What is Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I mean, I know it is a new attraction replacing the beloved (by many) Great Movie Ride, and I have read what I can find online about it, but I still don’t really know what it is.

I’m assuming it’s not even close to a thrill ride? Is it a simulator ride? Is it a slow moving ride, ala PotC, Navi River, etc.?

Just trying to get a feel for what can be expected. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Smiley/OCD

I mean, I know it is a new attraction replacing the beloved (by many) Great Movie Ride, and I have read what I can find online about it, but I still don’t really know what it is.

I’m assuming it’s not even close to a thrill ride? Is it a simulator ride? Is it a slow moving ride, ala PotC, Navi River, etc.?

Just trying to get a feel for what can be expected. Thanks in advance for any insight!
If I'm not mistaken (and if I am, I apologize), I believe the ride is supposed to use the same ride system that was there for TGMR with a combo of AA's, animation and interaction with the CM's like the old ride.

Tanna Eros

From what I've been led to understand, Mickey and Minnie are on their way to a picnic, and drive along side Goofy, who is engineering a train. They try to tell him something is wrong with the train, then, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and the train all go into a tunnel.
After the tunnel, the train cars all split apart for the guest's trackless carts to go through parts of the cartoon "A Perfect Picnic".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

If I'm not mistaken (and if I am, I apologize), I believe the ride is supposed to use the same ride system that was there for TGMR with a combo of AA's, animation and interaction with the CM's like the old ride.
Nooooo!

Are you familiar with Ratatouille, Mystic Manor or Poohs Honey Hunt? If not have a look at YouTube. That’s the premise of the ride system. Add lots of screens that have depth and a few surprises.

Walt Disney1955

I loved the Great Movie Ride. It was sadly underrated. I don't know where else you can have a dark ride that re-enacts old movie scenes with animatronics. I thought it was unique, but whatever.

This ride seems like it will be good. At least it is going back to its roots. How much more old school can you get than a ride with Mickey and Minnie? I honestly am shocked this concept never happened before.

FettFan

Eh, I’m going to hold judgment until I actually experience it.

I don't call it a travesty for the reason you may think.

Here's why:

magic-of-disney-animation-gallery00.jpg

full

Where better to put a Mickey-themed ride than in the former animation building?

And why not kill Launch Bay, given that Star Wars will soon encapsulate about 1/4th of the entire park?

EDIT - Also, the new "John K" style of grotesquely drawing Mickey and the gang is just the worst.
mickey-shorts-disneychannel-1280x600.jpg

Tanna Eros

Nooooo!

Are you familiar with Ratatouille, Mystic Manor or Poohs Honey Hunt? If not have a look at YouTube. That’s the premise of the ride system. Add lots of screens that have depth and a few surprises.
That must be the alleged 2and1/2D the presenters spoke about.
I love the new Mickeys. This is the first series of Mickey cartoons that made me laugh.

Tanna Eros

So you nwver laughed at a Mickey Mouse cartoon before? Ever? Really? That's the story you wana go with?
I'm going to go with the truth. I never laughed at a Mickey Mouse cartoon before the new ones. I enjoyed watching them, they were cute, the artwork was amazing, I've wondered at the innovation and imagination, but no, I didn't laugh. That's not the story I'm going with, it's the truth.
I've laughed at the Goofy cartoons, but not the Mickey's.
Humor is individual, and "Ever? Really? That's the story you wana go with?" is a rude to type, it's not like I'm sitting across from a police officer at an interrogation table. There is no story, just my experience and my taste in humor.
I've laughed like hell a Bugs Bunny cartoons.
The new Mickey Mouse cartoons make me laugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom