What is your favorite memory from this board?

kcnole

Original Poster
Mine probably goes back to the destruction of the awful wand over SSE. I remember all the rumors building on here that the wand was coming down, and then the excitement we had when we found it was coming down, but that was nothing like coming here everyday and waiting with baited breath for someone to post the new pictures of how it had changed from the day before. I was just thinking to how exciting of a time that was for me on this particular board because it was something I had wanted to happen for so long and felt so passionate about, and I got to watch it happen every day.

Now if only the hat at DHS or the leave a legacy stones could go through the same thing. I'd love to go through that again.

So what is your favorite memory from this board?

dave1105

The wand progress photos were definately cool. I also enjoyed the person who started a game showing pics of their feet and we had to guess where in the World they were.

Tinkerbella16

Mine probably goes back to the destruction of the awful wand over SSE. I remember all the rumors building on here that the wand was coming down, and then the excitement we had when we found it was coming down, but that was nothing like coming here everyday and waiting with baited breath for someone to post the new pictures of how it had changed from the day before. I was just thinking to how exciting of a time that was for me on this particular board because it was something I had wanted to happen for so long and felt so passionate about, and I got to watch it happen every day.

Now if only the hat at DHS or the leave a legacy stones could go through the same thing. I'd love to go through that again.

I definately have to agree with you. I have never seen so many threads that were started just about that one topic...it made me realize how important taking down the wand really was. And reading about if others agreed or disagreed with taking it down. But i too, was on here almost every single day looking at updates and photos of the work progress going on, so I would have to say the same thing since I haven't had any other true memories like "the wand" memory.

Expo_Seeker40

General Grizz's save the balloons campaign, the establishment of the MerfCove and the large planning for Celebration25 are some of my favorites.

WIX

Although I am very happy the wand came down, I really like the hat and hope that it stays . . . sorry

MKCP 1985

The wacky park regulars thread while it lasted,
waffles v. pancakes,
tracking the opening of Expedition:Everest,
the final meltdowns of several former pains now banned,
the mysterious case of Bill the imagineer a/k/a "Harry Potter comes to Disney"
tracking the draining of the 20K lagoon,
Gary's trip reports.
Save the CoP campaign

These are a few of my favorites.

tirian

When I mentioned (years ago) that Center Street was reopening for business and PI was being redeveloped...and was promptly accused of being a liar, troll, and "pimple-faced fanboy in the midwest."

The incident still makes me laugh.

fizzle75

My favorite memories from this board have nothing to do with any particular threads, although there have been some doozies(the infamous wand threads, SSE threads and the ReDisney-Edew excitement). My fondest memories are of all of the amazing people I've met and befriended on these boards which ultimately lead to us meeting in the parks and sharing a special moment or two. I'll never forget meeting up with VernonPush and HCSwingfield at the bust stop at Boardwalk, meeting up with MitchK and his wife Holly at both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and inadvertently entertaining Emmers&Jack while eating dinner at Boma. But one of the definite highlights has been my friendship with Sbkline which lead to my wife and I spending several evenings with him and his wife Connie during our most recent trip in April.

This site has not only been fun and very informative for me but it has also been very therapeutic as well. It is so awesome to know that there's a ton of other WDW/Disney freaks out there who don't think I'm weird or strange because I love and enjoy Disney so much. I know alot of members here are members of other WDW forums but I've checked out the competition and I can honestly say this is the best WDW fansite on the net. As sappy as it may sound, I look forward to many more years on this site but most of all I look forward to meeting up with more of you fine folks and making magical memories with you in the parks. :wave:

By the way Steve, I'm really glad that you stink at Mini golf as much as I do...it made for a great evening.;):lol:

Also... Mitch, you're a great guy and I apologize for the bazillionth time for my idiotic comments and preconceived notions.

Thanks you guys(and gals)for welcoming an ignorant mountain boy into the "family".

image025.jpg

MattMakeedaMitchandHolly.jpg

fizzle75

Oh yeah, one more thing that I almost forgot...

I'll never forget being surprised and a little freaked out by The Mom at my workplace last summer!:lol:

Hi mom!:wave:

The wand progress photos were definately cool. I also enjoyed the person who started a game showing pics of their feet and we had to guess where in the World they were.

OK, where are we??? When my DH took this picture I thought it was dumb, but now I see that it had a purpose all along... :)

IMG_0714.jpg

krankenstein

It was great reading everyone attacking MaElStRoM RoCkS for his crazy posts.

I also miss the ladder threads around the time M:S was going to open. Everyone was taking pictures of it in the gift shop. After M:S opened it was seen everywhere around WDW, it was great! :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d forgotten a lot of those :D

Ladder Threads for Philharmagic, the discussions about the new Land, and `seeing` RoE for the first time in 2000 in a little lores window when the site was still on force9!

I still click back to look at the 180top thread - and the 2 main EPCOT25 threads....

Tinkerbella16

My favorite memories from this board have nothing to do with any particular threads, although there have been some doozies(the infamous wand threads, SSE threads and the ReDisney-Edew excitement). My fondest memories are of all of the amazing people I've met and befriended on these boards which ultimately lead to us meeting in the parks and sharing a special moment or two. I'll never forget meeting up with VernonPush and HCSwingfield at the bust stop at Boardwalk, meeting up with MitchK and his wife Holly at both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and inadvertently entertaining Emmers&Jack while eating dinner at Boma. But one of the definite highlights has been my friendship with Sbkline which lead to my wife and I spending several evenings with him and his wife Connie during our most recent trip in April.

This site has not only been fun and very informative for me but it has also been very therapeutic as well. It is so awesome to know that there's a ton of other WDW/Disney freaks out there who don't think I'm weird or strange because I love and enjoy Disney so much. I know alot of members here are members of other WDW forums but I've checked out the competition and I can honestly say this is the best WDW fansite on the net. As sappy as it may sound, I look forward to many more years on this site but most of all I look forward to meeting up with more of you fine folks and making magical memories with you in the parks. :wave:

By the way Steve, I'm really glad that you stink at Mini golf as much as I do...it made for a great evening.;):lol:

Also... Mitch, you're a great guy and I apologize for the bazillionth time for my idiotic comments and preconceived notions.

Thanks you guys(and gals)for welcoming an ignorant mountain boy into the "family".

MattMakeedaMitchandHolly.jpg

Such a nice post! And very well-written. It is always a pleasure to meet new people on here, and hopefully one time when Im at wdw I will be able to spend time in the parks with people from wdwmagic. MitchK is actually only a town away from me! I grew up in williamstown. Its good to know I'm not the only one obsessed with disney in my area!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Epcot's 25th without question was the best thing to happen on these boards. Never in my life have I had the pleasure of being around so many great people that "got it" That day will forever live in my memory as one of the best days of my life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom