What is your favorite sound at the World?

EaglesfanNJ

Original Poster
I did a search and found nothing, and I've previously read the "What is your favorite smell", as well as "Favorite Attraction", "Resort", etc.

I thought it might be fun to list your favorite sound since WDW is the ultimate play on all of our senses.

Is it the first time you hear "welcome home"? Is it the spiels you get on the monorail/Magical Express/TTA? Is it a characters voice? Is it the screams you hear as guests plumet down Splash? Illimunations music?

Mine would have to be the music piped in while walking around Magic Kingdom. It almost makes me just get a little pep in my step and want to just stroll around aimlessly...specifically on Main Street USA and around the HUB. Grabbing myself a premium bar, scouting out a bench, and just taking in the scenery while listening to that music just instantly gives me the "magic". :rolleyes:

So... what's yours??! :)

David

OK, I'll go first. Our usual first stop is MK, and nothing makes me feel like I'm really back at Disney than the whistle and the bells from the WDW railroad.

Xethis

For me it's not the movie on the Magic Express, or the sounds in the hotel lobby, or even the sounds of the crowds when you first enter the park. For me it's the minute you step into the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion and the pipe organ starts. The pipe organ tells me I'm home.

So much so that if I hear one outside of the parks I usually turn to my wife with 'creepy face' & say "Welcome foolish mortals . . .", then she gives me 'the look' and I go back to normal. :D

EaglesfanNJ

Original Poster
Awesome answers so far!

I admit, i love those bells and whistles from the train, and the sound of the steam coming out!

And the HM has to be up there on my top 10 as well. If it was not for Splash it would be my fav. attraction.... so many wonderful sounds not only inside, but outside too. I also got a "new look" at the HM this past trip during MNSSHP with the fog and the lady out front

SeaCastle

The sounds of Frontierland...specifically at the top of Splash Mountain when you can hear the railroad and riverboat.

Pooh'sBuddy

The sounds of Frontierland...specifically at the top of Splash Mountain when you can hear the railroad and riverboat.

The entrance music on Main St. as soon as you see the castle. Ahhhhhh, I'm home. ;)

Mine would have to be the music piped in while walking around Magic Kingdom. It almost makes me just get a little pep in my step and want to just stroll around aimlessly...specifically on Main Street USA and around the HUB. Grabbing myself a premium bar, scouting out a bench, and just taking in the scenery while listening to that music just instantly gives me the "magic". :rolleyes:

Mine's got to be any music in Tomorrowland. I could sit there with my eyes closed and listen to a whole loop.

SaskDisneyGirl

The Character wake up call first thing in the morning, cause that is the precise moment you remember that you are in DisneyWorld! Sure beats any alarm clock I've ever had!

Cmdr_Crimson

This One...By Far! It's the first thing you hear when you've arrived home!!!:D:sohappy:
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyFvpasN2R0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyFvpasN2R0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

DisneyPrincess5

I just love the sound of faint, or sometimes loud, music that plays throughout the each park from locations you'd never suspect! It's just 'around' in the air. I adore it!

I love the music at the Epcot entrance. That blend of music from the rides is magical, especially since I start anticipating each ride as the music changes.

I'm also a sucker for the night music. Illuminations, Fantasmic, Spectro, Wishes. Sometimes I'll be doing something that has nothing to do with disney and all of a sudden the music will start floating around in my head. Then I'll grin really wide and people will look at me weird.

YETI27

I love the moment we enter the lobby area of the Pop Century. All the sounds of everybody moving about, the music playing in the background, the " POP CENTURY" decoration on the walls, the friendly and helpful staff. What a sensory overload. That's the moment I think to myself " It's great to be home".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom