What is the plan for Innoventions East and West?

montyz81

Which Epcot stuff?

The timeframe for the central spine is completed in 3-4 years.
I am lumping all the rumors about Epcot changes into "Epcot Stuff". Just curious if there was a change by change timeline.
Energy done by 2018
Innoventions done by 2019
etc etc.

wdwgreek

Expect new names, severe internal modelling and new cosmetic exteriors. New store in the Mousegear space. Room for Starbucks to get bigger.

A modest expansion to the north west and possibly one to the north east. North west to gain an "expo" feel (not Stark) and Electric Umbrella space consolidated although the kitchen should stay the same, albeit remodelled.
I am very pleased to hear this. The heart of future world may have some hope?! Finger's Crossed

Clamman73

@marni1971 A build-out towards the Seas almost like a mimic of Innoventions East?
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 1.55.11 PM.png

Bocabear

Dining in Innoventions? I can't imagine a more boring setting in all of Epcot.
But it shouldn't have to be... it could be something futuristic and amazing...a Robot Restaurant? Molecular Gastronomy? Something mind-blowingly cool with great food too? That would be amazing...and could be much more interesting and exciting than what is in the World Showcase.

Sigmundooze

Both these are scheduled to complete by summer 2020.

Nothing until 2020?! I'm sorry but that is just pathetic.

I live in DC and the Smithsonian did the same thing with the dinosaur exhibit. closed in 2014 and reopening 2019. Why do these people not do all the planning and get all the materials needed before you close? Then it should only take a year or so.

*Q*

I'm not about to name the names or talk about the details in the north west corner that's for sure!

Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Finally rid of the 90s clutter and poor design. So far as I know this has recently been approved.

Do you think this is the type of thing that will be done piecemeal, or will we see huge swaths of the spine get walled off like the Innoventions and Millennium Celebration projects? Obviously all of Leave a Legacy will get have to get walled off to be removed, but I'm just curious how extensive the rest of the work will be.

FerretAfros

Which Epcot stuff?

The timeframe for the central spine is completed in 3-4 years.
Does the central spine include any changes for Spaceship Earth? The Siemens contract should be running up during that timeframe, right?

SSE doesn't need help as desperately as the Communicore buildings and plaza, but there are a lot of small improvements that could make a big difference. It's been nearly a decade since its last big refurbishment, so I imagine there are also elements that need to be generally refreshed as well

threvester

Expect new names, severe internal modelling and new cosmetic exteriors. New store in the Mousegear space. Room for Starbucks to get bigger.

A modest expansion to the north west and possibly one to the north east. North west to gain an "expo" feel (not Stark) and Electric Umbrella space consolidated although the kitchen should stay the same, albeit remodelled.
Please tell me Club Cool is safe._.I need me some vega-beta

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom