what is the one thing in all of wdw that remind s you of walt the most

JLW11Hi

The Magic Kingdom (and all the Disneylands out there) truley has Walt's spirit shown in every land. His hometown of Marceline shows through in Main Street, his love of Frontier america is shown in Frontierland, his facination with the future and progress is Tomorrowland, and, of course, his true legacy of family entertainment and animation is shown in Fantasyland and Toontown.

But for one specific thing...I'd say the fire house or the fire engine on Main Street. Of course, Walt had an office above the firehouse in Disneyland. But another funny story is when Walt would go to Disneyland early in the morning everyday and drive the fire truck around the park.

DiSnEyKiD_4LiFe

Main Street U.S.A., the music the surroundings right when you walk into the park it just hits you!!!! WoW this is how it started, hearing the locomotive pass by. Everything in M.S.U.S.A. is so Disney.

polyman 65

Just being on property,being on the same soil as he once was.Every time on the people mover when you go past Walts vision of Epcot I feel sad that his vision was changed, Im sure If Walt where alive today you would see a very different WDW.To bad that vision died with Walt and Roy.

DisneyMan

Originally posted by murphy
For all of us who grew up with walt and those of you who continue to be inspired after his death what is the one thing that reminds you of walt the most at wdw? To me i see and feel his imagination and his heart and intelligence in everything i feel there! That feeling I get everytime i'm there always amazes me and is my favorite part of every trip!!

Well this may sound a little funny but the one thing that reminds me of Walt is Cinderella's Golden Carrousel.

Now for the why: Walt always liked to spend time with his family. In fact I would say that was one of the most important things to him in life. On the weekends more particularly on Sundays and holidays Walt and his family would venture out to theme parks around the area. On of the most favorite rides of his two daughters was a Carrousel. While Walt enjoyed the watching his daughters laugh and have fun but he did not like the shady characters that lurked around these parks nor did he like the random placement of at the time what he considered to be playground equipment…. And, not to mention the un-cleanliness of the grounds. It was the combination of all this that gave Walt his idea to create a safe place for his daughters to go and for the rest of the world to visit. Loan and behold the birth of Disney Land! If you look past all the people and the Mighty Cinderella’s Castle you see the Carrousel symbolizing the heart of both DL and MK. I feel that Cinderella's Golden Carrousel represents the very Carrousel that created so many magical memories for him and his family and he wanted to share those great memories with you and your loved ones.

That's my 2 cents worth....

-DisneyMan:sohappy:

flounder

:) Hi Everyone. . .Oh my gosh I would have to say the thing that reminds me the most about Walt Disney is the Train at the entrance to Magic Kingdom. . .this man loved trains so much that he had one running through his own personal garden where he lived. When you sit on the train and ride it you will be taken past one magical land after another. . .yep its got to be the train!
Disney Dreams all!!!!! :sohappy:

MartyMouse

One attraction that always seemed to make me think of Walt was the WED Way People Mover (now the TTA).

Reason 1 – The name WED - Walter Elias Disney - a separate company that Walt started because Roy wouldn’t give him any more money.

Reason 2 – The technology, it was (and still is) ahead of its time. Walt was always a man of the future and People Movers should be a way of our life now, but people just won’t give up their cars.:mad:

Finally –

Reason 3 – The little model of Walt’s EPCOT that the cars pass when going over Alien En … er … Stitch. As a young kid I was looking forward to the day that my city would look like that.

IROC it

I shall resurrect this thread after 6 years...

The CoP... the video in the queue of him singing the song with the composers is pure awesome. Go after dark, and watch it... listen to it.

The song will mean more to you. Then bask in the amazing and factual narrative... We're just beginning to improve life. Walt saw things decades before others dared to believe in them.

Respect the visionary... and realize that Tomorrow is what you make it.

Believe in it.

So much of what Walt saw, and did, was about being in motion. Trains, monorails, roller coaster, boat rides, carousels... all forward, all moving, and yet, reciprocal and dependent on future generations to see to it that the motion continues on.

Yep... the CoP is the one.

Hrudey3032

There are 4 things i think of when I think of Walt

While riding the TTA(or in my heart Wedway People Mover!) and seeing the prototype of Epcot model,the CoP,HoP when I see Honest Abe as that was Walts favorite Prez,and Main Street.I wonder if Walt had the same smile on his face when he walked in and saw that every time like I do!

zurgandfriend

The castle, watching the “Wonderful World of Disney’ as a child I always remember Tinker Bell flying around the castle with the “color" music in the back ground (i.e. color, the world is world of color). Of course we had a black and white TV but I imagined what the castle look like and the first time I saw it at night, as an adult, I was not disappointed it lived up to my childhood expectations.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
The Carousel of Progress and anytime I see the WDW illustrators using traditional acid free drawing paper and prismacolor pencils...nothing can compare to hand-drawn...simply classic and simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom