What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

vfxpro

DisneyJedi said:
Unfortunately some people still use dialup (probably not all by choice) and their slow connection bottles up all the queues. If the servers wanted to cater to broadband folks, they could impose a minimum file transfer speed limit that would prevent people with slow connections (like dialup) from downloading the media. That'd be harsh and since we're all about sharing, I don't think any server in #disney-central is going to enable a minimum speed limit. You could always private message the server and request they increase the number of queues they have slotted for files. If there are more people wanting to serve, I can possibly help set them up (the hard part for most is opening the right ports on their router to allow sending files.. easier on some routers than others)

Hey there, I'm on #Disney-Central all the time.. I am, much like everyone else, a wdw freak. I have tons and tons of files to share. I also have a library of over 90 hours of Digital8 footage I have shot at WDW over the last couple decades.. PLEASE help me setup an fserve. (Im not dialup I have an 8.0 Megabit connection)

mkepcotmgmak

vfxpro said:
Hey there, I'm on #Disney-Central all the time.. I am, much like everyone else, a wdw freak. I have tons and tons of files to share. I also have a library of over 90 hours of Digital8 footage I have shot at WDW over the last couple decades.. PLEASE help me setup an fserve. (Im not dialup I have an 8.0 Megabit connection)

for the love of pete, someone get this kid an fserve! :lol: :wave:

mrtoad

I was just getting some stuff together to upload and I realized some of it was in a folder on my external drive that got corrupted and I now can't find my CDs. :cry:

Does anyone have the following soundtracks they can upload:
Lion King
Lion King on Broadway
Rythm of the Pridelands
Little Mermaid

If you do, I would love it. I am sure afterwards I will find the originals. We still have stuff packed away since we moved into our new house (3 years ago..) lol

Thanks,
Mike

tigger248

mrtoad said:
I was just getting some stuff together to upload and I realized some of it was in a folder on my external drive that got corrupted and I now can't find my CDs. :cry:

Lion King
Lion King on Broadway
Rythm of the Pridelands
Little Mermaid

If you do, I would love it. I am sure afterwards I will find the originals. We still have stuff packed away since we moved into our new house (3 years ago..) lol

Thanks,
Mike

I have Lion King, Lion King on Broadway, and Little Mermaid on CD. What do I need to do to help? (keep in mind, I'm a bit technologically challenged).

mrtoad

tigger248 said:
I have Lion King, Lion King on Broadway, and Little Mermaid on CD. What do I need to do to help? (keep in mind, I'm a bit technologically challenged).

That would be awesome. Send a PM to Dolbyman (he is on this thread a few people back). He will tell you what to do.

That is awesome, thanks so much. I hate losing stuff... :hammer:

I am getting ready to upload a bunch of soundtracks and various other Disney stuff.

tigger248

mrtoad said:
That would be awesome. Send a PM to Dolbyman (he is on this thread a few people back). He will tell you what to do.

That is awesome, thanks so much. I hate losing stuff... :hammer:

I am getting ready to upload a bunch of soundtracks and various other Disney stuff.

Not a problem at all. I sent the pm, so as soon as I know something I'll let you know.

mrtoad

Divx

Can the Divx movies be burned to DVD for TV viewing? If so do they look good and how do you do that? I have Nero for burning.

Thanks,
Mike

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Should burn fine. Divx is an AVI format, which converts easily to MPEG 2. You need to check your Nero will burn MPEG2 - not MPEG1 - for DVD`s. If not you have to buy a (cheap) MPEG2 licence.

mrtoad

marni1971 said:
Should burn fine. Divx is an AVI format, which converts easily to MPEG 2. You need to check your Nero will burn MPEG2 - not MPEG1 - for DVD`s. If not you have to buy a (cheap) MPEG2 licence.

OK, thanks. I am grabbing one now and will try it. I will let you know how I do.

WDWScottieBoy

Alright all, I got my servers started, but you can't get into them. I don't know what to do, and am thinking that it's the firewall at the school.

If someone can help me going, I'd love to start sharing again! :wave:

Irrawaddy Erik

mrtoad said:

Lion King
Lion King on Broadway
Rythm of the Pridelands
Little Mermaid

Thanks,
Mike

I have Lion King, Lion King on Broadway, and Rythm of the Pridelands

Just let me know if you need anything.

mrtoad

Music Question

I posted this in a different thread but then thought that this might be a better place. If not I am sorry.

I had downloaded 2 albums off of DC that I think are fantastic. They were Wish Upon a Star Volumes 1 and 2. Number 1 is just piano instrumentals of Disney songs. Number 2 is more a jazzy instrumental CD with piano and othe instruments.

If anyone knows these CDs and can recommend any others that are similar I would love it. Every year we have a birthday party for my daughter and my sister's two daughters as they were all born in the same month. We switch every other year on who throws the party and this is our year. I would love to have this style of music playing durring the party but 2 albums will not be enough.

So if anyone has any recommendations of similar stuff or any other Disney stuff that is not the typical album soundtrack, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Mike

mrtoad

I once in a while get a message about no camping and I will be disconnected and never am. It only happens after I have sent someone a message and was waiting for a response from them.

What would cause that?

Thanks,
Mike

tubaguy3

I have a Mac and have downloaded Conversation. I have made it as far as Disney-Central, but I don't know what to do from there. I've typed !list and I get private servers. But i'm lost from there. Completely new to MIRC.

dolbyman

it's quite easy to navigate ...

the servers show you their triggers :
!video
!Dolby
and so on ..

type one of them in your chatwindow (where you typed !list)

you will get a chatwindow with the server

from here on the navigation is like in a console (dos/linux)
dir (list of files and directorys)
cd <directoryname> (enter directory)
cd .. (leave directory)
get <filename> queue/download the file

for detailed command lists type help in the servers

mrtoad

Does anyone know where I can purchase the download of "When She Loved Me" from the Toy Story 2 Soundtrack? There are 4 songs I want to purchase from iTunes from the album as I don't want the whole thing. I was going to purchase

When She Loved Me
Woody's Roundup
and both versions of You've Got a Friend in Me

But for whatever reason When She Loved Me is only available on iTunes if you buy the whole album the other songs you can download and pay for each one.

If there is somewhere to download and purchase that one song I would then get the others as well but if I can't then I will buy the whole album but would prefer to only pay for the 4 songs rather than for the whole deal.

Anyone know where to do that if at all?

Thanks,
Mike

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom