What is your favorite subtle detail from any attraction?

Heppenheimer

The echo effect added to the music in the Tower of Terror lobby. It just adds a subtle little level of creepiness to music that by itself isn't particularly eerie.

Along the same lines, I love the queue music for the Jungle Cruise (both US parks) and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. They perfectly establish the timeframe and the music of the two attractions complement each other well:

Finally, I need to mention my absolute favorite background loop from any Disney property:

It takes you right back to the Tiki culture of the 1950s, and features all the big names of Exotica music, vintage and modern.

Archie123

Mr. Toad giving the deed to his former ride to Owl in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Ride.

1629738680970.png

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Not my favorite but I'm curious why in Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that Mr. Toad gives Owl the deed instead of any of the other characters. Is there some perception that one needs to "old enough" to be conveyed real estate interests that precludes Christopher Robin from taking the deed? By most measures Owl already has a very nice house. I'm sure Kanga would love to move her and Roo out of a tree and into a larger space to bounce around. Or is wise Owl accumulating a real estate empire? Perhaps Christopher Robin needs to more seriously consider rent control measures.

Anyway, I consider the RotR Star Destroyer cast members talking with guests as a detail. They may have some improvisational training? They're great to banter with and roll well with whatever you throw at them.

JohnD

Not my favorite but I'm curious why in Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that Mr. Toad gives Owl the deed instead of any of the other characters. Is there some perception that one needs to "old enough" to be conveyed real estate interests that precludes Christopher Robin from taking the deed? By most measures Owl already has a very nice house. I'm sure Kanga would love to move her and Roo out of a tree and into a larger space to bounce around. Or is wise Owl accumulating a real estate empire? Perhaps Christopher Robin needs to more seriously consider rent control measures.

Anyway, I consider the RotR Star Destroyer cast members talking with guests as a detail. They may have some improvisational training? They're great to banter with and roll well with whatever you throw at them.

That used to be the location of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride which took up space where both Winnie the Pooh and Princess Fairytale Hall is now (there were two tracks). Pooh occupies the approximate location of the "left" track of Mr. Toad. But I guess your question is "Why Owl?" Probably from how owls are usually portrayed as being smart, etc. Even in the Tootsie Pop commercial, the kid is asking an owl how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie pop.

Beacon Joe

Not my favorite but I'm curious why in Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that Mr. Toad gives Owl the deed instead of any of the other characters.

I never liked or trusted Owl much. Though Owl had his good points. And I didn't dislike Owl nearly as much as I actively disliked Rabbit and wished for his demise at the hand of the heffalumps or woozels.

I wouldn't be surprised if Owl connived Mr. Toad into a making bad real estate deal. Then heartbroken after realizing he got tricked out of his estate for a second time, Toad quickly ended up in that pet cemetary.

Mickey5150

I will die on this one but Chester and Hester's Dinorama. Thanks to the discovery of fossils and later time rovers so that we could see real dinos, somebody needed to cash in on the popularity of this once quiet town. A tacky amusement park built on a gas station parking lot was the perfect way to earn some money. When you slow down and walk thru Dinoland, picking up all the little details, you realize the incredible level of detail that went in to telling the story. I will be the one person who is sad when the finally remove Chester and Hester's.

sullyinMT

Asia in DAK. Particularly if it has rained and still wet at night. There is one view of the lagoon, near Drinkwalla and the Joffrey’s, with a Rickshaw photo op, that transports me for some reason.

I really think it's cool how the Imagineers building GMR actually created lore for the town of "Tombstone" through wanted posters, newspapers, etc.
Adding onto this, they also put a lot of detail into the Chicago scene, like how the pool hall is shut down due to violating an amendment (forgot which one, i believe it has to do with public safety) and how you can overhear residents talking about how the pool hall. theres also a bunch of old 1930s brand logos scattered everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom