What is your least favorite attraction at MGM?

head mouse

Okay, and again, does every ride have to be a thrill? Do you not go on Pirates of the Carribean because it isn't a thrill ride?

Its a PotC is a RIDE you dont just sit there and look at a movie screen.

I didn't say that I only liek thrill rides. I said I dont get a Thrill out of simulator rides.

And to be honest. I do get a big thrill from PotC and HM. :)

If you or anyone else likes simulator rides, then good, I'm glad, Someone must or else it wouldnt remain open. I just wouldnt spend time in line for it.

head mouse

See thats the thing, untill your post Ive never really thought of Soarin as a simulator, dont know why?

Then what would it be? It doent really move. Mayby the seats tilt a little or soemthing I really dont know/care, but you dont travel down a track, you dont spin (like Mission space), you just kinda sit there and look at this big movie screen and then it's over.

And B4 anyone say Thats the same as MS, no its not. Mission space spins which give you a thrill. You dont hear of people getting sick and/or dying on Soarin or Star Tours. That makes Mission Space a THIRLL RIDE in my book.

SOunds Dangerous definitely is at the top of the worst attractions in MGM. The two attractions that were originally in that building were the best. I think that they were Superstar Television and I cna't remember the name of the one where Sounds Danerous is located but it had audience participation with the movie sound effects based around a Chevy Chase and Martin Short film. Both of these attractions rocked and made it feel more like a studios. MGM is missing too much of this feeling anymore. It feels more like a bunch of things thrown together rather than a studio theme park.

DolFan

In my opinion, ever since they shortened the backlot tour it has gone downhill. It is not worth going on the tour at all.

head mouse

In my opinion, ever since they shortened the backlot tour it has gone downhill. It is not worth going on the tour at all.

I havent been on it since they shortened it, but was very disapointed that they took out the residents street.

With all the land they got, they could have put LMX somewhere else.

Oh well.

disney magic 06

I think mine has to be Beauty and the Beast as I fell asleep! Also Fantasmic was good but went on far too long - although it probably didn't help that it was December and freezing cold.

haveyoumetmark

Then what would it be? It doent really move. Mayby the seats tilt a little or soemthing I really dont know/care, but you dont travel down a track, you dont spin (like Mission space), you just kinda sit there and look at this big movie screen and then it's over.

And B4 anyone say Thats the same as MS, no its not. Mission space spins which give you a thrill. You dont hear of people getting sick and/or dying on Soarin or Star Tours. That makes Mission Space a THIRLL RIDE in my book.

Err...
Quite an erroneous post.
I'll go with the top three.
1) Mission: Space is a simulator.
2) Soarin' does travel on a track.
3) People getting sick or dying on a ride does not make it a thrill ride.

I will, however, give you one thing. Star Tours is pretty lame.

TLS

That NARNIA excuse for an attraction. Thats about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

Last time I was in WDW, was 1992. MGM was really cool! And they didn't even have TOT or RNRC!

They need to get the backlot tour back on track. I was soooo bummed when I went on it. The prop room prior to getting on the tram was great though....Lots to see. Wish I could have spent more time in that room alone.

Overall, if it wasn't for TOT and RNRC, MGM would be almost as bad as AK.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

which is exactly why I never considered it a simulator, more of an interactive movie akin to Philarmagic.

but If i were you id address those issues before some postal workers get it.

head mouse

Err...
Quite an erroneous post.
I'll go with the top three.
1) Mission: Space is a simulator.
2) Soarin' does travel on a track.
3) People getting sick or dying on a ride does not make it a thrill ride.

I will, however, give you one thing. Star Tours is pretty lame.

Soarin does NOT travel on a track. it is lifted into the air by a machine. It does not travel downa track, do a loop, and go up and down over hills.

See the difference? (prob not)

Chape19714

Soarin does NOT travel on a track. it is lifted into the air by a machine. It does not travel downa track, do a loop, and go up and down over hills.

See the difference? (prob not)
True, but there are tracks in place so it can lift up, it actually has many moving parts. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom