What is the strangest thing another guest has asked you in the parks?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought there might be some interesting stories from this one. What is the strangest thing another guest has asked you in the parks?

bluewings

Had a person ask me on Main Street where Cinderella's Castle was......I'm 98% sure they were just messing with me but I hold on to that 2% cause it'd be awesome if they really didn't know

NiarrNDisney

Can you cover your tattoo it scares me!

How much do I have to pay for a fastpass? Can I only get them if I am staying in one of the Resorts?

_Scar

A fat lady asked me to sit down during Wishes since apparently her whole family decided to sit down and needed everyone else to sit down too...

Seriously?! I've been waiting the entire day to just relax and now I have to maintain in an uncomfortable position on the nasty ground starring straight up to see fireworks?!

That really got me mad.

Walt Disney1955

A fat lady asked me to sit down during Wishes since apparently her whole family decided to sit down and needed everyone else to sit down too...

Seriously?! I've been waiting the entire day to just relax and now I have to maintain in an uncomfortable position on the nasty ground starring straight up to see fireworks?!

That really got me mad.

If you are sitting down watching Wishes there is a rule of thumb. Make sure the people in front of you are sitting as well. If they aren't then it's too bad, stand up. You can't paralyze people in front of you just because you can't or won't stand. People in wheelchairs are the exception of course

darthspielberg

On my last day during my last trip, I had a little girl ask me how we would escape the Haunted Mansion since there were no Windows and No Doors (She had missed the part about the Ghost Host's way)

She and her sister debated ideas until they both decided they would look for a hole in the wall to crawl out of.

Not all that weird, but certainly adorable. :)

Krack

I had someone ask me once if I knew where the Indiana Jones ride was located (showing me her park map), while we were standing in line for the Indiana Jones ride.

After I told her, she laughed and said that they got off the Jungle Cruise and just followed the crowd and she really had no idea where she was or what she was in line for.

I think just about everyone has been asked this, but I still get a kick out of it. We were at the Emporium and someone asked me if I knew when the 3 o'clock parade was starting. :lol:

zurgandfriend

Not in the park but in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge a man asked me "Is this the Wilderness Lodge?"

At first I thought it was a joke, then I said "Yes, not to be confused with Ft Wilderness." That was it, he had them mixed up and wasn't sure which was which.

LucyintheSky

On my last day during my last trip, I had a little girl ask me how we would escape the Haunted Mansion since there were no Windows and No Doors (She had missed the part about the Ghost Host's way)

She and her sister debated ideas until they both decided they would look for a hole in the wall to crawl out of.

Not all that weird, but certainly adorable. :)

My son (6) just did something similar at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. You know how Roz says in the beginning that if Mike doesn't collect enough laughs, there won't be enough power to open the exit doors? Well... he took this seriously, and the whole time was keeping an eye on the collector thing, and when the doors opened at the end, he was obviously relieved and said loudly, "Yes! They could open the doors!" It was funny.

I think the weirdest thing I've even been asked I've gotten several times. I watch the British Invasion alot. They're friends of mine, and I usually watch them several times when I'm at the park. When other people see me at different shows, sometimes they'll ask me if I'm "with" one of them, usually with a smirk or a wink. That annoys me. I guess since I'm a girl, I must be "with" one of them, it can't *possibly* be that I like the music! Men I know who watch them all the time never get asked stupid stuff like that.

Eh, maybe that's not weird so much as it's a person pet peeve of mine. :eek:

cblodg

Can you cover your tattoo it scares me!

How much do I have to pay for a fastpass? Can I only get them if I am staying in one of the Resorts?

Oh yeah, I've had that asked to me before!!! I still can't belive people don't know how to use Fastpass. :eek:

I had someone yell into a bathroom to check on their young son and see if he was doing alright...:lookaroun

Yensid40

Plenty of times has people asked me!

(1) "Do you work here?" This was when I wore my personalized guest name badge, and could not possibly even resemble a CM. At all.

Try being asked this one when it is 80 outside and you are walking down Sunset wearing a suit.

Do you work here?

No. No I don't. I just put the name tag on and wear a suit on a hot humid Orlando summer day. These are my park touring clothes.

Master Gracey 5

We were waiting for the bus back to the resort at Epcot after EMH and my brother and I were tossing a Mickey Football he had bought at Mouse Gear. After a couple of minutes, about 6 teenage cheerleaders came over and asked if they could take their picture with us and the football. Not knowing what else to do, we agreed. We chatted for a minute or two with them until the bus arrived, apparently they were from Canada and saw us playing football and wanted a picture to show their friends back home. My mother kept joking about it all trip long.

bobjl527

"Can you take our picture?"

I know, doesn't sound strange. However, this often asked question lead to a strange experience for me.
My wife was using the restroom so I parked myself at the closest bench. A young couple asked me if I could take their picture. "Absolutely" was my response. They stood there and I told them to say, "Mickey Mouse." SNAP. They thanked me. However, another couple was standing right next to me and asked me the same question. "Sure." I had nothing better to do. This one took a bit longer as they had some trouble with their older camera. After a couple of takes, we got it. I turned around and to my horror, a line of about 8 people had formed waiting for me to take their pictures:lookaroun. I said, "Sorry folks, I have other things to do." A woman looked at me all disgusted and said, "Don't you work here?" Uh....no. Does Disney uniform their photographers in "Three Stooges t-shirts, khaki shorts and sandals? It was just a very "odd" situation.

rainfully

I was riding the resort monorail and when we stopped at the Polynesian, a lady asked me completely seriously if we were at Animal Kingdom. When I told her no, it was the Polynesian, she said "Oh, I just kinda figured it was Animal Kingdom because of all the plants"

:hammer:

That was honestly the weirdest.

jeffk410

I was riding the resort monorail and when we stopped at the Polynesian, a lady asked me completely seriously if we were at Animal Kingdom. When I told her no, it was the Polynesian, she said "Oh, I just kinda figured it was Animal Kingdom because of all the plants"

:hammer:

That was honestly the weirdest.

haha that one was my favorite.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
My wife was using the restroom so I parked myself at the closest bench. A young couple asked me if I could take their picture. "Absolutely" was my response. They stood there and I told them to say, "Mickey Mouse." SNAP. They thanked me. However, another couple was standing right next to me and asked me the same question. "Sure." I had nothing better to do. This one took a bit longer as they had some trouble with their older camera. After a couple of takes, we got it. I turned around and to my horror, a line of about 8 people had formed waiting for me to take their pictures:lookaroun. I said, "Sorry folks, I have other things to do." A woman looked at me all disgusted and said, "Don't you work here?"

Oh, wow, that's funny!! :lol: Sort of like holding a door for one person, then getting stuck as doorman for several minutes (that happens to me all the time).

I can't recall anyone asking me anything strange while at WDW.

CP_alum08

I can remember multiple times when i was on my CP being asked if i 'worked here'. They were days we had off but still went to the parks anyway. I can only assume people asked us because we looked like we knew what we were doing. We usually answered "well, yes...but not today" and then helped them anyway!

Being a CM, it has been instilled in me to help people in WDW. On my last trip (one which I was not a CM) I kept asking people if they wanted me to take their picture. Finally me girlfriend said something along the lines of 'you know, they have people here that do that' very sarcastically :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom