What is "Your Spot" in WDW?

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
PhilharMagician said:
I hate to tell you this, but I believe that Turtle Shack Snacks is closed. I haven't seen it open in a long time and Allearsnet is reporting it closed. I am not sure if it is permanent or not.

yeah i think i may have known that. when we went in august there was a piece of paper taped to it saying it was closed forthe week. we were there for a week and a half and it looked like it had allready been closed for some time. oh well, it wasnt so much the snack bar, just the quiet night time swimming that i enjoy!

YankeeMouse

My "spot" is where the trolley car tracks form an X at the start of main street, and it is the last place I stand and wave goodbye to The Castle when we leave!

Leighbert

I love the Cinderella fountain. It used to be tucked off of Main Street but now it's in Fantasyland. It's so pretty. As soon as I see it, I start to relax.

Ringo8n24

I like sitting on the balcony of WL while it is drizzling and gloomy outside. It seems like you are so far away from everything.

I also love sitting on the benches outside the main building at POR in the back facing the water.

Since1976

The Japan Pavilion at Epcot -- It was always one of my favorite places, due to its size and beauty. As a kid, I could never convince my parents to loosen the purse strings and take us all inside for a meal. I finally went to WDW as an adult 12 years after my last trip as a kid, and had dinner at the Teppantyaki restaurant. The experience was, amazingly, as good as I had hoped it would be, even though I had had cuisine in a similar setting here in Maryland.

DisneyMissy

Sitting on the benches across from Aloha Isle eating a Dole Whip and watching the people go by, the smoking spot in the back of the Christmas shop in Liberty Square, not many people are there and it is nice and quite. I also enjoy sitting on the bench in EPCOT and watching the fountain. There are a few spots around the parks that we would just hang out and sit and take it all in. We also liked sitting along the lake at Pop Century.

Scar Junior

3 restaurants every trip.

1. Sitting by the water on the patio at the Rose and Crown with a basket of fish and chips and a beer. Eating, Drinking, wasting time. Not the full restaurant, but the patio. Several times each trip.

2. Lunch on the first day at Mitsokoshi (sp?). Tropical drinks, steak, shrimp, lobster and scallops. The perfect start to any trip.

3. Watching the fireworks (currently Wishes) just before the meal arrives at the California Grill. Usually one of the last two nights.

DigitalDisney

Overall, it's gotta be just about anywhere at the Poly at night. I love the tropical landscaping, the volcano pool, the lobby, the tiki torches, the music, etc. I could sit in the lobby for hours too.

MK-Probably the Swan boat dock. It's got a great view of the Tomorrowland entrance, and it's hardly ever busy.

EP-Innoventions at night. It's not quiet, but it's very dynamic and colorful.

MGM-I've always liked Echo Lake

AK-I like the trail that takes you from Pizzafari to the TTBAB queue entrance. I always walk down it several times on every visit to the park. It's quiet, it has great views

trr313

nibblesandbits said:
Thanks! Now I know the real name! :D

My favorite spot may be the same as yours, I'm not sure. As you are walking into the MK you head towards the castle and on the right there is the side street with tables and chairs at the end. That is my favorite spot. It's always empty and I can sit down with a hot dog from Casey's and relax and watch all the people pass by, as if they cannot even see me.

schroder6452

Mine are riding on TTA or SSE or when I was there working TTA. Another place I used to like was the Building 7 (I still can't tell you the name right off the top of my head even after working there) lagoon side staircase 4th or 5th floor at the Grand Floridian. When I was working nighttime Runner I'd go up there and watch Wishes or just go up and look over the lagoon.

nibblesandbits

trr313 said:
My favorite spot may be the same as yours, I'm not sure. As you are walking into the MK you head towards the castle and on the right there is the side street with tables and chairs at the end. That is my favorite spot. It's always empty and I can sit down with a hot dog from Casey's and relax and watch all the people pass by, as if they cannot even see me.
yep...that's it! It's absolutely wonderful! And people always walk right by it...never stop.

M:SpilotISTC12

I would have to say at Roaring Fork we always get the table were the bench is against the wall. We always ate breakfast at that table or at Epcot at Germany with a nice German pretzel watching the lagoon.

My "spot" at Disney is outside the Main Street Confectionary at the Checker table. My brother and I sit there about an hour and a half before the Share A Dream Come True Parade where we play checkers and eat ice cream. It's a nice place to rest and enjoy the Disney atmosphere.

Goin' Back to the World! July 31-August 6

3IAlienKid

1) This may sound silly, but I love the bus stops at Coronado Springs. The views of the small river and surrounding trees are nice, and there's always that sense of anticipation waiting to get to one of the theme parks.

2) At Coronado Springs, there's a bench in front of Casitas 5 looking out over 3 & 4, w/ the Dig Site to your left. It's nice when it's not too warm.

3) In the afternoons behind French Quarter under the trees watching the boats on the river and the horse drawn carriages go by.

4) It was nice to have a burger and fries in the outside eating area of the Electric Umbrella for early dinner while watching the Epcot fountain. Favorite song is the Rescuers Down Under.

5) I love to take a break at the MK w/ hot dogs at Casey's Corner, looking out across the hub at the Castle. Better enjoyed at non-peak hours.

theRIOT

My favorite spot ...

My favorite spot in the world is the tree I used to live under in the Downtown Disney CM Parking lot next to the Team Disney building.
That was a fun two weeks!!!

I'm also quite fond of the rocking chairs next to Aunt Polly's.
You just can't beat relaxing on the waters of the Rivers of America.

For example:
Watching the ducks swim, hearing that familiar howl coming from the Haunted Mansion, the roar of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad off in the distance and the slight sound of screaming as a log takes its trip down chick-a-pin hill over at Splash Mountain.
How can you not love it?

Good thing I'll be there in 2 months with my new bride for our honeymoon.
I can't wait to share these things with her for her first trip.

shmmrname

Very few spots beat the center of Main Street when saying 'Good Night' to the Castle...

Also, in the running include:
The final bend in Splash Mountain!, right where the AC really hits you.
The loading area of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
And many others I have temporarily forgotten...

Jayhawkie

My favorite spot is the top of Splash Mountain when the animals are singing to you "How do ya do?" and the sun is shining and the sky is blue!!! Totally enjoyable

JCorduroy

I've got three spots:

• Outside of the Tambu lounge at the Polynesian Resort, listening to the live music and watching the fireworks through the glass. (As a backup, any hammock at the Poly is great too.)
  • The cave on Discovery Island. It's the first place my wife and I sat down together at on our first trip to WDW.
  • Balcony at the WDW train station on Main Street USA. Great place to watch parades and the fireworks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom