What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

Voxel

President of Progress City
But the Street LOVED Enron, And Bernie Madoff was Chairman of NASDAQ, Tells you all you need to know about the so-called 'investors' on Wall St.
Moral of story the street sucks but when your CEO wants to please them the guest and parks loose.
I haven't done a poll, but I would think that most people think Transformers has an adequate amount of action.

Conventional wisdom puts WWoHP between books 4 and 5.
I read each of those books 20 times and to be honest I enjoyed it for what it was I didn't have to put the ride to a time span. But even between those two while make te most sense they are still not matching perfectly. Hence why I put it outside the stories in au almost. I mean it's magic it doesn't have to make sense

Skibum1970

Conventional wisdom and recent evidence points to nothing major between Mine Train and Avatar. Maybe we'll get a cantina in DHS and/or an indoor Jedi Training location, but that's about it, and I wouldn't call either or both of them put together major.

This is my worry. Disneyland Paris has a "Star Wars" area that is mainly a new restaurant with Star Tours lumped in. I would hope that DHS gets what some have reported with a few new rides, including one major ride. However, I wish that it wouldn't be limited to just Star Wars. I would prefer more of a LucasLand to include Star Wars and Indiana Jones. That would provide plenty of fodder for new ride ideas.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No offense, but none if this is true. You just sound mad.

Someone may be able to argue his second paragraph, but the first is spot on. Uni has gotten this un-deserved reputation as a thrill park. I am not a thrill ride fan, I won't ride a coaster more intense then Big Thunder Mountain (and even that pushes the limit for me), going to a Six Flags park would be a waste for me, yet I love Uni. Last time I was there I spent 2 1/2 days between the two parks and still didn't see everything I wanted to see.

Oh, and starting a post with "No offense" doesn't make it ok to insult the person in the same post.

SJN1279

I am intimately aware of the story of HP and it still barely makes any sense how you go from being in the astronomy tower to the forbidden forrest to the quidditch pitch ---why dementors happen to be there when they were only present in the 3rd book and the ride clearly takes place after those events --- how you somehow get from the pitch to the chamber of secrets and finally why everyone is applauding you at the end. The ride is a bunch of fun, extremely technically advanced, and high quality....but it doesn't make much sense at all - thats just how Universal likes to structure the story, or lack thereof, of their attractions these days. Simpsons and Transformers have the same issues though I will admit I am less familiar with both of those Universes.

I agree that Transformers storyline is virtually non-existent, but I think The Simpsons ride has a complete story(from pre-show to climax).

GLaDOS

That's my #1 complaint with the it as well, but compared to Transformers the story still makes a heck of a lot more sense. 5 minutes of non-stop gunfire and being tossed from machine to machine doesn't exactly make a story either.

Who cares? Transformers is not a story. It is an experience. Story is simple: Keep the All Spark away from the Decepticons. That's it. Not sure why a ride has to have a War and Piece style narrative to be any good.

What is everyone's obsession about narrative about? I don't go to a theme park for narratives. I go to theme parks for experiences.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Moral of story the street sucks but when your CEO wants to please them the guest and parks loose.

I read each of those books 20 times and to be honest I enjoyed it for what it was I didn't have to put the ride to a time span. But even between those two while make te most sense they are still not matching perfectly. Hence why I put it outside the stories in au almost. I mean it's magic it doesn't have to make sense

On 1 - Great summation, On 2 - Agree with AU I don't think its possible to express the HP universe as richly as the books and movies did in a ride lasting a few minutes.

Disneyfann

I have been very, very quiet on these blogs so far, in general. I just have one question to ask, what do the so called "imagineers" do? they are insulting. What is TDO doing? Who do they think they are? I cant even express my disgust at the lack of new entertainment, attractions, events and opportunities for park visitors. I am a 16 y/o AP of 4 and 1/2 years, and I don't feel a need to renew my annual pass, being that I have to pay for my own pass. My family is looking at Universal for the next year, for they are going straight up, and disney is plummeting. I wish it was different but its true.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have been very, very quiet on these blogs so far, in general. I just have one question to ask, what do the so called "imagineers" do? they are insulting. What is TDO doing? Who do they think they are? I cant even express my disgust at the lack of new entertainment, attractions, events and opportunities for park visitors. I am a 16 y/o AP of 4 and 1/2 years, and I don't feel a need to renew my annual pass, being that I have to pay for my own pass. My family is looking at Universal for the next year, for they are going straight up, and disney is plummeting. I wish it was different but its true.

I wouldn't blame the imagineers for these issues, they are at the mercy of management who holds the purse strings. I am sure they would like nothing more to develop the best possible cutting edge attractions but in the end it all comes down to money.

Buck

Original Poster

Lol.

PhotoDave219

Obviously we'll see a nighttime spectacular at DAK, but are there any other attractions likely to happen in this period if time? Please spare us the restroom jokes.

Monsters Inc ride at DHS?
Tangled show?
Star Wars phase 1?
JII revamp?

To reitterate what others have said, based on the previous ten years of behavior and the talk on the financial conference calls, Nothing seems to be the biggest bet beyond already announced projects - Poly DVC, Disney Springs, Shanghai Disneyland.... Star Wars may be announced but seeing it built before I turn 50 seems unlikely.

jmb2676

Exactly. As a grown man with no kids, I admit to feeling incredibly awkward in Fantasyland, it's just so geared towards a different audience now. Yet in Disneyland I had zero issues waiting in line for any of the dark rides. I admit I shouldn't feel any sort of way and just enjoy the attraction but it's overrun with kids and WDW caters to it. Why? Because parents will always spend the money on their kids over themselves in most cases, hence the lack of substance for adults. Disney did used to be about giving EVERYONE something to do. Stitch replacing Alien Encounter just sums it all up to me in that regard. Everything feels so dumbed down.
Agreed. We really enjoyed our time in Fantasyland at Disneyland. At WDW I can't wait to get out of there and actively try to avoid even walking through. If it wasn't for my 4 yr old niece, I would probably never set foot in Fantasyland.

BryceM

Does Transformers need a super strong, in depth storyline? I don't think so. I think the easy to follow story works well because the action is so strong and the animation is so realistic. If there was a super involved storyline, then I think it would actually take away from the ride experience itself. All I know is that when the EVAC first started speeding on the street, or when Optimus Prime crouched down to your vehicle, my breath was taken away.

Transformers is one of the best rides in Orlando, in my opinion and has helped to make Universal Studios have one of the strongest attraction line ups. Any park with Revenge of Mummy, Men In Black: Alien Attack, Transformers or even E.T. Adventure and T2:3D is a pretty darn good park. And soon it's going to have Gringotts? Amazing.

Disneyhead'71

Very astute. I see promise in you, young one. And to answer your question as to what Imagineers do?

photo_TDS_MH.jpg

The real question is what does TDO do?

3790872960_40930c64c0_b.jpg

Last edited:

BryceM

DAK has the bones to grow into a great park. All it will take is about a billion in protein shake. Pandora and the night time pretty lights show will get it about half way there.
It has the potential to be one of the greatest Disney parks, it just has way to many flaws. Like you said, Pandora is a step in the right direction. I would love to see them add another continent, particularly South America. But first, they need to flesh out the current lands that they have. And maybe completely demolish DinoRama?

(I wish)

Disneyhead'71

It has the potential to be one of the greatest Disney parks, it just has way to many flaws. Like you said, Pandora is a step in the right direction. I would love to see them add another continent, particularly South America. But first, they need to flesh out the current lands that they have. And maybe completely demolish DinoRama?

(I wish)
DinoRama would be better as an Executive Parking Lot!

Bairstow

Does Transformers need a super strong, in depth storyline? I don't think so. I think the easy to follow story works well because the action is so strong and the animation is so realistic. If there was a super involved storyline, then I think it would actually take away from the ride experience itself. All I know is that when the EVAC first started speeding on the street, or when Optimus Prime crouched down to your vehicle, my breath was taken away.

It's not that the story for the attraction lacks depth, it's that the action is so frantic that it's hard to follow.
For the events the rider is seeing to have any impact, the rider needs to be able to understand what's going on enough to know:
1.) What's happening
2.) Am I in danger?
3.) Is someone or something else in danger?
4.) Should I care?

If the viewer/rider can't figure these things out, there's no way to be invested in the events of the attraction, either on an emotional or even primal level. If it's just a bunch of nonstop noise and motion (like the films the ride is based on) most of the action is wasted energy and actually detracts from the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom