What is The Weirdest Thing you've seen while you were at WDW?

FettFan

View attachment 62136

At Epcot this past May....

Tyrion-being-praised-by-Lord-Varys.jpg

:rolleyes:

Tink28

Worse thing I have witnessed was on the boat from POR to DTD, a couple with a double stroller and (I think) twins got on at POFQ, the girl (about 3) started screaming as the boat pulled away not from being a brat but from being totally terrified about being in a boat or on the water. She continued to scream all the way to DTD and the screaming/crying got worse everytime another boat passed creating a ripple on the water.

Everyone on the boat were horrified as the child was really distressed and upset, perhaps the parents thought that by taking her on boats she would get over her fear, but it was not working.

Lots of comments were made by fellow passengers as we all got off the boat at DTD, like 'maybe you should use the bus next time'.

Felt so sorry for the little girl

gwhb75

From my trip report last year:

In this case, there was a family waiting for a bus for AoA, and the mother of the family (who I would guess was in her late 50's/early 60's) was in a scooter (no, this isn’t an I hate scooters story, it just so happens the lady was in a scooter). The first bus pulled up and was full (if you’ve never been to a waterpark before, normally the bus goes from the resort to the waterpark and then on to another park after that, so it's often full of people who aren't getting off at the waterpark). Anyways, the bus pulls up full, and this lady starts asking the bus driver why she won’t tell people they have to get off the bus so she can get on. The conversation went on for a good two or three minutes, with lots of hand waving and loudness. In the end, the bus pulled away, with the family still waiting. About two minutes later, a second AoA bus pulls up…same thing (full). This time the driver just opens the door and tells her they’re full, and drives off. Well this lady loses it. Just starts yelling at the bus as it drives away (while her 30ish year old son gives the bus the finger (in front of his two kids)), then tells her husband she’s going to go deal with this, and drives off to go complain to someone. I jokingly mentioned to Tammy how funny it would be if an empty AoA bus showed up now…which it did. Her husband had to go running off to find her. At least this whole thing provided a distraction while we waited for our bus to come

Weather_Lady

This was strange, but in a sweet way: in the waiting area for the American Adventure this past May, we met "Santa Claus" and "Mrs. Claus". On one of the benches sat a nice older gentleman with genuine, white whiskers and little round eyeglasses, and his wife. Both were dressed all in red outfits with white trim (as I recall, his outfit consisted of red linen trousers, a white Hawaiian shirt with a red pattern and red suspenders, and a red straw fedora -- quite dashing, actually). My children couldn't help but comment on the resemblance, and the couple overheard them and came over to us, introduced themselves as the Clauses ("it's good to take a vacation from the North Pole once in a while," they explained), asked the kids if they'd been good this year, and gave them each a Santa Claus sticker with a message on it. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was basically a reminder to be kind to others.

We ran into them a couple of other places in Epcot that day, and it was clear that this was just a fun-loving and kindly older couple who wanted to bring a smile to the faces of kids they encountered. That, or we really met Santa Claus and I was remiss in forgetting to thank him for that amazing dollhouse in 1988.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

May I be struck be a bolt of lightning if I wasn't telling the truth!!

The only explanation could be some kind of tour group!

I believe you! We waited nearly 20 minutes when we visited in May -- it was late afternoon on a day with low-to-average crowds. When we got in line, the estimated wait time was 15 minutes, and I remarked to my husband that it "had to be a mistake." Well, it wasn't -- the only mistake was the one we were making by even bothering with the attraction! ;)

The Tuna

I saw two girls taking ographic pictures in MK just before the halloween party. I called them pictures 1-5 in the set of 30, the pre-nudity ones. One was dressed as Minnie Mouse and her outfit was 4 sizes too small. I also saw a guy pleasuring himself in the washroom at Typhoon Lagoon. There was a window above the stall and the light was casting a shadow under the stall and into the area near the sinks. I gave a tap on his door just to kinda let him know people were around. I went outside and happened to run into a female security guard and told her what was happening. She said Eww and walked away.

Launchpad McQuack

On our honeymoon (Sept. 2011), my wife and I were walking from Tower of Terror to Rock n Roller Coaster. Right there, in that area between the two attractions, was a stroller with a baby in it. No parents to be seen. Just this baby in a stroller. It looked like the opening scene of a Law and Order: SVU episode. Well, we stood around, confused as all get out, for about ten minutes. There was a small crowd of people also looking at each other, wondering what is going on with this baby. Well, eventually, a family walks up from toward Rock n Roller Coaster and takes the stroller. I'm assuming it was theirs, and I'm assuming they just left this baby sitting there while they went on the ride.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
On our honeymoon (Sept. 2011), my wife and I were walking from Tower of Terror to Rock n Roller Coaster. Right there, in that area between the two attractions, was a stroller with a baby in it. No parents to be seen. Just this baby in a stroller. It looked like the opening scene of a Law and Order: SVU episode. Well, we stood around, confused as all get out, for about ten minutes. There was a small crowd of people also looking at each other, wondering what is going on with this baby. Well, eventually, a family walks up from toward Rock n Roller Coaster and takes the stroller. I'm assuming it was theirs, and I'm assuming they just left this baby sitting there while they went on the ride.
:eek: We would have been contacting Disney security in under 2 minutes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom