What is the plan for Innoventions East and West?

dreamfinder

I have no idea. But I hope so. I agree. It is a disgrace there is no in park normal QS breakfast. It was farmed out to a third party (Starbucks) to save money and is totally inadequate.

Or you have to pay through the nose. Again, a monetary consideration.

Don't they still do breakfast in France at the Patisserie? Or do you just not consider this normal since they don't have things like a bounty platter (or an equivalent)? Admittedly it's not convenient when World Showcase doesn't open for hours.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Don't they still do breakfast in France at the Patisserie? Or do you just not consider this normal since they don't have things like a bounty platter (or an equivalent)? Admittedly it's not convenient when World Showcase doesn't open for hours.
Yes, and Mexico has breakfast now as well. I agree that closing Sunshine Seasons for breakfast was a terrible move. We would eat there at least twice every trip for breakfast. Of course, we saved money, since we had breakfast in our room more often. Love those 2 bedroom villas with a full kitchen!

Virtual Toad

I don't know the exact details but it makes sense that a meet and greet would have a much lower building and operating cost than an attraction, especially a high-tech one. So if you can have a M&G that draws large crowds (like Anna and Elsa), you're increasing demand while minimizing costs, which = PROFIT.
Sorry, you beat me to it.:)

montyz81

I'm not about to name the names or talk about the details in the north west corner that's for sure!

Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Finally rid of the 90s clutter and poor design. So far as I know this has recently been approved.
What is the time frame for all this Epcot stuff? I see and hear a great deal of stuff in WDWmagic, but nothing official from TDO. Will Epcot transformation as a whole (maybe I should say from a hole) begin anytime soon? Any idea of the entire timeline for Future World?

jessfriends

Yes, and Mexico has breakfast now as well. I agree that closing Sunshine Seasons for breakfast was a terrible move. We would eat there at least twice every trip for breakfast. Of course, we saved money, since we had breakfast in our room more often. Love those 2 bedroom villas with a full kitchen!

Mexico did have breakfast for the summer but in early October it was not available so I think it is seasonal.

So happy to hear! I love breakfast there! I hope it's back for good and not just seasonal as I typically am not there when it's really busy.

Jon81uk

Mexico did have breakfast for the summer but in early October it was not available so I think it is seasonal.
I think Mexico added breakfast as the Frozen ride opens at 9am so lots of guests pass through there, unfortunately I don't think it was busy as most guests went straight to Norway so I wouldn't expect to see Mexican breakfast back.

TabulaRasa

Expect new names, severe internal modelling and new cosmetic exteriors. New store in the Mousegear space. Room for Starbucks to get bigger.

A modest expansion to the north west and possibly one to the north east. North west to gain an "expo" feel (not Stark) and Electric Umbrella space consolidated although the kitchen should stay the same, albeit remodelled.
I wonder if this is a deliberate clue hinting towards another IP for the expo. I would bet on Big Hero 6.

DinoInstitute

bhg469

I'm not about to name the names or talk about the details in the north west corner that's for sure!

Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Finally rid of the 90s clutter and poor design. So far as I know this has recently been approved.
This makes me happy and the bit about an expo feel... Perfect! That is what it should always have been

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
So, I guess when the plans Martin speaks of come to fruition, it will be the end of the Epcot I've known throughout my whole life. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. The Epcot I've known up to this point is neglected, lost, and full of bad design decisions. While the future may not recapture the glory of EPCOT Center of the 80s, it will certainly be brighter than the park's current state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom