What If Disney: Disneyland Resort Builds an Better Second Gate

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
parkinglot_empty1960oca.jpg

Once Upon a Time, There was a Parking Lot at Disneyland in 1955. When people parked their car & took a walk to the main gate or took a tram.

Westcot Overview SM.jpg

Until then in the 1990s, The Walt Disney Company announced to expanded the original Disneyland Park into a multi-park, multi-resort business model. Intended to be the centerpiece of the revamping, WestCOT was announced in 1991, though financial restraints contributed to its cancellation in 1995 because of Euro Disney Resort (Now as Disneyland Paris) in 1992.

bir596423LARGE.jpg

Its planned site later housed the complex's second theme park Disney California Adventure Park, opened on February 08, 2001 & it failed. But now with new & awesome things like Cars Land, Buena Vista Street & even the spectacular World of Color for Bob Iger's idea of the DCA Transformation & the Future of DCA includes Pixar Pier (Rethemed Paradise Pier) in 2018, An Future land of Avengers Campus in 2021 & an rumor Disneyland Forward Expansion both in Disneyland Park & California Adventure, The Future of California Adventure became from a poor to a new excited second gate park for the Disneyland Resort better than Opened Day in 2001.

Fc-ISHjagAIApZ_.jpg

So in the first What If Disney Project, we are going to planned some what if's & can't wait to see what ideas I have in store. & i will be back maybe next week or so, So Stay Tuned.​

Chapters:

Chapter 1: A Better California Adventure

Chapter 2: Building a Studio at Disneyland

Chapter 3: The Wild comes to Disneyland

Chapter 4: Voyage to the Sea

Chapter 5: TBA

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Chapter 1: A Better California Adventure
Disney's California Adventure (The Better Version)

51cdb248462aec3ce4e7811281d1a071.jpg

This park will be better than the 2001 version, I'm talking about the concepts of the 90s California Adventure that could be more better & adventurous than California itself but also it will also had California Screamin', Grizzly River Run, Tower of Terror, Maybe even Soarin' & a few surprises in store that you're be surprise. The Better Version of Disney's California Adventure park will include 6 themed areas & Each area will have rides, attractions, restaurants, shops, detailed décor and entertainment.

Visitors begin Disney's California Adventure by entering Spanish Village, a 19th century Main Street reflecting a series of 21 religious outposts or missions established between 1769 & 1833 in what is now the U.S. state of California. It also serves the Hub/Central Plaza of California Adventure like in Disneyland right next door. The Main Attraction is inside this Icon/Weenie of the park which is a Spanish Mission Tower/Theatre of the Castle of DCA. Inside, a show that is based on a History of California, a similar attraction to The American Adventure at Epcot from Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

From there, guests proceed to the movie making pasts of Hollywoodland, a Tinseltown place in the 1930s & 40s where not only you be walking down Hollywood Boulevard, but also go to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot & see how movies & animation are made, Before you eyes.

Pioneer Fields brings us to the early age of the airplane of California, represented by a early 1900s-1920s Aviation technology where barnstorming and other newfangled exploits open up a new world for exploration in the skies above California.

From Aviation technology to Farming takes us into Bountiful Valley Farm, A recreation of an authentic Californian farm where guests could have had the opportunity to see different types of industries related to food production, in addition to hands-on experiences & also to see how California's Wine is made in a film presentation of the Season of the Vine.

The story of California Adventure continues into Goldrush Gulch, Themed around California's wilderness and national parks, with particular references to Yosemite and Redwood national parks & we can't forget about the most thing in the land that they love is, GOLD.

Lastly, Surf City USA presents a Beachside/Boardwalk Hybrid Themed Land between a little bit of a Amusement Park & a Water Park.

I feel like the Bear Mountain on Grizzly Peak could be still the icon of California Adventure or maybe in the Spanish Village of an Tower/Spanish Village Building like/Icon similar to the Carthay Circle Theatre which you can still see it today at DCA. Soon we will start our tour of the Better Version California Adventure starting with the Spanish Village, the Main Street & Entrance of DCA, so Stay Tuned later or so.

Table of Contents

SPANISH VILLAGE:
  • Introduction, Ceremony & Dedication
  • Land Walkthrough & Details
ATTRACTIONS:
  • Red Car Trolley
  • Greeting Character Hub
  • Golden Dreams
DINING:
  • Mission Tortilla Factory
  • San Angelos Bakery
  • Trolley Treats (Churros, Popcorn, etc)
RETAIL:
  • San Missions Department Store
  • California Wears
  • Elias & Co.
  • Barbara's Fine Sweets
GUEST SERVICES:
  • Storage Lockers
  • Park Info Board

HOLLYWOODLAND:
  • Introduction
ATTRACTIONS:
  • Great Moments at the Movies FP
  • Hyperion Theatre - The Golden Mickeys
  • Jim Henson's Muppet-Vision 3D
  • The Henson Plaza Stage - Bear in the Big Blue House: Live on Stage
  • Special Effects Stage
  • Superstar Television
  • The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror FP
The Magic of Disney Animation
  • The Art of Animation
  • Animation Academy
  • Sorcerer's Workshop
  • Roger Rabbit's Toontown Transit Adventure FP
DINING:
  • ABC Soap Opera Bistro
  • Fairfax Market
  • Henson's
  • Backlot Express
  • Rod's Diner of Doom
RETAIL:
  • Mickey's of Hollywood
  • Celebrity 5 & 10
  • Muppet Studios Store
  • Stage One Company Store
  • The Animation Gallery
  • Box Office Gifts
  • Tower Hotel Gifts

PIONEER FIELDS:
  • Introduction
ATTRACTIONS:
  • Soarin' Over California FP
  • The History of Aviation
  • Pedro’s Mail Carriers
  • Mickey's Plane Crazy FP
DINING:
  • Taste Pilot's Grill
  • Wright Bakers
  • Refueling Center
RETAIL:
  • Rosie's
  • Condor Imports
  • Flyer Suppliers
  • Air Tower Treats

BOUNTIFUL VALLEY FARM:
  • Introduction
ATTRACTIONS:
  • Living with the Land FP
  • Old MacDonald's Tractor Tours FP
  • Bountiful Valley Petting Zoo
  • CAT's Tractor Whipper FP
  • Seasons of the Vine
DINING:
  • Golden Vine Winery
  • Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market
RETAIL:
  • Santa Ross Seed & Supply
  • Caterpillar Cart

GOLDRUSH GULCH:
  • Introduction
ATTRACTIONS:
  • Grizzly River Run FP
  • The Redwood Forest Jamboree
  • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
  • Mine Train Through Goldrush Gulch FP
DINING:
  • Storytellers Café
  • Woodlore & Humphrey's Picnic Cart
RETAIL:
  • Rushin' River Outfitters
  • Big Al's
  • Goldrush Gulch Trading Post

SURF CITY USA:
  • Introduction
ATTRACTIONS:
  • Wipeout Cyclone FP
  • Fish Gliders
  • King Triton’s Carousel
  • Games of the Boardwalk
  • Sun Wheel
  • Maliboomer FP
  • California Swingers
  • Mulholland Madness FP
  • Goofy's Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Donald's Cowabunga Water Works
  • The Rocky Cove Stage - Mickey & Friends Rockin' Beach Party
  • Surf City Wave Pool
DINING:
  • Avalon Cove and The Cove Bar
  • Catch a Flave
  • Boardwalk Betsy's Strips, Dips 'n' Chips
  • Corn Dog Castle
  • Daisy's Frosted Treats
RETAIL:
  • Treasures in Paradise
  • Wipeout Outpost
  • Pacific Ocean Photos
  • Souvenir 66
  • Gerdie's Sunglass Shack
  • Minnie's Beach Fashions
  • Lifeguard Pluto's

PARK SPECTACULARS:
  • Introduction

SEASONAL EVENTS:
  • Halloween
  • Christmas
  • Additional Seasonal Events

EXPANSIONS & TIMELINE:
  • Expansion Possibilities
  • Timeline of the Park

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Spanish Village

Go back in time to the 16th-19th of the Spanish Village of California

TIMELINE: 1769 & 1833

Spanish Village is the Main Street U.S.A. of Disney's California Adventure. Its a Tribute to Spanish Empire during the 16th-19th centuries in the period of the Spanish colonization of the Americas & the time of slavery of Spanish Mission. The Land is surround with grand Mission Revival architecture with shops, restaurants, etc. In this land their a Dedication from the Statue that tells the Park's Dedication to the Dreams of California.

list-of-california-missions-with-mission-map-.jpg
062620-18-Histroy-Christian-Evangelical.jpg

DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
“To all who Believe in the Power of Dreams, Welcome. The Story of California begins to the dreamers of the past: the native people, explorers, immigrants, aviators, entrepreneurs and entertainers who built the Golden State. And we salute a new generation of dreamers who are creating the wonders of tomorrow, from filmmakers, dream-makers, storytellers and adventurers. Disney's California Adventure is dedicated & celebrates the richness and the diversity of California... Its land, its people, its stories and, above all, the dreamers it continues to inspire, if we can all shared in Just One Dream”.

Disney's California Adventure Dedication
(displayed on the park’s iconic statue)

9b9340fdb3bc62bc049eaec38695ec90.jpg
butterflies-minnie-ready-for-the-beach-minnie-mouse-summer-clipart-11563042810jvpp0rg1uh.png
7f9f6454b40f8440910f6bdc6124dffa.jpg
9d1a53f1a86f2b352057bce1eeb643e7.jpg
unnamed.png

Rope Drop Ceremony – California Here We Come!

Before rope drop and official park opening every morning, guests are held within Spanish Village & the Tower/Icon. This allows us to regale these lucky early few with a dramatic opening ceremony called.

Things begin in darkness, before energy slowly builds through the use of the song of California Here we Come”. As the trumpets start, imagined that the curtain literally rises. Until now, the DCA Station, Spanish Village & the Icon/Tower It now sails upwards, creating a majestic slow reveal of California Adventure which is perfectly complemented with dancers & performers singing California Here we Come, as the Red Car Trolley comes down the Hub with Mickey & His Pals inside the Trolley greeting everyone at the Hub.

The Fab Five - Mickey & Pals - Get out of the Trolley & walk towards us down The Hub & Main Street dressed in Different California Dresses from each land of the park & songs from California's Lands. As Mickey Mouse dresses as a Hollywood Director & singing Hooray for Hollywood, Minnie Mouse dresses in her One-Piece Bathing Suit, Sunhat, Shades & her Bag as she getting ready to go to the beach to Sunbathed & Go Swimming at Surf City as dancers singing Surfin' USA from The Beach Boys, Pluto as Digger/Explorer in Goldrush Gulch, which by the way i don't know what song could be used for Goldrush Gulch pleased help me in the comments, Goofy as a Plane Pilot in Pioneer Fields, don't what song to put in this ever & as well to help in the comments, Donald Duck as a Farmer in Bountiful Valley Farm, Don't know what song as well & one last help in the comments please.

With continued heroic solemnity, Mickey & Pals climb to the ceremony stage. In steady pace with the music, they waves to guests below. An announcer booms over speakers, warmly welcoming guests to Disney's California Adventure with a recitation of the park’s opening dedication.

During this, the characters continue engaging guests from the stage as The orchestra crescendos. Light fireworks fire off beyond the Icon/Tower/Theatre at the Hub, from the flanking rooftops of Spanish Village! The day has begun! & continues the song of California Here we Come, as Guests walked to the first land of DCA & the Fab Five wave at the guests & right back to the Red Car Trolley & drove off to Hollywoodland. (Remand that this is a idea Opening Ceremony of the park)​

Attachments

• 51cdb248462aec3ce4e7811281d1a071.jpg
    51cdb248462aec3ce4e7811281d1a071.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 127
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
So how would this affect Marvel and 20th Century Studios?
Well where in the late 90s to the early 2000s, & this is a what if so i don't if i put any Marvel & 20th Century Studios Stuff in this park maybe for a future expansion page but for now this is what i had in store. But maybe later if i feel like it. not promises anything its just in my own project.

ThemeParkPriest

Spanish Village

Go back in time to the 16th-19th of the Spanish Village of California

TIMELINE: 1769 & 1833

Spanish Village is the Main Street U.S.A. of Disney's California Adventure. Its a Tribute to Spanish Empire during the 16th-19th centuries in the period of the Spanish colonization of the Americas & the time of slavery of Spanish Mission. The Land is surround with grand Mission Revival architecture with shops, restaurants, etc. In this land their a Dedication from the Statue that tells the Park's Dedication to the Dreams of California.
I think that it’s great you’re including that in your Blue Sky DCA park! The Spanish missionaries like St. Junipero Serra (and thus, the missions) had a major impact on the area. I was blessed to see one of the missions when I was last in southern Cal in 2019.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
I think that it’s great you’re including that in your Blue Sky DCA park! The Spanish missionaries like St. Junipero Serra (and thus, the missions) had a major impact on the area. I was blessed to see one of the missions when I was last in southern Cal in 2019.
Thank You i would include some ideas for Attractions, Restaurants, Shops & so on but sometimes i need someone help to think some ideas & sometimes i love for someone to help me some stuff. so its there some ideas you can think of this park needs as well for the lands, also to know that more details coming maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for your comment.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Land Walkthrough & Details

Guest Relations: 1. Spanish Square Town Hall, 2. Park Info Board, 3. Storage Lockers

Attractions: 4. Red Car Trolley, 5. Greeting Character Hub, 6. Golden Dreams, 7. Unnamed Nighttime Show

Dining: 8. Mission Tortilla Factory, 9. San Angelos Bakery, 10. Trolley Treats (Popcorn, Ice Cream, etc) at the Hub,

Retail: 9. San Missions Department Store, 10. Californian Wears, 11. Elias & Co., 12. Barbara's Fine Sweets,

Upon passing through the gates to DCA, Right to Spanish Village, the Town Square of Spanish Village, similar to Disneyland next door (and California Adventure beyond it) anchored by an Mission Revival Architect of the Bridge, over which the Disneyland Monorail passed & stretches out before guests! There sits an Tower/Theater similar to Carthay Circle at DCA in all of great Mission Revival architecture, almost the same size/height as Carthay Circle & as their Castle/Icon/Weenie of Disney's California Adventure.

Disney's California Adventure Entrance Plaza/Ticketing Center’s Daytime/Nighttime music loop. There is a ton of songs themed to California. But inside the park is an Realistic/Movie Like Soundtrack that imbues guests with a boundless sense of energy for the day.

Right to the Entrance of the park is Square/Plaza of Spanish Village (or as Town Square of California Adventure, similar to Disneyland), This include a flagpole bearing the U.S. and California flags...What Disneyland Resort park could be without those?

The right side of the Square features an Spanish Square Town Hall, a home to Guest Services & modeled after to the Santa Barbara County Courthouse. To the left of that is Small Building that been there for Storage Lockers.

The left (east) side of the runway is dominated by factory buildings. Most prominent is San Missions Department Store, Disney’s California Adventure's main “Emporium” department store. The exterior of the store is inspired by the Santa Barbara Station in San Barbara, California that was build in 1902.

Past San Missions Department Store is Californian Wears, a major clothing shop. Then their's the Elias & Co., its a Disney store with all of your favorite merch from Mickey & Friends to California Adventure Merch. & Finally there was the Mission Tortilla Factory, This is where the history and the making of the traditional food of ancient and modern Mexico—the tortilla.” It’s not a ride or a theater. It’s an authentic, working tortilla factory.

The right side & Directly opposite is Barbara's Fine Sweets, a Confectionery Store named after Santa Barbara, California, This not also home to Candies but its also home to World Famous Handmade Scooped Ice Cream. Further along & past from Barbara's Fine Sweets is shop. & Finally is the San Angelos Bakery. It is bakery store fill with amazing Baking Delights, Drinks & who can't not forget in California without The World's Famous Sourdough Bread of all of California, All you can find inside the San Angelos Bakery, The building is inspired by Southwestern Artists ASSN at the Spanish Village Art Center Balboa Park in San Diego & inside feels similar to the Baker’s Field Bakery that was at DCA in 2001 because of all of that Spanish Mission Design.
Here at the end of Spanish Village & to the middle of the park is the Sunshine Circle, California Adventure's Central Plaza/Hub of the park. The Circle of the Hub is formed/shaped like the Sun as California's Famous Star (Not a Planet) & also the home as the Sunshine State of the West.

The Sunshine Circle & also home to the Character Hub, the park’s dedicated all-purpose character meet ‘n’ greet facility.

The Sunshine Circle meanwhile holds the Statue. Just as Disneyland Park feature statues of Walt Disney with Mickey Mouse, so does for Disney's California Adventure. (QUESTION TIME FOR ALL OF MY VIEWERS: I had a question to asked for all of you who are great drawers & sometimes I'm not a great drawer, could some of you helped to see what this statue could like, what the named of the statue we could called & as well what icon/castle of the park could fit the land of Spanish Village could look like, Maybe like an San Gabriel Civic Auditorium style Building/Castle please).

We are only just began our grand tour of Spanish Village at California Adventure. We shall continue this week if I could & we will take a look at some details of the land, look at the famous Audio Animatronic show/attraction of all of California Adventure Golden Dreams, the features surrounding the land, and the passageways to California Adventure's other lands, So Stay Tuned & We will see you real soon.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Are you gonna have some Roger Rabbit attractions such as Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride and Toontown Transit in Hollywoodland area?
Well since Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin is at Disneyland i feel like one Roger Rabbit attraction would be enough but good question maybe i see, you never know what surprises i have in store very soon.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well since Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin is at Disneyland i feel like one Roger Rabbit attraction would be enough but good question maybe i see, you never know what surprises i have in store very soon.
Can you do Toontown Transit simulator ride for Hollywoodland area please?

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Right Now i'm working on a sketch/drawing on DCA (The Better Version), can't wait what your thoughts are on this paper work i'm working on. First i starting on the Main Entrance & Spanish Village First then Hollywoodland.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
IMG_0059.JPG

(i getting to the sketch project of the first land will be coming maybe tonight if i could. For now Here is just an Idea Central Plaza/Hub & Icon but maybe bigger of what it would look like & instead of having a huge Steel Sun. & the Red Car Trolley traveling to Spanish Village, The Hub & Hollywoodland & back to the Hub & the village again) But just forget about the Golden Gate Bridge. i'm not putting the Golden Gate Bridge in the Spanish Village, it does not fit.​

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
I just change from Expansion to Expansion & Timeline so we can know what the timeline of the park could be from the past to the future, some things removed, scrapped or still here since opening & somethings are new for the future of the park for generations to come.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
IMG_7787.JPG

(Sorry, no huge post of the land yet, but still making progress on the project i'm working of DCA (The Better Version). But for now here's a teaser plan that i'm getting to. I did not get the entrance design to DCA, & the whole Spanish Village area done yet but almost there & also to Hollywoodland. But rumor in my plan Hollywoodland would be add 2 sub area featuring (Hollywood Boulevard & Hollywood Pictures Backlot (Muppet Studios, & maybe Disney Animation)

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 551129
(Sorry, no huge post of the land yet, but still making progress on the project i'm working of DCA (The Better Version). But for now here's a teaser plan that i'm getting to. I did not get the entrance design to DCA, & the whole Spanish Village area done yet but almost there & also to Hollywoodland. But rumor in my plan Hollywoodland would be add 2 sub area featuring (Hollywood Boulevard & Hollywood Pictures Backlot (Muppet Studios, & maybe Disney Animation)
Maybe Maroon Cartoon Studios with some Roger Rabbit rides could be worked as sub area in Hollywoodland area.

Sam Magic

View attachment 550753
(i getting to the sketch project of the first land will be coming maybe tonight if i could. For now Here is just an Idea Central Plaza/Hub & Icon but maybe bigger of what it would look like & instead of having a huge Steel Sun. & the Red Car Trolley traveling to Spanish Village, The Hub & Hollywoodland & back to the Hub & the village again) But just forget about the Golden Gate Bridge. i'm not putting the Golden Gate Bridge in the Spanish Village, it does not fit.​
Where did you find this image? I haven't seen this version of the DCA hub before. It's fascinating! Much better hub than what was ultimately built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom