What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

Wackyboxer

Thanks for the help Dolbyman. By clicking off the server explorer I can get into all of the servers the long way. I'm still trying to learn all the commands, so it's a bit of a slow going, but it's much better than not being able to get into them at all. I guess you were right about it being a router problem (although I don't really know what a router does). Thanks again for helping me solve what was becoming a very frustrating problem.

welovewdw

i got banned!! i didnt even do anything or have a chance to click on anything!! it's the same problem everyone else was having i guess. anything i can do?

Irrawaddy Erik

welovewdw said:
well i guess everyone was having that problem a week ago. help!! i didnt do anything, i promise!! help, i need my disney fix!!
Actually I believe you where banned for repeatedly triggering a server after being asked only to trigger them once every thirty seconds. :)

Vandal

welovewdw said:
i got banned!! i didnt even do anything or have a chance to click on anything!! it's the same problem everyone else was having i guess. anything i can do?

Ok, first of all, I banned you. Reason being, you did not listen to any of the ops, after NUMEROUS warnings to stop triggering multiple times in a 30 second period. I warned you at least twice, and I know that nigel warned you a few times too, if you would have privately messaged me, we could have worked this out very easily, but you for some reason chose to ignore me.

Another reason I banned you is because I had people private msg'ing me stating that you were an "a**", I did not witness this personally, but when I get complaints from more than a single person, I tend not to ignore them.

I will unban you, but please, PLEASE, do everyone a favor... when an op talks, listen... behave yourself in the channel, and I guarantee you will never have any problems.

Vandal out.

welovewdw

i'm very sorry. i am new and have no idea what i'm doing. i cant even tell when someone is talking to me. there are too many windows up for me to see that. i was even at the computer half the time. i didnt even say anything to anyone! how can i be an a-word? maybe it's too complicated for me to even try to mess with. i should've known i wasnt good enough at computer stuff to understand immediately what i was doing. i've never been called an a-word in real life, let alone in cyberspace!! my husband just set this up for me and i was trying to figure out how to use it. sorry

jami

Vandal

i'm very sorry. i am new and have no idea what i'm doing. i cant even tell when someone is talking to me. there are too many windows up for me to see that. i was even at the computer half the time. i didnt even say anything to anyone! how can i be an a-word? maybe it's too complicated for me to even try to mess with. i should've known i wasnt good enough at computer stuff to understand immediately what i was doing. i've never been called an a-word in real life, let alone in cyberspace!! my husband just set this up for me and i was trying to figure out how to use it. sorry

PLEASE don't be sorry and don't stop trying :) if you need help, just ask for it... if you see someone mentioning your name (ie, if you see "welovewdw: hey whats up") respond... we're pretty friendly :D

If you need help, just ask... if you need to message me in private on the channel, just type /msg Vandal (message) and I will respond whenever I'm at the computer... ask anyone, I actually do like to help!

Just don't give up, download the magic, and HAVE FUN!

PBarton

Hello,

Can somebody here help me??

I have managed to install and set everything up ( including Invision) - I think...

I have also managed to recieve a few files, it is great!

My problem is that I have noticed in the Disneycentral window (??) there are several messages saying - "Such and Such" is attempting to chat with you via port xxxx" is this important, and how do I go about it (in simple terms).

Have I done something wrong, I do not want to appear rude, I just dont have a clue what to do!!

Thank you

Paul

dolbyman

nahh those are only file server messages :animwink:

cause the file server sessions are dcc chats .. so nothing rude about ignoring those :p

PBarton

dolbyman said:
nahh those are only file server messages :animwink:

cause the file server sessions are dcc chats .. so nothing rude about ignoring those :p
Thanks for that! I thought I had done something wrong! -DOH!!:eek:

I am a little cautious, as my girlfriend has all of her College work stored on the computer (she is training to be a Nurse). I do not want to mess things up - for you, me or her!!

Thanks again, and great work there :) :wave: :sohappy:

dolbyman

then you are in the wrong channel .. the correct channel is packed with folks :animwink:

check if you are on irchighway

PBarton

Here's another one!

When the message: Request Please wait 30 seconds between triggers......

How do you know who the message is aimed at? If someone triggers, does that mean I cannot trigger within the next 30 secs or does it mean the original "trigger" person??

Thanks for your help, an amazing place!

RU42

Original Poster
It refers to the individaul not the channel. Each person should wait 30 seconds between requests and not flood a steady stream of !list commands.

RU

PBarton

Just a quick one before bed!

I was using Invision before, there are several "tabs" at the side of the screen (left side). When I clicked one of them before, the one that lists the ports (sorry can't be any more specific - don't even know what a port is/does) there was one that was listed as 3*** (it was three thousand and something) and said Terror Trojan next to it.

Is this something to worry about?? Was someone trying to install a "Trojan" - there was another port number listed with another strange name, can't recall it though.

Sorry to not be more specific, and for my confusing way of documenting my query - it was earlier today and I had to go out before, I did not get chance to write exactly what was stated. My appologies...

Many thanks... again!

PBarton

PBarton said:
Just a quick one before bed!

I was using Invision before, there are several "tabs" at the side of the screen (left side). When I clicked one of them before, the one that lists the ports (sorry can't be any more specific - don't even know what a port is/does) there was one that was listed as 3*** (it was three thousand and something) and said Terror Trojan next to it.

Is this something to worry about?? Was someone trying to install a "Trojan" - there was another port number listed with another strange name, can't recall it though.

Sorry to not be more specific, and for my confusing way of documenting my query - it was earlier today and I had to go out before, I did not get chance to write exactly what was stated. My appologies...

Many thanks... again!
If this helps, it is when I click the "Local Ports" tab at the side of the screen.

Today it lists:

1025 Remote Storm
3024 Win Crash

Can someone please explain these?? Esp Terror Trojan!

Thanks

PBarton

dolbyman said:
both names identify trojans .. try to run a full system virus scan on your system .. you could be infected ..
Hello,

I have run a full scan, no problems at all, also ran spware checking software, again no problems.

I always check for updates on my virus scanning software, almost everytime that I log on!

Any ideas what else that it can be??

Thanks for your help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom