What is the best character meal(in the parks)?

jcat2312

What is the best character meal? My DH, DD, and I are going in September!! 148 days left!! I am starting to plan the meals for the trip, and am trying to decide which character meals are better. We are going to have breakfast with Cindy, but from there, I can't decide....

Thanks all!

tigsmom

We really liked dinner at The Liberty Tree Tavern; characters in Colonial garb, all you care to eat served family style. Very nice atmosphere. The only other character meal I've had in the parks was at MGM and its no longer there.

Have you checked out allearsnet? Deb's got a great listing of updated menus.

Its not a character meal, but we love to lunch in Restaurant Marrakesh in Moracco. I think its overlooked quite a bit (and they have a bellydancer and music).

Upvote 0

Raven66

We did Chef Mickey's and loved it. This year we are doing the Princess Storybook breakfast. We are so excited. My DD doesn't know we are going to it and she is bummed because we told her I couldn't get a PS for it. I can't wait until we see her face when she finds out. :D Now there is a chance Ariel will be there, makes it so much better because she is my daughters' favorite. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

In the parks, I have heard great things about Liberty Tree. That name always seems to come up for a great meal with good fun with characters.

My favorite meal, and it's close enough to a park to be almost IN the park, is Chef Mickey's Breakfast. The buffet is enormous and it is always a fun time inside. And you can walk between the Contemporary and MK, which is nice.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Breakfast at Crystal Palace is excellent, Evening Meal is very good at The Liberty Tree Tavern and also The Garden Grill. For a taste of England and a view of Reflections (if you're lucky) The Rose and Crown is excellent :slurp:

Upvote 0

kimrn87

jcat2312 said:
What is the best character meal? My DH, DD, and I are going in September!! 148 days left!! I am starting to plan the meals for the trip, and am trying to decide which character meals are better. We are going to have breakfast with Cindy, but from there, I can't decide....

Thanks all!

We have been to Crystal Palace (pooh was great) 1999, Chef Mickey 2002 I think we all really enjoyed that, Cinderella's breakfast 2003 (my mom & daughter), Ohana 2004 We will go back and do that again.

Upvote 0

frank4369

For me, the Pooh brekafast @ Crystal Palace, hands down. I'm a Pooh fan, so maybe I'm just a wee bit biased, but it really is a darn good breakfast.

Also, do they still have the character breakfast/lunch at Hollywood & Vine in MGM? That's pretty cool too. Good buffet and you can swing with Minnie & Goofy.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

Donald's Breakfastosaurs (sp) It is theamed like you are eating at a palentology school and the students are your waiters, for drinks. Food is a buffet.

Upvote 0

dave2822

Definetly Crystal Palace @ Main Street, MK. Great selection for all ages and tastes, Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore come to your table. Plus, what a location to have a nice lunch (never have tried the breakfast one).

I've done CP twice and am gonna do it again on my next trip. love it

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

I've done the character breakfast at Chef Mickey's numerous times and the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare 3 times. I would not recommend 1900 Park Fare because out of the three times there, only one (the first time) was good. The characters wouldn't leave us alone the first time which was fun but the second and third time, the characters ignored everybody to the point that the managers had to drag them to tables by their ears. The second time, the only character that came to us willingly was Alice. The third time, Eeyore came to us willingly and the rest had to be dragged to the table. Pooh made a 2 year old at the next table cry because he patted him on his head as he was making his way to the back of the room where the characters stayed the whole time. Chef Mickey's is the best :sohappy:

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

Chef mickey is nice because they have a good selection of food and a lot of charecters. The charecters dont seem to rush through you like at some of the other charecter meals. The food is good too(for a buffet). My little girl loves swinging the napkin when all the charecters come out and dance.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

chef mickeys is my favorite too...the characters are great and the food is fabulous!! we are going back in 18 days to chef mickeys as well...hay we also are going in sept the 9th through the 17th...having started counting yet for that one though....

Upvote 0

metman

hi my name is andy and i watch this board from the uk. i am a disney nut i have for the past 10 years follwed my hart. i have stayed at disney land paris 26 times and stayed at waly disney world 10 times. i have now bought a villa 15 mins from the front door of walt disney world and own 2 sets of disney vaction club time shares in vero and saratoga springs.

The best character breakfast in the world is in the hotel new york in disney land paris. they have a full buffet with 8 characters that walk around to all of the tables, they also allow the kids to go directly up there fav characters and interact with them. my little boy when he was 6 played for almost 1/2 hour with tigger and poor tiger ended up lead on the floor with my little boy sat on his belly. Plus if it is your birthday they go bonkers over you with all the characters at once comming over to you to wish you a happy day and every 1/2 hour they leave and a new set of 8 freinds arrive.

I have to say that i have visited a lot of walt disney restaurants and have not found this to be ever as good as this one.

But i do love all the food and the great service that florida gives and that there is 100 times more to see and do than paris.

Hope i havent up set any one but i do love all Disney Parks and our next adventure is to go to my mecca Disneyland and get married there in a few months time.

metman

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We've always liked Crystal Palace in the MK for breakfast - it's a great way to start your day in the park and you're so full afterwards that you don't even need lunch, you can just keep going! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom