Trip Report What is that?! WDW with our toddler - May 2021

Hi friends! I know I said I wasn't going back until the pandemic changes were OVERRRRR but the pull of Disney magic was too great for our family to resist, and we wanted to get a trip in while the kid was still free. We got extremely lucky that our trip fell after the mask requirements were lifted outdoors! That was a HUGE win for us.

I'm still editing my photos, but wanted to go ahead and get this going.

Who: Me, my husband (R) and our daughter (LP). For this trip we'll pretend she's not quite 2, since I didn't put a mask on her 🤫
When: May 22-26, 3 park days
Where: Art of Animation, Lion King suite

ba1c0b75-c574-4d70-9430-8d3199b6c522.JPG

She's so darn cute, even when she doesn't smile!

The title is from LP's new thing, which is asking "what is that" CONSTANTLY. Half the time I have no idea what she's asking about, but there was plenty to tell her about at WDW!

Alright back to editing pictures, can't wait to share all about our trip!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Park Day 2 - May 24

Here's a couple of photos from before nap that wouldn't upload before

Since she went down later, she woke up later, but we still left to go back to the park just a little after 3pm.

Took a few photos along the way

I super love this resort. It's SO cute!

Skyliner wait was non-existent at AoA, but a little bit of a line at the transfer. I feel like this ride takes foreeeevvvverrrr. It stopped so many times between CB and Epcot.

R kept his mask on because he said it is too much trouble taking it on and off :hilarious: ALSO the night before when he went to Epcot solo, they asked him to keep it on for the ride. So that was...interesting. I guess because if you breathe your droplets right before you get out, they'll still be in there when the next person gets in?

30 minutes later...

We decided to head over to Figment.

I think Figment was showing 15 minutes, but it was a walk on.

She was not sure what to think!

She got scared during the sound demonstration at the beginning. It is dark and loud, so makes sense. She didn't cry, just burrowed into me and hid her face. The big burst of air at the end (not the smell, past that) also scared her. But overall she liked it. She declared "I like Figment!" so we took a picture with him.

Next we headed into the Land. I was sad we didn't see characters out in that area between the two.

There was a HUGE group of people, probably 35-40 blocking up the line to Living with the Land. They were waiting for the rest of their party and preventing anyone else from getting in line. So we quite literally got stuck in the middle of them. Then the CMs at the attraction started herding them through the switchbacks. Once they got to us, they directed us over to where the rest of the line was and kept corralling the rest of the big group into a separate area. It was SUPER impressive!! I guess that happens often enough that they have procedures for it. I may have made a comment as we walked by them about how it would be smart to wait for your whole group to arrive before you hop in line....:rolleyes:

LP liked the boat! She did seem bored...as did R.

Currently listening to a podcast about palm care...so maybe I'll learn how to have my own date palms! Probably not...I can barely keep my majesty palm going. It's brown as a biscuit right now.

The CM at the end said "time to wake up!" and R burst out laughing :hilarious: I was not amused!

LP loves Bo Peep!

This would be cute if I had centered myself... couldn't get LP to take one with me!

We headed to the big blue world next!

She seemed to enjoy it but did hide her face during parts of it. I don't think she loves the dark rides! But she tolerates them. Also good grief that queue is long! It feels like doing a dang 5k.

Up next: Dinner!

Spash007

I think we're lucky she's small, so no one really questioned it. I was determined to go because we missed our trip with her last year because of the shut down! Also glad I'm not the only one with a kid that doesn't stroller nap. I was just talking about this with some friends. We all kind of followed the same sleep "training" (I did not do cry it out, just started her in her own room super early and remained consistent with that) with our kids and none of them sleep outside their bed except for occasional car naps. I think it's because we were soooo consistent with crib naps from early on. I'm fine with it because she naps so well at home, but it would be nice if I could have it both ways :hilarious:

That very well could be it. Our daughter originally napped a ton in her swing, but our son started pretty much right in his crib. Our other thought was that it's a pandemic baby thing. Our daughter was used to going in the car a ton more, and we took road trips pretty often. He on the other hand has been at home for pretty much a year, so he's just not as used to a stroller or a car seat.

Spash007

I honestly don't understand the mask mandate for toddlers. They just aren't old enough to explain to them why they have to wear them, and what toddler is going to wear one when it's hot and muggy out? Our mask mandate over here is only for 13 and up. If you are 12 or younger, you don't have to wear one. It seems much more reasonable. We also don't have to wear them outside at all, only indoors in public spaces. I think they help and they are a good thing, but you also have to be reasonable about it, and asking a 2 year old to wear a mask in Florida heat is not reasonable!

Maybe you can go again soon as it looks like some of the restrictions are being lifted?
Our state is 5 and up needs a mask, which is a bit more doable. But that really does depend on the kid. I should say it was, now it's pretty much up to the store/location. Luckily our daughter, who's 6, has been a trooper and really doesn't fight it at all.

That's the hope! Or, we get an adult trip in and have an excuse now lol

DisneyGigi

Late, as always but to be fair, I was at the beach while you guys were there!

LP is adorable! And so big, time flies, I am telling ya. :(

Always enjoy your food photos, and that Rose Slushie shrunk!!! It used to be in a Grand Marnier size cup. I agree it is wonderful but hate the cutting the size, charge the same price stuff.

I am so glad you changed your mind and went back. Can’t wait to read the rest.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Late, as always but to be fair, I was at the beach while you guys were there!

LP is adorable! And so big, time flies, I am telling ya. :(

Always enjoy your food photos, and that Rose Slushie shrunk!!! It used to be in a Grand Marnier size cup. I agree it is wonderful but hate the cutting the size, charge the same price stuff.

I am so glad you changed your mind and went back. Can’t wait to read the rest.
Right?! That slushie was tiny, but at least it's tasty.
I'm here!

But I swear LP was just an infant and you all got sick the last trip... that was like a few months ago right? Gosh the pandemic made time stand still in my mind, she's not suppose to be this big already!
Seriously the time has flown! Thanks for following along.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Park Day 2 - May 24

We chose Coral Reef for dinner this evening. R had actually mentioned wanting to try it a while back. Being involved in the Disney online community, I knew it was not known for being high quality (at least in recent years), but I still want to try as many restaurants in the World as I can. This seemed like a good trip to try it because LP might enjoy the fish.

We checked in on the app and answered all the questions and put that we needed a booster seat. Then the hostess asked if we needed a booster seat...then the person seating us asked if we needed a booster seat...then the server asked us if we needed a booster seat :hilarious: Guess they don't communicate.

LP wanted to sit in my lap and take ceiling photos anyway.

I had a Coral 'Rita. Basically just a margarita. I don't think there was anything special about it. It was good! R had a spicy poblano marg. I nursed mine most of dinner.

I never did catch the sharks or rays or turtles swimming by, but snapped a quick picture just so I'd have something to share. I'm telling y'all, I was slacking on photos this trip!

Seared Mahi Mahi​

Jasmine Rice, Coconut and Cilantro-Lime Sauce, Caribbean Shrimp Salsa

This was my dish, and it was tasty! The fish was rather bland, but I liked the sauce/salsa combination a lot.

Lp had the kids steak. She ate a few bites of meat and all the rice. She LOVES rice. And she gets it everywhere. Oops! I hope our server wasn't too mad at us.

R had veal, but I don't see it on their menu anymore. He said it was just ok. Kind of just pot roast. But he said the polenta was good.

We wrapped up dinner and headed out of the park. I had to get my beloved violet lemonade on the way out!

Tried to share with LP and she wasn't interested. I was secretly glad! ha

When we got back we got LP in the bath and her and R got settled in reading books. I headed back out to Epcot for my solo evening. I was wishing I just hadn't eaten dinner!! I wasn't sure how much I'd really be able to partake at the festival after just eating dinner. Thankfully it was a light dinner.

I know now I was supposed to be wearing my mask...I just didn't get it then! I'll do it next trip 😬

I met my friend Kristen there. Yep an internet friend :hilarious: She's great! We met because I fundraise for Give Kids the World and she's been a volunteer there for a while. I was glad to have a buddy to walk around with!

We went up to the front of the park just to take some photos! haha! Youngsters these days.

She insisted I take photos with Bo Peep and Woody. I mean, it's on-brand!

First stop was the Honey Bee-stro since everything on that menu sounded good to me.

Lavender Honey Mustard-marinated Chicken Flatbread with Whipped Honey-Ricotta Cheese, Marinated Vegetables, and Purple Haze Lavender Goat Cheese (new) – $5.75

This was good!! I didn't taste even a hint of lavender, but that's ok. I love goat cheese, so I enjoyed this, but you gotta like goat cheese to eat this! Also I couldn't finish it.

Tupelo Honey and Sweet Corn Spoon Bread with Jalapeños, Bacon, and House-made Whipped Honey Butter (Gluten/wheat-friendly) (new) – $4.75

This was SO GOOD! I devoured this. I want it now.

Kristen got the cheesecake and really liked it too!

We continued around World Showcase. I would have stopped at the Mexico booth, but it was closed. R had mentioned it was closed when he was there too, so I guess they were closing early for some reason.

R made fun of me so bad for my next food choice. But I'd seen someone post about it, and it sounded AMAZING!

It was the funnel cake booth in America!

• Mini Funnel Cake topped with Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream, Blueberries, and Powdered Sugar – $8.50
It was everything I dreamed and more! Lemon and blueberry is such a good combo. The funnel cake was not greasy at all, which is what I feared. I don't eat funnel cakes...like ever. Leftover aversion from running concessions at basketball tournaments in high school.

Anyway, it was great and R was like "you seriously got fair food when there's all these unique things to try?!" :hilarious:

This was from La Isla Fresca (same booth at that lamb/plantain dish)

Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co. Hibiscus Guavacation Sour Beer, Orlando, FL (new) – 6 oz $4.50

R had this the night before, and I thought it sounded good. It was!! We like sours around here.

I'm 99% sure this is from Northern Bloom.

Collective Arts Brewing Blackberry Fruit Beer, Hamilton, Ontario – 6 oz $4.50

I know it looks slushy, but it wasn't. Just the light being weird, I guess. I liked this! I just wanted something to sip as we headed out. We decided to walk back to the front to see if there was a photopass.

Found one!

Kristen walked all the way back to the International Gateway with me and we parted ways. In retrospect, I should have just asked if she would be willing to drive me back to the resort because that would have been much quicker!!

The line for the Skyliner was back to the Beach Club. Not all the way to the lobby, but at least to the building closest to the park. The CM said he thought it would be about 20 minutes from there. However R waited 20 minutes the previous night and his line started at that gate. So I wasn't buyin it. I just kept walking on to the Beach Club. Pulled up Lyft and ordered a ride. I chose the cheaper "wait longer" option because I honestly wasn't in a hurry. But I much preferred waiting in a nice lobby that smells amazing to waiting in the skyliner line. I think my wait for the Lyft from the time I called it to when we were pulling out of the resort was about 20 minutes, but then the ride itself was like 5. The driver was a retired guy, very friendly. He got confused dropping me off and I ended up telling me he could just pull up by the Lion King building we were near because that was closer than walking from the lobby anyway! Worked out great.

I think I was back in the room by like 10:15?

Up next: MK FINALLY!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Park Day 3 - May 25

I got up a little earlier than R & LP, so I went ahead and got ready. I knew we wouldn't be rope dropping MK at 9am, but I hoped we could at least get out the door by 8. We were close, I think it was a little after 8 when we headed out.

Watching who knows what on YouTube. We start with cocomelon and end up on some weird knock-off.

We strolled up to the bus stop about 8:15 and my jaw about hit the floor. The LINEEEEEE OMG. Thankfully they had tape on the ground to keep people in line, but it was a huge mass of people. There was a bus there loading, which we obviously wouldn't be getting on. We settled in for a long wait, and meanwhile I got a text from @Doc Disney that they were already letting people in the park.

A moment of happiness! She got restless pretty quick, so we walked around while R was in line.

The busses arrived pretty quickly, most of them motor coaches. At one point there were two busses just sitting there with like 5 cast members looking like they were waiting for something? No idea what was going on, but they finally started loading people. We got on the 6th bus after about 30 minutes. Morning transportation from AoA wasn't our friend. Other times were fine.

When we arrived, we headed down Main Street. I recorded her face as we rounded the corner and she had no reaction :hilarious: Castles aren't that impressive, I guess. I wanted to get a cute picture of her in her carousel dress from @Doc Disney, so we headed that way. She was not into taking pictures...of course. She was already getting cranky and we JUST got there.

She wanted to ride the carousel, and of course did not understand that we had to wait for it. The wait seemed like forever in the hot sun (and because she was so cranky), but I don't remember how long it really was. The guy loading people in asked if she had a face covering 😬

We put her between us. She seemed to like it! She didn't grin or anything, but as soon as it was over she wanted to go ahead (which we didn't...and she got upset)

Since we were in the area and she specifically asked for a boat ride, we walked over to Small World. It had a 10 minute wait, but jumped to 20. She basically cried the whole time. Super duper. R was about done already :hilarious: I think several things were at play: She was worn out, it seemed hotter this day, Fantasyland was a bit more crowded than we were used to from the previous days.

Once we finally got going, she was happy.

I enjoyed the ride with her! She would ask about different dolls and I would tell her which country it was, or I would point out the animals. She just seemed really engaged with it, and I loved it. I just really love all the art in this ride.

Ariel had a low wait still, so we meandered over there. It wasn't quite a walk on, but close. I ordered us Cosmic Rays while we were walking through the queue.

We kept stopping, but usually not for more than a minute. She loved this ride! We don't watch Little Mermaid that much, but she has bath toys from the movie, so she likes the characters. And @Tuvalu you'll be happy to know she waved at Ariel and Eric at the end! Actually she waved at everything...the whole time. She's too sweet!

As we were walking toward Cosmic Rays, I noticed the music change in the hub, so I walked over there. It was just Tinkerbell but we stood and watched her go by. LP has no idea who she is, but I guess she was entertained anyway.

The only picture I took of Tink :hilarious:

I have no photos of lunch, sorry. R found a nice quiet corner, then as we started eating a family with like 6 screaming children sat down right beside us. That was fun. I mean, I get it...it's just part of it, but I was a little bummed. Me and R had hamburgers and we got LP mac & cheese again. She mostly ate our fries! She doesn't eat much, and what she does eat is not varied or healthy. I still give her baby food pouches (which she loves) just so she'll get some form of veggies.

After this I mobile ordered this cookie I'd seen at Tomorrowland Terrace. It sounded good and we hadn't had anything sweet with lunch.

Minnie Mouse Chocolate Chip Lava Cookie - $4.49

This cookie had no business being this good! Maybe I was just craving something sweet, but it hit the spot. The first bit was kind of dry and disappointing, but once I got to the gooey lava part, it was GREAT! Highly recommend.

Lp took a few bites too.

It was a bit bright for her! She has sunglasses, but she doesn't really wear them. She just plays with them.

We headed out after eating our cookie and saw some characters on the train station. Moana was there! What luck! I guess since we didn't see Mickey, this was a good substitute since LP loves Moana.

We told her we love her and LP asked where Maui was. She told us he might be flying around in his hawk form. I think LP was pretty tickled to see all the characters!

Up Next: More MK after nap

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Park Day 3 - May 25

LP slept about 2 hours and we got ready to get back out

I don't recall having to wait too much for a bus. I got lazy with my notes on the last day.

As you can see, it was about 3! I need to keep taking pictures of clocks to remind me of when we got places.

Since we were fresh off a nap, I wanted to stop for a castle picture. Still no smile, but oh well!

The tiniest hint of a smile!

I happened to glance over and see the silhouette cutting place and remembered that I'd wanted to do that! I really wanted one on our last would-be trip, when she was a little over 1. Then I thought I could get one every year from then on. But I'm glad I saw it because we headed over there! The CM said it only takes about 5 minutes and there were two families ahead of us.

While we waited, the princess cavalcade came by so we watched and waved.

When it was our turn, he told me to try sitting her in my lap. She was not wanting to sit still, so I pulled up a video on my phone, which thankfully worked!

Ok so the silhouette is cute. But it's not as cute as I hoped 😬 He made her hair weirdly tall. If I think about it later, I'll grab a photo on my phone and post it. R thought it looked weird. I still have it displayed in the house anyway!

Next we headed toward Dumbo. LP was being a cranky britches already. R was getting frustrated. Ugh.

Castle makes me smile no matter what!

So right when we got to Dumbo, she wanted Goldfish, and of course we can't go in the queue with food, so I had to try to explain that she had to either eat her goldfish or ride. Not both. She wasn't getting it and just kept getting more frustrated. She finally gave R the goldfish and he just sat out the ride.

When we got to the ride, they stopped loading right at us, so we had to sit through a cycle. Obviously not a big deal unless you're 2 and you're cranky and you WANNA RIDE! :rolleyes: I'm glad she had these lessons in waiting, but it was testing my patience. I hope it's better next year! I definitely have talked more about how we're waiting our turn in everyday life.

She seemed to enjoy it!! And this was one of the five must-dos I'd decided on before the trip, so I'm glad we made it on.

We decided we'd get ice cream next. I wanted a citrus swirl, so we headed to Adventureland.

I didn't realize they had mobile order until I'd been standing in a non-moving line for like 5 minutes. I was also behind someone who sounded like she smoked 5 packs a day...since she was 15. Her voice was crazy sounding! It didn't sound like she had one of those devices you talk through, either, that was just her regular voice.

Anyway, I mobile ordered but it was going to be 15 minutes, so we walked through the treehouse (just me and LP)

Once I was able to check in for our order, it was ready quickly and I walked over there to get it.

The ice cream was melting and so was LP. She was TICKED that I wouldn't let her hold the cup. I'm sorry, but this was what...$6? I'm not letting you spill it all over the Adventureland concrete. No ma'am. I was more than willing to let her eat most of it, but with me holding it. I was even cool with her using the spoon herself. But she had an absolute fit. She doesn't do this much, so I don't have a lot of practice dealing with much more than crying and whining. Thankfully she was in her stroller, and I left her there so she couldn't like kick me or anything :hilarious:

R was losing it too, and I just told him to walk away. I don't know where he went, but whatever. I can keep my cool much easier when he isn't around. And I don't want it to sound like he is a bad dad, he's definitely not. Sometimes he's the one who is patient with her when I'm touched out! Most of the time in public though, he can't handle it.

She finally tearfully said "push me" so we set off around Adventureland for her to calm down. She still hadn't tried the ice cream, so I was just eating it while we walked. Eventually we cut through to Frontierland and I stopped to talk to her again. She seemed like she'd leveled out a little and I asked if she wanted to try some of the ice cream now, just praying it wouldn't set her off again. She tried a bite and since it was just a little left, I explained she could hold it now that it wasn't so big. She only took a couple of bites, but I'm glad she at least tried it!

We meandered through the pin store hoping I'd find a pin set I'd been looking for. They have it on ShopDisney but for one, I hate ShopDisney and two, I can't use my AP discount online. I never did find any.

We heard the music change, so I found a little spot and we sat on the ground by the stroller. I just held her and we anxiously awaited the cavalcade. It ended up being princesses again and she waved like crazy, especially at Merida (she's never even watched Brave :hilarious:)

Up next: Reunited + dinner

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Park Day 3 - May 25

Somehow R found us as we were walking out of Frontierland, and we headed to the hub. We had dinner coming up. During the meltdown, he acted like we should just leave, but I thought it would be silly to pay the cancelation fee.

Feeling better, good enough for a twirl in front of the castle!

And a fountain picture

My girl. I would say my mini, but she's clearly R's mini...

Some balloons on the way to dinner. She asked for one at one point, but she wasn't upset when I told her no. I'll get her one when she's a little older and we have a longer trip.

Our dinner was a Tony's Town Square because LP typically loves pasta. So I figured it would be a safe choice!

We checked in and were called pretty quickly. We were seated right by the Lady & The Tramp fountain, so we got to see lots of people taking pictures with it.

Being silly and cute now that she's not mad at me.

We ordered these mozzarella balls which I forgot to take a picture of until we'd eaten half of them. oops!

We ordered LP the kid's spaghetti, and one of the sides was this cupcake. She didn't eat it, but I tasted it and it was decent!

I ordered sausage pizza

It was good! Too much for one person, but I ate a decent amount.

Here's the bread that our server brought halfway through our meal :facepalm: She was TERRIBLE. Not the worst I've ever had, but noteably bad.

LP making a mess. I did get all the spaghetti out of the dress, don't worry :hilarious:

Very proud of herself.

We make this face at each other all the time. We're weird, she's gonna be weird too.

Once we finished eating and paid, which miraculously didn't take 100 years, we headed back out into the park.

Haunted Mansion had a short wait. I was hesitant, but R thought it would be fine at her age. She doesn't really act like she's scared of anything yet besides a couple of spots in dark rides so far. I guess this would be the ultimate dark ride! It was basically a walk on, which just a tiny bit of waiting in the outside part of the queue.

I FOUND THE CAMERA! I was so proud of myself. And LP waving at the ghost paintings cracks me up.

She honestly didn't seem phased by it. I kind of covered up the park with the guy trying to break out of the coffin...seemed like a little much. But other than that, I figured she doesn't know what any of this stuff is. Hopefully I didn't scar my child for life.

I was hoping Pirates would be doable since it's R's fav but the wait had been consistently 45 minutes all day, and I knew LP wouldn't do that, and R wouldn't want to either. We walked that way anyway, just in case it came down any. It didn't, so we hopped on Magic Carpets. This was a first for me!

And with that, it was time to head out. I know it doesn't seem like we did much at all, but it was a long day! It was so hot too...at least to me.

Up next: Departure day! :cry: but also ready... :hilarious:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Departure Day - May 26

Our flight wasn't until 1:30, so we had until 10:30 before Magical Express was to pick us up. Despite having all that time, we'd already mostly packed the night before since neither of us left again after we put LP down. So for the morning we mostly just relaxed, drank coffee, watched tv. LP and I did decide to go over and get a cupcake for breakfast...cause why not! It's still technically vacation!

I mobile ordered that and a cold brew. I'd gotten one of the cold brew options the day before and didn't care for it, so I tried the other one. Spoiler alert, it wasn't very good either. Oh well.

We did a little dancing along the way.

And roaring

And even some smiling!

Cookies 'n Cream Sundae Cupcake
Chocolate Cupcake topped with Cookies 'n Cream Buttercream, Rainbow Sprinkles, and Chocolate Ears

So they also have the mermaid tail cupcake, which I feel like is the one I've seen on instagram, but this one sounded way better to me! We got it back to the room and dug in, and it was indeed very good!

Our Magical Express arrived just on time and we headed to the airport. We had plenty of time, especially since we have pre-check. We even walked through the Disney store briefly at the airport, which I never do.

And that's about it!! Since LP naps at 12, our journey was a bit rocky. She didn't sleep at all, and I managed to keep her entertained in the airport. On the plane, they wouldn't let her sit in my lap, and she was really upset about it. She finally got over it, but I felt so awful! She just wanted to snuggle up, and she might have napped if I'd been able to hold her. Once we got back to Memphis, the luggage pickup was messed up. There was another flight in front of us still because the belt kept jamming. LP and I went on out to the car early on, and I was just going to swing through and pick R up, but I ended up parking in short term parking. I know it was more than a 30 minute wait for our bags cause I had to pay for said parking :facepalm: LP slept maybe 20 minutes while we waited, but that's all she got that day! We used the next couple of days to recover and rest.

Our next trip will be just me and R for my birthday! And the next time we take LP, we'll have to pay for her :cry:

TheMouseFan

Overall, looks like you guys had a great trip! I miss my kids being that age, but at the same time, I don't really miss them being that age!! I love that we can enjoy all of the attractions together now, but seeing the magic of Disney in their eyes at that age is priceless! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! Can't wait to hear about the next one!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your adult only trip. I’m sure each time you bring LP it will get easier. When my DD was young, she was pretty easy going and laid back and she napped really well in a stroller but she‘d really get out of sorts sleeping overnight somewhere other than home. Luckily I picked up on this fairly early in her life and as much as possible would limit the number of nights we’d be away from home.

kk0311

Park Day 3 - May 25

LP slept about 2 hours and we got ready to get back out

I don't recall having to wait too much for a bus. I got lazy with my notes on the last day.

As you can see, it was about 3! I need to keep taking pictures of clocks to remind me of when we got places.

Since we were fresh off a nap, I wanted to stop for a castle picture. Still no smile, but oh well!

The tiniest hint of a smile!

I happened to glance over and see the silhouette cutting place and remembered that I'd wanted to do that! I really wanted one on our last would-be trip, when she was a little over 1. Then I thought I could get one every year from then on. But I'm glad I saw it because we headed over there! The CM said it only takes about 5 minutes and there were two families ahead of us.

While we waited, the princess cavalcade came by so we watched and waved.

When it was our turn, he told me to try sitting her in my lap. She was not wanting to sit still, so I pulled up a video on my phone, which thankfully worked!

Ok so the silhouette is cute. But it's not as cute as I hoped 😬 He made her hair weirdly tall. If I think about it later, I'll grab a photo on my phone and post it. R thought it looked weird. I still have it displayed in the house anyway!

Next we headed toward Dumbo. LP was being a cranky britches already. R was getting frustrated. Ugh.

Castle makes me smile no matter what!

So right when we got to Dumbo, she wanted Goldfish, and of course we can't go in the queue with food, so I had to try to explain that she had to either eat her goldfish or ride. Not both. She wasn't getting it and just kept getting more frustrated. She finally gave R the goldfish and he just sat out the ride.

When we got to the ride, they stopped loading right at us, so we had to sit through a cycle. Obviously not a big deal unless you're 2 and you're cranky and you WANNA RIDE! :rolleyes: I'm glad she had these lessons in waiting, but it was testing my patience. I hope it's better next year! I definitely have talked more about how we're waiting our turn in everyday life.

She seemed to enjoy it!! And this was one of the five must-dos I'd decided on before the trip, so I'm glad we made it on.

We decided we'd get ice cream next. I wanted a citrus swirl, so we headed to Adventureland.

I didn't realize they had mobile order until I'd been standing in a non-moving line for like 5 minutes. I was also behind someone who sounded like she smoked 5 packs a day...since she was 15. Her voice was crazy sounding! It didn't sound like she had one of those devices you talk through, either, that was just her regular voice.

Anyway, I mobile ordered but it was going to be 15 minutes, so we walked through the treehouse (just me and LP)

Once I was able to check in for our order, it was ready quickly and I walked over there to get it.

The ice cream was melting and so was LP. She was TICKED that I wouldn't let her hold the cup. I'm sorry, but this was what...$6? I'm not letting you spill it all over the Adventureland concrete. No ma'am. I was more than willing to let her eat most of it, but with me holding it. I was even cool with her using the spoon herself. But she had an absolute fit. She doesn't do this much, so I don't have a lot of practice dealing with much more than crying and whining. Thankfully she was in her stroller, and I left her there so she couldn't like kick me or anything :hilarious:

R was losing it too, and I just told him to walk away. I don't know where he went, but whatever. I can keep my cool much easier when he isn't around. And I don't want it to sound like he is a bad dad, he's definitely not. Sometimes he's the one who is patient with her when I'm touched out! Most of the time in public though, he can't handle it.

She finally tearfully said "push me" so we set off around Adventureland for her to calm down. She still hadn't tried the ice cream, so I was just eating it while we walked. Eventually we cut through to Frontierland and I stopped to talk to her again. She seemed like she'd leveled out a little and I asked if she wanted to try some of the ice cream now, just praying it wouldn't set her off again. She tried a bite and since it was just a little left, I explained she could hold it now that it wasn't so big. She only took a couple of bites, but I'm glad she at least tried it!

We meandered through the pin store hoping I'd find a pin set I'd been looking for. They have it on ShopDisney but for one, I hate ShopDisney and two, I can't use my AP discount online. I never did find any.

We heard the music change, so I found a little spot and we sat on the ground by the stroller. I just held her and we anxiously awaited the cavalcade. It ended up being princesses again and she waved like crazy, especially at Merida (she's never even watched Brave :hilarious:)

Up next: Reunited + dinner
I think R is a great Dad. He as already learned his limits and knows if he sticks around things may get worse. Great report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom