What I think...as of today...for now...

Grizzly Hall 71

I'm guessing it will be almost exactly like the old SWSA but when it gets to the Dwarf's mine, that's when the rollercoaster section kicks in. Then after that the ride finnishes up like the old version. At least I hope that's what its like.

I really don't want it just to be about a rollercoaster through the mine and that's it. That'd be very boring.

Maybe they can have like sections where the car slows down and let's the guest view the scenes.

I hope it is visually stunning and thrilling. I want something more than Thunder Mountain. I hope it is more. I wish it will be thrilling.

cookiee_munster

i wonder, if the original ride is kept, and the mine coaster is built, the mine coaster will incorporate more of a "scary theme" including the witch, and then having the original dark ride given an overhaul and being more about snow white?

Tom

Beta Return
i wonder, if the original ride is kept, and the mine coaster is built, the mine coaster will incorporate more of a "scary theme" including the witch, and then having the original dark ride given an overhaul and being more about snow white?

I can't even imagine a scenario where they would have two rides based on the same theme in the same park.

My prediction is that if Lee (and others) are right about the new SW ride, the old one will go away.

Ugh... I was so disappointed with that ride.

Once again it really reminded me of how well Disney does theming on almost all of their rides.
As was I. It was Primeval Whirl without the spinning. And set pieces and lighting and effects. But you go through it all so quickly you can't even enjoy them. :brick:

The preshow was fun, though.

Grizzly Hall 71

I can't even imagine a scenario where they would have two rides based on the same theme in the same park.

My prediction is that if Lee (and others) are right about the new SW ride, the old one will go away.

You can't? Disneyland has 2 Alice rides. It's possible. They also have 2 Pirate related attractions. Hollywood Studios has Star Tours and Jedi Training Academy. Casey Jr. And Dumbo in Disneyland and Disneyland Paris? The list goes on.

IWant2GoNow

As was I. It was Primeval Whirl without the spinning. And set pieces and lighting and effects. But you go through it all so quickly you can't even enjoy them. :brick:

The preshow was fun, though.

Exactly. The preshow had me even more excited than the name of the ride. I just set my expectations MUCH too high for that one. I mean, being able to see all the track and supports trying to pass it off as a "subway".

Come on now. :rolleyes:

Next Big Thing

All you have to do is head out west and look in a Bug's Land and once it's finished, Cars Land.

britain

Then come on out to Disneyland where we got the Tea Cups + Alice, Dumbo + Casey Junior, and Pirates of the Caribbean + Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island!

aladdin2007

I'm guessing it will be almost exactly like the old SWSA but when it gets to the Dwarf's mine, that's when the rollercoaster section kicks in. Then after that the ride finnishes up like the old version. At least I hope that's what its like.

I really don't want it just to be about a rollercoaster through the mine and that's it. That'd be very boring.

Exactly def agree. Also Im trying to figure out how the showbuilding is going to sit in the middle of fantasy forest because right behind it will be the mermaid complex right? Or am I off.

imagineer boy

Exactly def agree. Also Im trying to figure out how the showbuilding is going to sit in the middle of fantasy forest because right behind it will be the mermaid complex right? Or am I off.

I'm sure there's more than enough space to fit the show building and plant trees and maybe have a shop or two around it to hide the building.

Castle Cake Apologist

I don't know why everyone thinks it has to be indoors. Jungle Cruise is outside. Very fun, very heavily themed, and classic.

Well, it's a ride that seems to have its roots planted in the mine scenes of the movie. So, logically, one would assume that the vast majority of the ride will take place... in a mine.

Hence the assumption that most of the ride will need some kind of show building.

jt04

I'm sure there's more than enough space to fit the show building and plant trees and maybe have a shop or two around it to hide the building.

If the ride building is the only structure they are going to have a ton of space to fill up. Much more than a shop or 2.The entirety of the FLE is going to need to be filled in due to all the stuff Lee says is now canceled.

So I'm expecting all kinds of new adds. :sohappy:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Don't forget the space for stroller parking:

2318677640078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

Krack

Stroller jokes never get old. Mostly because the entire Disney stroller situation is one of the biggest jokes going.

/Yes, I'm old enough to remember when every family didn't push two SUVs around the park and it didn't look like this ...

316796339_4d6a2e29bb.jpg

Tokyo+Disney+Stroller+03.JPG

jt04

2318677640078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

If the economy ever recovers to the point that we have similar crowds I'd be happy to deal with strollers everywhere.

But in any case, the FLE will be so big I think stroller jams will be an issue only remembered in yesterland. :cool:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If the economy ever recovers to the point that we have similar crowds I'd be happy to deal with strollers everywhere.

But in any case, the FLE will be so big I think stroller jams will be an issue only remembered in yesterland. :cool:

Strollers were everywhere in May, Jt. They've always been an issue, WDW-issued ones or otherwise. It's just one more thing to consider in this project....

jt04

Strollers were everywhere in May, Jt. They've always been an issue, WDW-issued ones or otherwise. It's just one more thing to consider in this project....

I guess I have always figured they kind of go with the territory. I really don't pay attention that much. But I also spend very little time in Fantasyland. More than likely I'm at Epcot or a resort.

DigitalDisney

I guess I have always figured they kind of go with the territory. I really don't pay attention that much. But I also spend very little time in Fantasyland. More than likely I'm at Epcot or a resort.
The entire area from The Land to The Living Seas is one giant stroller parking lot, and it's usually very busy

Maybe you missed that one too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom