What is that dirt section at SSR?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Calling it now. Even if this thread hits 50 pages, you win for best line!
I agree. Hydrodynamicaly challenged people should not be bullied about their water retention.

I dunno. I quite like the phrase "Hydrodynamically challenged". Speaking of Canadians and South Park, I always got a kick out of the fact that when speaking, Canadians always have the top of the head completely separate from the bottom. I'm assuming this is still the case. It has been years since I watched the show.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I dunno. I quite like the phrase "Hydrodynamically challenged". Speaking of Canadians and South Park, I always got a kick out of the fact that when speaking, Canadians always have the top of the head completely separate from the bottom. I'm assuming this is still the case. It has been years since I watched the show.
It is still done that way.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
As the lone voice of maturity in this mob of inanity , may I remind you of the recent request made by the ruler of this little interwebz universe -

Let's keep this thread on subject.

Sam_Eagle.JPG

Really, I just look for excuses to post images of Sam. "A salute to all nations, but mostly America" will always make me laugh.

ABQ

That pond only appears to have an 8" pipe feeding in to it. It's not feasible to totally empty the aquarium because it contains animals. Even if only 1/4 of it was drained in an emergency, the velocity of the water would be 150 ft/second and it would still take an hour for the draining to occur.
I certainly didn't measure the pipe while I was out there, and will never claim to be any sort of expert in fluid dynamics, can only tell you what they told us. Can't see at all while they'd misinform us, but certainly they, themselves may have been misinformed. Certainly its proximity to the pavilion makes sense for its use to be water containment, but I could be wrong.

WDW Monorail

I certainly didn't measure the pipe while I was out there, and will never claim to be any sort of expert in fluid dynamics, can only tell you what they told us. Can't see at all while they'd misinform us, but certainly they, themselves may have been misinformed. Certainly its proximity to the pavilion makes sense for its use to be water containment, but I could be wrong.

No you're not wrong. That is the purpose for it but it is not very effective.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That pond only appears to have an 8" pipe feeding in to it. It's not feasible to totally empty the aquarium because it contains animals. Even if only 1/4 of it was drained in an emergency, the velocity of the water would be 150 ft/second and it would still take an hour for the draining to occur.
Put another way, it was designed as an alternative to the doomsday scenario of a window failing within the pavilion, to either limit or mitigate an uncontrolled flooding of Seabase, the ride, Coral Reef or VIP suite.

More take the pressure off the cracking window and deal with the potential backlash of dead animals later.

PeterAlt

Put another way, it was designed as an alternative to the doomsday scenario of a window failing within the pavilion, to either limit or mitigate an uncontrolled flooding of Seabase, the ride, Coral Reef or VIP suite.

More take the pressure off the cracking window and deal with the potential backlash of dead animals later.
Is it true that Jaws 3D scared the Disney engineers working on Living a Seas at the time to redesign the windows, strengthening and thickening the glass and support materials? Or that movie inspired them to be extra careful on the safety of the window while it was in the middle of the design process.

WDW Monorail

I guess they determined one pipe of that size was sufficient for the job. Unless there are others that have an outlet in the canal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom