What I think...as of today...for now...

ChrisM

It really will have very little in common with Crush.
For starters: Not as intense, no spinning and it will use coaster trains, not individual cars.

Coaster trains, eh? Now that is interesting as I presume that creates a greater challenge when designing show scenes.

Would it be fair to describe it as thus:

- Scope and scale on par with Crush's Coaster but with coaster-style trains as opposed to individual cars.

- Route and "thrill" level something on par with Splash Mountain absent the final drop. Mostly gliding somewhat slowly through large, immersive show scenes with a few drops / quick banked curves of various degrees.

- Show scenes more akin to size and scale of:
(A) Splash Mountain
(B) Little Mermaid
(C) Snow White's Scary Adventures

- Almost entirely indoor save for one or two abbreviated outdoor sections.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Coaster trains, eh? Now that is interesting as I presume that creates a greater challenge when designing show scenes.

Would it be fair to describe it as thus:

- Scope and scale on par with Crush's Coaster but with coaster-style trains as opposed to individual cars.
Hard to say since they are so different.

- Route and "thrill" level something on par with Splash Mountain absent the final drop. Mostly gliding somewhat slowly through large, immersive show scenes with a few drops / quick banked curves of various degrees.
Eh....again hard to say. I predict less thrill than Splash. And shorter. This won't be an E ticket. Decent D, I would guess.

- Show scenes more akin to size and scale of:
(A) Splash Mountain
(B) Little Mermaid
(C) Snow White's Scary Adventures
C would be my guess.

- Almost entirely indoor save for one or two abbreviated outdoor sections.
Don't know. More information is needed.

See above. At this point there is so little info out there, and the lid is clamped on so tight...:shrug:

DigitalDisney

Remember that this is basically sitting right in the middle of FLE. Crush's coaster may be a cool ride, but it's a huge box on the outside. Theming it would be challenging, to say the least.

I'm envisioning a terrain coaster that's basically a smaller version of BTMR, except with green grass, trees, and waterfalls instead of an arid desert with cacti. I suspect that it will have a show building somewhere, much like how there was a show building for the other M+Gs.

Maybe the show starts in a mine, you go past some scenes, and then there is a short, tame launch to escape some danger, such as the wicked witch. A lift hill could make the ride too tall, imo.

ChrisM

Remember that this is basically sitting right in the middle of FLE. Crush's coaster may be a cool ride, but it's a huge box on the outside. Theming it would be challenging, to say the least.

I'm envisioning a terrain coaster that's basically a smaller version of BTMR, except with green grass, trees, and waterfalls instead of an arid desert with cacti. I suspect that it will have a show building somewhere, much like how there was a show building for the other M+Gs.

Maybe the show starts in a mine, you go past some scenes, and then there is a short, tame launch to escape some danger, such as the wicked witch. A lift hill could make the ride too tall, imo.

That sounds very reasonable (terrain coaster, launch as an escape, etc), but I'm operating under the assumption that the vast majority of this ride will take place in a show building. I just can't fathom much of a ride like this being outdoors.

I'm further assuming that said building will be largely be disguised as some sort of foresty hill or knoll with associated rocky outcroppings/mine entrance. Perhaps the time has finally come for the MK's first "hill".

For starters: Not as intense, no spinning and it will use coaster trains, not individual cars.
They should use the cars from The Dark Knight roller coaster at Six Flags. 4 to a car, 2 per row. It keeps it intimate and the line moves fairly quickly since the load is similar to an Omnimover load. They can theme those cars to mine cars instead of subway cars.

:hammer:

IWant2GoNow

They should use the cars from The Dark Knight roller coaster at Six Flags. 4 to a car, 2 per row. It keeps it intimate and the line moves fairly quickly since the load is similar to an Omnimover load. They can theme those cars to mine cars instead of subway cars.

:hammer:

Ugh... I was so disappointed with that ride.

Once again it really reminded me of how well Disney does theming on almost all of their rides.

NoChesterHester

no spinning and it will use coaster trains, not individual cars.

The wife liked this... NO SPINNING... She can't take circular movement.

I don't know why everyone thinks it has to be indoors. Jungle Cruise is outside. Very fun, very heavily themed, and classic.

Don't forget 85% of Snow White takes place directly in the woods. The other scenes are in the Castle Courtyard, inside the Dwarf's House, and at the mine. Thematically, this could fit beautifully.

IWant2GoNow

The wife liked this... NO SPINNING... She can't take circular movement.

I don't know why everyone thinks it has to be indoors. Jungle Cruise is outside. Very fun, very heavily themed, and classic.

Don't forget 85% of Snow White takes place directly in the woods. The other scenes are in the Castle Courtyard, inside the Dwarf's House, and at the mine. Thematically, this could fit beautifully.

I think they are all concerned about seeing a coaster train shooting by in FF. More than likely they feel it will ruin the aesthetics of a peaceful forest setting. :shrug:

NoChesterHester

I think they are all concerned about seeing a coaster train shooting by in FF. More than likely they feel it will ruin the aesthetics of a peaceful forest setting. :shrug:

Good point, but from Lee's comments it doesn't sound like it will be "shooting" too fast.

In reality I don't know how tranquil any of it will be though. It is in the Magic Kingdom after all. Chaos will reign!

SeaCastle

If I m understanding this correctly, the ride will be an elaborate dark ride with a train ride vehicle instead of your typical 2x2 dark ride vehicle. Seeing as it won't be that intense, I wouldn't expect more than a few drops or tight turns. :shrug:

mgf

Looking at the concept art, which I know is just an interpretation, the original Cindy/Aurora complex was a giant rock formation. Given rock was always part of the plan, I am not so worried about the themeing. Seems easy to transition this into a mine in the woods scenario.

DisneyNut2007

Regardless, I still can't see them eliminating the Cinderella and Aurora houses altogether, especially since construction has already begun and since Tom Staggs and others have already clearly stated that everything that was announced as part of Phase 1 of the expansion are still going to proceed as planned, but with a few possible minor changes to broaden their appeal, as Staggs said.

As for Pixie Hollow, I can see us at least getting a scaled back version of it, with just a meet-and-greet area similar to the one at DL. And maybe the "Whirl and Twirl" ride with Cheese the mouse that was shown in the scale models.

And maybe the Dwarf mine coaster could be built between PH and the train station--it'd be a good location for it, IMO.

STOPPING TWISTING THE FACTS AND QUIT MAKING UP LIES, LEE!!!

lazyboy97o

If it were to provide a mng for princesses, they'd have to wear their peasant clothing - not their gowns. They'll be far outside the castle grounds, and will be in a Bavarian cottage/lodge area. I think Pixies would make sense though, since it's across from Peter Pan, which is where Tink started. Pixies can live anywhere. Princesses can't.
The old Skyway building is inside the Castle Courtyard area. Besides, why are princesses able to own a little retreat somewhere? I think only Cinderella would have spent any time in her peasant costume under the previous plan.

IWant2GoNow

Good point, but from Lee's comments it doesn't sound like it will be "shooting" too fast.

In reality I don't know how tranquil any of it will be though. It is in the Magic Kingdom after all. Chaos will reign!

Good point. I forgot I should have put the word peaceful in quotations. :lol:

_Scar

Looking at the concept art, which I know is just an interpretation, the original Cindy/Aurora complex was a giant rock formation. Given rock was always part of the plan, I am not so worried about the themeing. Seems easy to transition this into a mine in the woods scenario.

Well, it was a building with a rocky background. Rock wasn't center stage but instead complimentary to the architecture.

(man, it would have been nice to have both chateau and mine coaster)

Well, that should mean fast paced show scenes- and if they're on the scale of SWSA then :dazzle: ouch!

If I m understanding this correctly, the ride will be an elaborate dark ride with a train ride vehicle instead of your typical 2x2 dark ride vehicle. Seeing as it won't be that intense, I wouldn't expect more than a few drops or tight turns. :shrug:

What will be fun is figuring out the story! No villains and basically 7 emotions in a mine! What can a storyteller do with that? Hopefully something wonderful- but I just can't think of what!

Disneyson 1

What will be fun is figuring out the story! No villains and basically 7 emotions in a mine! What can a storyteller do with that? Hopefully something wonderful- but I just can't think of what!

If they're removing the Snow White ride in order to add this one, I'm sure there will be MANY similarities between the two.

If focusing on the Dwarfs, then Hi Ho will likely be a GIANT part of the ride (with the "We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in the mines" stuff), then logically the next scene is them meeting Snow White (maybe with "Whistle While You Work" and most definitely "The Silly Song"), then I suspect there should be at least a TASTE of the Queen with some sort of apple reference, then finally the whole scene where the Dwarfs attack the Witch. Then of course you have your happy ending, with the kiss and the ride off into the sunset with the dwarfs saying goodbye.

...OR it might just be the Dwarfs in the mine, the end. But if they're taking out SWSA, they must be attempting to include the character of Snow White in SOME capacity...

Tom

Beta Return
The old Skyway building is inside the Castle Courtyard area. Besides, why are princesses able to own a little retreat somewhere? I think only Cinderella would have spent any time in her peasant costume under the previous plan.

Hm. So, the area WEST of the new wall will be the castle grounds, and the area east/north is the "village"? I've had it backwards this whole time :hammer:

I don't think anyone will really want to meet Cindy in her rags anyway, so all the better :)

tirian

I'm envisioning something almost identical to Crush's Coaster from DLP but with more interspersed "slow" sections like at the beginning of the CC ride after the first outdoor back to indoor transition.

I'm also assuming the spinning aspect of CC would be retained in some fashion, if only for the purposes of providing for more direct viewing of show scenes.

I was only using Crush as an example of a dark ride balanced with coaster elements. The mine ride wouldn't spin or use separate cars.

EDIT: Lee beat me to it.

imagineer boy

If they're removing the Snow White ride in order to add this one, I'm sure there will be MANY similarities between the two.

If focusing on the Dwarfs, then Hi Ho will likely be a GIANT part of the ride (with the "We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in the mines" stuff), then logically the next scene is them meeting Snow White (maybe with "Whistle While You Work" and most definitely "The Silly Song"), then I suspect there should be at least a TASTE of the Queen with some sort of apple reference, then finally the whole scene where the Dwarfs attack the Witch. Then of course you have your happy ending, with the kiss and the ride off into the sunset with the dwarfs saying goodbye.

...OR it might just be the Dwarfs in the mine, the end. But if they're taking out SWSA, they must be attempting to include the character of Snow White in SOME capacity...

I'm guessing it will be almost exactly like the old SWSA but when it gets to the Dwarf's mine, that's when the rollercoaster section kicks in. Then after that the ride finnishes up like the old version. At least I hope that's what its like.

I really don't want it just to be about a rollercoaster through the mine and that's it. That'd be very boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom