What is your favorite Queue?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
George is the "alleged" ghost that lurks around the ride. The rumors of who he actually was are all over the place. He supposedely died/comitted suicide during the construction of the ride, but POTC meant so much to him that he stuck around after his death to keep an eye on things. some say he was an engineer, others say a maintenance man. Ask a CM about George next time ur on the ride. The ones that are willing to talk about him have some cool stories. One time when we asked a young woman CM, a senior CM came over and stared at us intently for a moment then whispered, "dont say that name to loud". Then he walked off. I'm sure it was dramatic flair for the kids in our group but it was totally awesome.

Turtle

Star Tours is very underrated here, and Tower Of Terror, Pirates of The Carribean, Everest, Toy Story Mania. Space Mountain would be here but I get bored to death with the 50 minute waits in it haha.

(I'm not a big thrill rider but I got fastpass just to go through the fantastic Tower of Terror queue and walk back down lol)

FrankLapidus

I know it seems that changes are coming to this particular queue but mine is Pirates of the Caribbean. The reason is simple: the game of eternal chess, devised by the undisputed genius that was Marc Davis. For me, its the perfect example of a small feature that isn't a part of the ride itself adding to it's overall charm and its something that I always have to stop and admire whenever I'm on the ride.

Benjamin Linus

Have to say this is a very interesting topic.

Space mountain comes straight to mind. I haven't been since 2007 but the 'star tunnel' music is quintessential Disney.
Pirates of the Caribbean as mentioned above is another highlight. The light breeze, the music and the lighting give rise to some of the best theming and atmosphere in the whole of WDW.
One that hasn't got enough acclaim is definitely the queue for dinosaur. The dramatic music combined with the skeleton in the central atrium and the detailed roof is amazing. Combine that with one of my favourite pre-ride videos make it one of the most underrated queues. The only slight negative is all of the horrendous mcdonalds sponsorship references.

wonderbooty911

MuppetVision 3D is my favorite. C'mon, who doesn't love "A net full of jello" and the key under the mat?
I would have to say, though, one of the most underrated queue is the Norway ride. It's so 80's and so full of retro awesome-ness!! The memoribila in BST is pretty cool,too, but the line always moves too fast so you only get a glimpse of it.

SulleyanBoo

This is a great discussion. Queues are definitely one of the most overlooked and under appreciated details of Disney parks. It's difficult to pick just one since so many are worthy of praise.

Except Soarin'. That has to be the most boring and generic queue of all the parks.

Not to mention THE SLOWEST BY FAR. I know that it is because they can only take a certain amount of people and it is not a constant moving ride such as TTA, sapce mountain, spaceship earth ect but it still sucks waiting in that one.

Goofnut1980

I would say Pirates because of the dimmly lit room and its a nice cool down. Then Space Mountain because the walk goes down to another level and you dont realize you are underground, and then bam! you are in the starport.

NiarrNDisney

MK - HM (I like the new interactive tombs), PotC (Dark, cool, brings you into the theme very well)

Epcot - TT ( Cool, lots of neat things to look at plus I kinda like the techno like music)

DHS - ToT (Beautiful plus a little dark), TSMM (Cool, Very nostalgic with all the old toys and games)

DAK - EE (I like the museum and all the themeing), ITTBAB (Great views of the Tree of Life), KRR (The temple is beautiful)

Basically if its a inside queue I really like it because it has AC!

Goofyernmost

I would have to vote for ToT. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe the detail. The thing that struck me the most was the outside fountain. When I first saw it it was almost brand new, but there was the broken tile and especially the stain around it depicting what the water level (was) before it deteriorated. Very real. And, of course the inside lobby and the basement boiler room. Man that seemed very authentic. PoTC is good but it is basically a hallway with a few appropriate scenes.

Goofyernmost

Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. No other Disney queue comes close.
(The Indy and Forbidden Journey queues are in a class by themselves. Beyond Everest and ToT.)

I agree that this is pretty spectacular, but it is also never ending. I am convinced that even though the start of the queue line is in Disneyland, the ride itself is in Mexico City. It's at least a five minute steady walk to get to the ride vehicles. The first time I went I got to within 25 feet of the ride itself and the CM started evacuating everyone because there was some smoke coming from someplace...so 5 minutes back to the outside. Went later in the day with no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom