What is Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I'm going to go with the truth. I never laughed at a Mickey Mouse cartoon before the new ones. I enjoyed watching them, they were cute, the artwork was amazing, I've wondered at the innovation and imagination, but no, I didn't laugh. That's not the story I'm going with, it's the truth.
I've laughed at the Goofy cartoons, but not the Mickey's.
Humor is individual, and "Ever? Really? That's the story you wana go with?" is a rude to type, it's not like I'm sitting across from a police officer at an interrogation table. There is no story, just my experience and my taste in humor.
I've laughed like hell a Bugs Bunny cartoons.
The new Mickey Mouse cartoons make me laugh.
Fair enough. I just have never meet a person who have never laughed at Steam Boat Willie before.

Tanna Eros

Fair enough. I just have never meet a person who have never laughed at Steam Boat Willie before.
I just watched Steamboat Willie to be sure. I get caught up in the fact of hand inked drawings, the motion, the execution, and I think that's my Achille's heel. I look at it like a Fred Astaire dance sequence and not a funny cartoon.
The older, softer Mickey cartoons are amazing achievements for the tech they had.

Raineman

A bad decision will always be a bad decision.

The same ride will be an expansion for Mickey's ToonTown in California. Getting rid of GMR was never the only option, or even the best.
I liked TGMR just as much as most people, and was disappointed to see it go. But pining for it 2 years after the fact doesn't do anyone any good, and refusing to even experience the replacement attraction even once is a bit close minded, IMO. And, let's face it, for the most part, TGMR was a walk-on attraction for the last stretch of it's existence, and you know Disney is not going to keep an attraction around if that's the case over a sustained period. I loved Horizons at Epcot, probably my favorite attraction there during my first WDW visit, but, from all reports, it suffered from low ridership at the end, which I am sure was part of the impetus of it's demise. Would I be disappointed or angry if they replaced HM or POTC? Absolutely. Would I refuse to ride their replacement? No.

TabulaRasa

I liked TGMR just as much as most people, and was disappointed to see it go. But pining for it 2 years after the fact doesn't do anyone any good, and refusing to even experience the replacement attraction even once is a bit close minded, IMO. And, let's face it, for the most part, TGMR was a walk-on attraction for the last stretch of it's existence, and you know Disney is not going to keep an attraction around if that's the case over a sustained period. I loved Horizons at Epcot, probably my favorite attraction there during my first WDW visit, but, from all reports, it suffered from low ridership at the end, which I am sure was part of the impetus of it's demise. Would I be disappointed or angry if they replaced HM or POTC? Absolutely. Would I refuse to ride their replacement? No.
It was an expensive attraction to run, and it was expensive to give it a proper refurbishment. That’s why it closed. Had Disney done regular upkeep of the attraction, it would have been just as great as in its heyday. It was hardly ever walk-on.

FettFan

A bad decision will always be a bad decision.

The same ride will be an expansion for Mickey's ToonTown in California. Getting rid of GMR was never the only option, or even the best.

Aye. I would have loved to see the GMR turn into a new adventure, especially now that Disney owns Fox and has access to their entire film library, a number of which Disney was already paying for the rights for as they were featured in the GMR's closing montage.

tyujnQl6topN3O9lPnGMpzGsYQM.jpg
459fPVvI4lkEV0piSfcq0irKHi8.jpg
6pyN7udgYaGr6uNIP2MuLUcqmPh.jpg
ggVVcXvlLqFOK6lEkD8G2aDarDb.jpg

joanna71985

That’ll show ‘em! 😉

Good thing I could care less who "they" are

Apparently, the grieving process for TGMR has not ended yet for some people, despite the fact that it's been more than long enough to get over it.

Nope, not nearly long enough (especially as the replacement ride looks like rubbish)

One less person fighting for FP! Woohoo!

hey, you can have all of them. That is the last thing to waste a FP on

Raineman

Nope, not nearly long enough (especially as the replacement ride looks like rubbish)
There has been very little made public about the new attraction, other than a few artists' renderings and the ride vehicle at D23. Kinda hard to pass an initial judgment on an attraction based on such little information, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom