What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know SirLamer changed over to a better torrent system - possibky the problem at your end (others say the new system is better and works okay)

mojolu

hey there

hey .. i was wondering if u could help me out with something.. :hammer:

i've been usuing mIRC for a while and i know my way around... i used to be able to get into every server... especially nigel's servers... then i had to reformatt my computer and now when i reinstalled the program.. it doesnt connect to anyones server ..it tries to tho.. it sits there for a while and then goes:

Acknowledging chat request...
-
Unable to connect
-
DCC session closed

is there a port # i need .. or some kind of option i need to set ? :veryconfu any help would be great

thnx!

barnum42

Recheck every single setting. Just one little typo can throw it out. That's what happend to me after I last formatted. Check the first post of this tread for details of the settings.

Testtrack321

As a Mac user, I got around to writing one up for Mac...

1.) Get the application ConversationConversation (free!)
2.) Open application, then on the main window that pops up, choose the "+" icon on the bottom left of the window.
3.) In the window that pops up select the drop down menu, and select "Server", then click the refresh button next to the drop down menu.
4.) Sort by name, then select irc.irchighway.net.
5.) Once irchighway connects, click the "+" icon again, then enter the channel "#Disney-Central" on the bottom entry bar.
6.) Navigation and file getting is the same.

Not used #Disney-Central for ages, need help!!

Dear all,

I've just logged onto MIRC, having not used it for many months (I have Broadband again), to try and get on Disney Central.

Perhaps it's my memory, but I can't seem to get anywhere!

When in MIRC, I'm clicking on the channel name #Disney-Central, and then clicking on the join button...

This brings up another screen which says "now talking in #Disney-Central"..

My nickname is the only name on the right side, which is rather worrying as before there was always many many names!!

I type in !list but it just appears on the screen next to my name, nothing happens.

Is Disney-Central still going? Are you still able to download videos/media/etc from it?

Can anyone help? :hammer:

Thanking you in advance

minniemouseuk

dolbyman

yup .. disney-central is up and runing like charm ....

check that you are on #irchighway .. not #newnet

btw .. sometimes after my summer vacation I'll double my upload speed (again) so my server will handle up to 4 upload session at once :sohappy:

Thanks for all your help.

I'm now on Disney Central. All I have to do now is remember how to download :D .

Once again, thanks alot, and see you at Disney Central :wave:

ChrisTUK

I have just tried logging in but I too am the only one on the server, I can't seem to find the irchighway anywhere, I've only got newnet and gamesnet.

ogryn

Typing !list with plain mIRC *will* just print out a list of the servers to the screen. From that list you can see the triggers that will initiate a chat with the fileserver (such as !video, !dolby, etc etc)

With the Invision add-on for mIRC, *then* you will get a pop-up list of servers. :)

arcsbite

ok, stupid question time..

re installed mIRC and decided to give it a shot, got logged into D-C, I have installed invision, but the pdf isn't working to tell me how to use it

i've typed !list
then !Dolby and been taken into the files, I can type dir ect to get the lists, but no point and click options as I thought there would be, am I missing something?
cheers.

<s>...Also, when I request a file by the old command "get" way, it says icomplete "unable to connect"

sorry to be a total newbie here, but i'm lost.</s>

EDIT - played with the firewall, can accept files now, just can't seem to enable the clicky...still working with the typing commnads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom