What is your favorite WDW recipe that you have actually made??

ScrappyTam

I know that there are many WDW restaurant recipes available in print and on the web. I was wondering, what has been the best recipe that you have actually made and tried.

If you have the link or are able to share the recipe with us, that would be wonderful as well.

Thanks!

Grimsby

Three favs I have been able to get actual copies of and make, typically for sunday dinners...Roasted Mash from King Stefan's and the Orange-Glazed Carrots from Chef Mickey's, both of which i obtained from the old Disney magazine and the Chicken Corn Chowder from Storytellers at the Grand Californian..that one i actually asked to speak with the chef and tell him how much i loved it, she asked for my email address and when i got home, there is was waiting for me..she even cut the ingredients down to a batch for 5 people :)

Upvote 0

ExCastMember

Every year we buy the cookbook from the Wine & Food Festival, even though the recipes don't change each year. We have tried so many of the recipes but our favorite is definitely the Sam Adams Wings from the Sam Adams booth. If any one wants the recipe we'll be sure to post it.

Do you know if you can buy those books outside of EPCOT? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find one anywhere. :shrug:
I would love to get my hands on just one :animwink:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Three favs I have been able to get actual copies of and make, typically for sunday dinners...Roasted Mash from King Stefan's and the Orange-Glazed Carrots from Chef Mickey's, both of which i obtained from the old Disney magazine and the Chicken Corn Chowder from Storytellers at the Grand Californian..that one i actually asked to speak with the chef and tell him how much i loved it, she asked for my email address and when i got home, there is was waiting for me..she even cut the ingredients down to a batch for 5 people :)

What a wonderful surprise at the end of a vacation! :sohappy:

I've always found the chef's to be more than willing to share, though some recipes will always remain a secret. :lol:

Upvote 0

urbanvegan

I love making vegan version of the recipes, and my favourite has to be Tonga Toast! I made it for Christmas brunch a few months ago, and it was a surefire hit.

Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian is normally deep-fried and made with egg, but substituting banana for egg and soy or nut milk for the dip makes it much healthier - and I use a small fraction of the amount of oil in the pan that the recipe call for. I use a multigrain sourdough bread.

It's also good with a bit of dark spiced rum in the dip too! :slurp:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

The honey lime dressing served on the dinner salad at Ohana's. I've made several Disney recipes but the dressing is by far my favorite. I'm not a really creative cook and recipes with a lot of ingredients really take a big commitment from me. The dressing is simple, it's fast, and when I make it I fill a cruet and leave it in the fridge for a few weeks. The stuff keeps just fine. It's salad dressing. We love it!

Upvote 0

slowbee

I've made the Pollo A Las Rajas from the San Angel Inn at EPCOT. I make it slightly different and my wife swares that mine is better.

Also the Honey Coriander Chicken Wings from 'Ohanas.

Upvote 0

ryguy

Queso Fundido from the San Angel Inn. For some reason they took it off the menu. But making it at home is easy and tastes exactly the same. Made the tortilla soup from the san angel inn and it didn't taste that great. Fortunately I can still get it at the restaurant, I think.:shrug:

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

My favorite one, and I still make it today even though it's been gone for years, is the mighty Handwich (c) from the Farmer's Market.

Anyone remember that classic?

I remember the handwich from The Land pavilion! I remember it being a French loaf or Italian bread hollowed out and filled with a hamburger mixture. Mousesurlpus was selling the handwich sign a few years ago :ROFLOL:.

Upvote 0

philipneil

Panko shrimp with Mango salsa from The California Grill. Simple, but delicious. The mango salsa can be used with almost anything. I've used it with shrimp, nacho chips, pita, scallops, haddock and trout.
I've of course tried to mimic the cheddar soup from Le Cellier. Not as good as the original though.

Upvote 0

LenYJr

I can't say I followed the exact recipe, but I enjoyed the Bananas Foster I had at 'Ohana last year so much, I made a batch at Christmas and the family got to enjoy a great WDW dessert too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom