What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

DisneyJedi

goldenstate5 said:
"You can not join #Disney-Central (you are banned)"

I know what a proxy is, but I have no certain clue what a "trojan horse" is...

You have not been banned from the channel. The IRChighway.net server you are being directed to is either full or down for service. Try another server from the irchighway.net network. There are several listed here on their website:

http://www.irchighway.net/

I just checked there and there are a limited few. You should be able to just connect to the main one 'irc.irchighway.net' and it will redirect you to a server in their network to use. I think it probably directed you to one that was full or down for service, so just try again and it will hopefully direct you to a working one. For instance I am on noclueyet.uk.eu.irchighway.net which is a European server in the IRCHighway network.

I think it is stupid the server's default response to being offline or full is 'banned'. It confuses the IRC newbies.

by the way.. the only two bans for the channel were from spammers:
*!*hkdisneyw@*.25a73dd4.cityu.edu.hk
*!*@25ea667f.f4f1334.lv..net

As long as your net identity isn't resolving to that, you should be able to get in.

disney4me4ever

I downloaded & configured mIRC according to the guides here, then downloaded Invision. As that was installing, I got a popup from McAfee that identified a trojan. So, I deleted the Invision and attempted to find another (clean) version. Downloaded again, this time another popup identifying a different trojan. So are there any clean versions of Invision out there? I really want to access D-C but corrupting my new pc isn't worth it. :-(

RU42

Original Poster
My guess is you are getting false positives. My McAfee does that with a Sony program I have. Where are you downloading Invision from?

RU

TinkerBell9988

Hi guys!

I need your help about downloading Invision 2.0. I have a new computer, and I already had mIrc and Invision 2.0 in my old computer, and had no problems with them at all, they worked great. I'm trying to access the website that I am supposed to download Invision from (according to wdwresorttv.com), and it says that the page is not available anymore. (it is http://member.newsguy.com/~chick1/files/i2b2520.exe) Can anyone tell me if there is another website where I can download Invision 2.0 from? Its hard for me to use mIrc without it, since I am so used to using it with Invision.

Thanks so much for your help!
-Tink

barnum42

Try Google.

If you can't find the right version of Invision, see if you can find a version of MIRC that matches the version of Invision you have.

When you get them, keep copies of both setup files for future use.

TinkerBell9988

Thanks Barnum,

I Googled it, and I think I downloaded the right version (the one I had on my old computer). Now lets see if it will work!

Thanks again!

-Tink :)

disney4me4ever

RU--
<Where are you downloading Invision from?>

First time I got it from the link in the "how to" section, second time I googled and downloaded from a link there. As I said, I would love to be able to access D-C, but need a simple, safe way to do it. I'll keep checking in here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

DisneyJedi

mkepcotmgmak said:
how do i get on this highway? the monorail? lol... :lol:

Sorry to be so blunt, but if you read RU42's first post in this thread the bold part explains what to do:

Invision GuideATTENTION! This guide is awesome BUT the servers referenced on page 3 are no longer Newnet. (A) should now be IRCHighway and (B) should now be IRCHighway: Random Server. Also check http://www.irchighway.net for other servers you can use.

You just gotta pick the right IRC network before you join #disney-central.

Hope to see you soon!

mkepcotmgmak

i feel so dumb, and i hate asking this, but where do i go in MIRC to connect to the mirchighway and disney-central? i have invision, but i'm so clueless. i see the channels list... i know what to do once i get into disney-central, but i'm not getting in. it keeps opening a new one, like a new room i created or something?

DisneyJedi

mkepcotmgmak said:
i feel so dumb, and i hate asking this, but where do i go in MIRC to connect to the mirchighway and disney-central? i have invision, but i'm so clueless. i see the channels list... i know what to do once i get into disney-central, but i'm not getting in. it keeps opening a new one, like a new room i created or something?
Just type this in your new chat window you seem to be creating (including the preceeding slash followed by the [enter] key):

/server irc.irchighway.net [enter]

Then when you are on the right server type:

/join #disney-central [enter]

mkepcotmgmak

okay, so MIRC has been working fire for me, and i get on today, and i don't know what's wrong.
usually (i think with the help of invision) i type, "!list" and a new window pops up with the people i can download from, and i just click, now the names all come up in the same window, and i can't click on them to open them... i have to use the 'codes' which i do not know how to use... anyone know what i changed or did wrong to do this?

dolbyman

check in the invision main settings if the checkbox "capture notice ads" is checked .. it's should be checked to enable this window

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom