What is it with people complaining on the boards so much about CM's?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Am I the ONLY one who has notices the boards getting more and more complaints about rude CM's...

It's not that I don't care... but no one can do a thing about it. If you have a problem, write a letter to guest relations... let them deal with it. Justice WILL be served (I am a perfect example... however, in my case the accusations were false).

There... @#$%@!%# enough venting. This is just getting ANNOYING. With 55,000+ CM's.. you can't get perfection. Not with current Disney Management and 'the Union Over the Guest' attitude of most CM's.

*puts on Nomex suit*

MouseMadness

*crosses fingers that this will be enough to stop it* :lol:

I wholeheartedly agree, Rob! :wave: While this is a discussion board, the rude cm threads are getting soooooooo tired.

bamboo7

just for a change, why dont we try focusing on excellent CMs. the ones that went out of your way to make your time in WDW magical. anyone have stories?

Steamboat_Kevin

:sohappy: THANK YOU ROB!
And good idea Dan!
Well, when we went to Epcot with my handicapped sister, every CM went out of their way to be nice to her, I'm sure, even though she can't talk very well, she had a wonderful time!!! :)

MouseMadness

Originally posted by bamboo7
just for a change, why dont we try focusing on excellent CMs. the ones that went out of your way to make your time in WDW magical. anyone have stories?

Not like some I've heard... just the run of the mill happiest people on the planet stories, lol. I am particularly fond of the tall, bald waiter with glasses at cinderella's castle, if he's still there. :)

Legacy

I was noticing that too, Rob. Eh... I think it's kinda funny. The boards always hit runs where every other thread is rehashing the same complaints and accusations.

Oh well...

Let's start venting about Six Flags and then nobody will be complaining about Disney. I say we cure the problem by bringing something worse to mind.

General Grizz

Good side: Disney might get the hint and hire better CMs. :lol:

Cons: Negative.

I guess with one person started it, others wanted to express their opinions.

Ah well. Never fun.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Good side: Disney might get the hint and hire better CMs. :lol:

Grizz.. I don't think Disney would undergo the expense required to get 55,000+ competent CM's.. I think they'll settle with the 5000 or so they have. Then again, I don't think there are 55,000 competent people on earth. I have little faith in the human race...

bamboo7

Originally posted by mkt
Grizz.. I don't think Disney would undergo the expense required to get 55,000+ competent CM's.. I think they'll settle with the 5000 or so they have. Then again, I don't think there are 55,000 competent people on earth. I have little faith in the human race...

5,000 competent cms? i'd like to think that its more like 5000 outstanding cms, a lot of acceptable cms, and a pile of bad one.

when you need 55,000 people to run your business in one town, you cant be that picky, unfortunetly. its just not possible, considering the demand.

General Grizz

Originally posted by mkt

Oh yeah, I understand. I wish! But I'm trying to be very un-negative on account of my recent cons (vs. pros) posts. :lol:

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by bamboo7
5,000 competent cms? i'd like to think that its more like 5000 outstanding cms, a lot of acceptable cms, and a pile of bad one.

when you need 55,000 people to run your business in one town, you cant be that picky, unfortunetly. its just not possible, considering the demand.

that's what I meant Dan.. danke. I still have little faith.. but that can be changed

tiggerlover1971

AMEN !!!! I am so lucky so far to have had great experiences with great CM'S this last weekend I even had two great experiences One when we checked in and asked if we can extend our stay to Sunday and he gladly helped us . the second one technically wasnt a total cm he is a friend it was Invero but he helped us too !!!!

The Mom

Premium Member
I was especially pleased with the CM busdriver who led us in Christmas carols on the way to MK. (Even though I know it's against the rules. However, I appreciate it when a CM bends a rule for my enjoyment, but would never EXPECT it to happen again, and would certainly never consider someone rude who didn't accomodate me. ;) )

Irrawaddy Erik

The perforation of :mad: faces on the boards makes me not read most of the threads. I just love how mad some people get over the littlest things on vacation. Isn’t the vacation there to relax then just have fun and don’t worry about anything. If something goes sour oh well. I know it’s tough sometimes to accept that your own experience might not be perfect but just look at the things that went right.

Count your blessings at least your in WDW.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I think its good people vent about poor CM's, it makes this place seem more balanced. We all know there is a few bad apples out there, and once in awhile... its eye opening to hear about the not so good experiences.

After all... if all we told was sugary sweet goody two shoes CM's stories... that would get old after awhile as well.

*shrug* :wave:

MouseMadness

Originally posted by DMC-12
I think its good people vent about poor CM's, it makes this place seem more balanced. We all know there is a few bad apples out there, and once in awhile... its eye opening to hear about the not so good experiences.

After all... if all we told was sugary sweet goody two shoes CM's stories... that would get old after awhile as well.

*shrug* :wave:

Oh, Ebeneezer, you've got some spirits waiting to visit you! :lookaroun :p

jmarc63

Originally posted by mkt
Am I the ONLY one who has notices the boards getting more and more complaints about rude CM's...

It's not that I don't care... but no one can do a thing about it. If you have a problem, write a letter to guest relations... let them deal with it. Justice WILL be served (I am a perfect example... however, in my case the accusations were false).

There... @#$%@!%# enough venting. This is just getting ANNOYING. With 55,000+ CM's.. you can't get perfection. Not with current Disney Management and 'the Union Over the Guest' attitude of most CM's.

*puts on Nomex suit*

I know how corporations love to ignore thge little guy with a legitimate problem but IMO the problem gets too much distance if you wait and write a letter to burbank after your trip. My suggestion is if you not shy, is to ask for there supervisior or team leader to duscuss the problem if that gets nowhere go to there supervisor. If they do decide to handel the issue with you make sure to get dated times and especially names and resopnsibility and make note of them to follow up on the matter such as an apology or other compensation. No I'm not going to complain at every questionable look, but id there are CM that are delibertly rude , either due to a lack of charater that sliped by the screening prosses or someone having a bad day should mot be out with the guests, and maybe there better suited to work backstage or else where. remember the squeky wheele gets the grease

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom