What is your favorite WDW recipe that you have actually made??

ScrappyTam

I know that there are many WDW restaurant recipes available in print and on the web. I was wondering, what has been the best recipe that you have actually made and tried.

If you have the link or are able to share the recipe with us, that would be wonderful as well.

Thanks!

wannabeBelle

:lol: :lol:
nibblesandbits said:
OMG! I am SO dumb! I always wondered why this thread was always popping up! I wondered why this disscussion about French Toast kept continuing for so long!!! I never actually took the time to look at it! :hammer: Ok, well, now maybe I'm going to have to actually take the time to read it sometime! Thanks tigsmom for clearing that one up.
:lol: that is classic!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

maconMouse

Chef Mickey's Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, Cottage Pie from the Rose & Crown (absolutely delicious), the Le Cellier Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, and the Rice Cream from Norway. All turned out awesome and reminded me of being in the World...not too mention all the extra calories I usually take in there. It actually was nice to get an extra cup of cheese soup! :slurp:

I'm dying to try to Grapefruit Cake recipe from Disney MGM, and want to give that a try next. Glad to hear others have had success with that.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

maconMouse said:
I'm dying to try to Grapefruit Cake recipe from Disney MGM, and want to give that a try next. Glad to hear others have had success with that.

This intrigues me also. I'm a new fan of grapefruit so I'm a little afraid to try it. Is the taste strong?

Upvote 0

PhantomPhan

I have an old Disney cookbook with the receipe for the Crystal Palace French Toast that they used to serve, like 10 years ago. It's basically deep fried and covered in cinnamon sugar, its basically a heart attack with a glass milk, but man is that heart attack delicious!

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

PhantomPhan said:
I have an old Disney cookbook with the receipe for the Crystal Palace French Toast that they used to serve, like 10 years ago. It's basically deep fried and covered in cinnamon sugar, its basically a heart attack with a glass milk, but man is that heart attack delicious!

Mmmm...heart attacks... :slurp:

:lol:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

The original recipe for Hoop De Doo beef ribs. (they now simply use Hunts BBQ Sauce instead of a homemade sauce). The recipe is in the early edition of Cooking with Mickey Around the World.

Do you have a picture or ISBN number for this book? I'm looking on Amazon and there are several titles popping up.

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

I have made the Maple Syrup Pie from an old Disney cookbook, Cooking with Mickey VII. I bought it in the early 1990's. It was (maybe still is) served at Le Cellier in Canada, Epcot. It is super easy and very good, a rich pecan pie.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

My one and only WDW recipe was the Choclate Wave cake from Coral Reef. I though the recipe was moderatly diffcult but worth it. I do bake and cook often, my Aunt who the dessert was for, tried twice and couldn't get them to cook right in the water bath. My Aunt and her two daughters can not eat wheat due to an allergy so this recipe was perfect for them. They love Coral Reef and were so happy to find a place that had a dessert with out wheat that was not a sundae. Anyway the cake was great and the white choclate center was googy and wonderful as usual.

Upvote 0

Adreamisawish

The Clam Chowder and the Tuna Salad Sandwich from the Columbia Harbor House. :slurp:

They finally sent me the recipe and they were both easy to make and tasted EXACTLY like what we had when we were there in 2005.

BTW...The Clam Chowder Recipe from the Columbia Harbor House is different from the other Clam Chowder Recipes that have been posted for the other restaurants at WDW. The same way with the Tuna Salad. :slurp::slurp::slurp:

Upvote 0
Every year we buy the cookbook from the Wine & Food Festival, even though the recipes don't change each year. We have tried so many of the recipes but our favorite is definitely the Sam Adams Wings from the Sam Adams booth. If any one wants the recipe we'll be sure to post it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

FYI...

We have a long running recipe thread that is stickied to the top of the Restaurant & Dining Forum. If anyone has a request for a favorite recipe please make your post there so we can keep them all in one place. Also if anyone has a recipe that they would like to share, that hasn't already been posted, Please feel free to do so... It is people sharing their favorites that make that such a great thread.

I have the master list of recipes posted so if anybody would like it, please PM me your email address. :wave:

Upvote 0

colleen2997

I made crab cakes from the Canadian kiosk at the Food & Wine Festival. The recipe was in the F&W festival's cook book. They were the best crab cakes I ever made.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom