What I think...as of today...for now...

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
While a D-ticket is being gained an Walt original and a MK original attraction is gone not good imo.
Nah...the Walt original is in DL. MK's just losing a clone, and not one of the better ones. It's a trade up.

I don't see why the princesses just don't go to the Skyway station now. But,as long as their area at SWSA is not permanent,I'm fine.
I'm a little vague on how that will play out. I could imagine them staying in SWSA, knowing how Disney defines "temporary".
Question-If the princesses go to Expo Hall,does that mean SWSA stays. Or do they go to Expo Hall-SWSA-Permanent spot?
IF the princesses go to Main St. (where there is space for them) it would only be temporary. They will have a home in Fantasyland.
I don't know of a scenario where SWSA stays.

I have high hopes for the mine "coaster," and I will withhold my criticisms of it, until we have more information to be able to criticize.
Agreed. Much more info is needed about the new ride. The term "coaster" is the only way I have heard it described, but it could well be something slightly different.
EDIT: One person has described it as a "mine car ride". Make of that what you will. I will change the original post to reflect that.

I'm hoping this is a kind of dark ride/family coaster-hybrid?
Me, too.

Mr. Spock

Nah...the Walt original is in DL. MK's just losing a clone, and not one of the better ones. It's a trade up.

I'm a little vague on how that will play out. I could imagine them staying in SWSA, knowing how Disney defines "temporary".

IF the princesses go to Main St. (where there is space for them) it would only be temporary. They will have a home in Fantasyland.
I don't know of a scenario where SWSA stays.

Agreed. Much more info is needed about the new ride.

Me, too.

I understand it was a clone what I meant by original was that it was there when MK opened.

NewfieFan

I do not see this as an improvement on what was promised at the D23 Expo. Especially the overwhelmingly derivative circus-land.

Seriously, this is not better and this is what happens when WDI gets run by committee. Everyone thinks they can out "WDI" WDI. But it never improves the product. You see this same mindset in the movie business. George Lucas created his own studio because of it.

Suits. :rolleyes:

But I thought the "circus-land" was basically the same thing we were "promised" at the D23 Expo!?!

We were always getting this heavily themed Dumbo area, it was on the leaked plans, the artists rendering, etc. Did Lee say anything to change this?

We knew we were getting double Dumbos, we assumed the Barnstormer was getting some sort of Dumbo retheme, and we assumed the train station was going to be themed to this area as well.

I don't see how what Lee is saying is any different from what we already knew and/or assumed before!?!

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
But I thought the "circus-land" was basically the same thing we were "promised" at the D23 Expo!?!
We were always getting this heavily themed Dumbo area, it was on the leaked plans, the artists rendering, etc. Did Lee say anything to change this?

We knew we were getting double Dumbos, we assumed the Barnstormer was getting some sort of Dumbo retheme, and we assumed the train station was going to be themed to this area as well.
Exactly. FLE east will fairly accurately reflect what was announced as phase 1 for that area.

The train station is a bit of a mystery.
Everything I have seen of it does not reflect a circus theme.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is it possible that one of the reasons for closing SWSA is to re-purpose some of the elements into the new ride?

When I hear about this Snow White mine ride I think of a great ride I used to go on when I was in Wildwood NJ called the Golden Nugget Mine Ride. This was a hybrid coaster/dark ride. Something along these lines would be very cool.

Dan

ToTBellHop

Exactly. FLE east will fairly accurately reflect what was announced as phase 1 for that area.

rebuilding the train station is surprising to me...didn't they just rebuild the whole thing a few years back? It seems to me throwing a circus tent over it would be a good money saver...and the theme would make sense.

DocMcHulk

thanks for all the hard work Lee. If I get any info from the person I told you about yesterday, I'll pass it along. but based on the amount of detail you've provided, I doubt I'll be able to add much to the conversation.

NewfieFan

Oh, sorry... guess I made that one up... but the idea was thrown around here wasn't it (at least in the early rumor/discussing stage)!?!

Evil Genius

Is it possible that one of the reasons for closing SWSA is to re-purpose some of the elements into the new ride?

When I hear about this Snow White mine ride I think of a great ride I used to go on when I was in Wildwood NJ called the Golden Nugget Mine Ride. This was a hybrid coaster/dark ride. Something along these lines would be very cool.

Dan

Kind of the same idea I had on the mine ride.

FYI...your link is RIDDLED with malware!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Ham

Agreed. Much more info is needed about the new ride. The term "coaster" is the only way I have heard it described, but it could well be something slightly different.
EDIT: One person has described it as a "mine car ride". Make of that what you will. I will change the original post to reflect that.

Me, too.

Sorry I haven't really kept up with all the Mine Car chat that has gone on recently, probably didn't want to get my hopes up, but is there any chance (risk) of this being a re-hashed Crush's Coaster from Disney Paris (hopefully without the spinning)?

That ride is very 'bouncy' for the want of a better word and is exactly how I would imagine a mine ride, just replace all the sea effects with caves and dwarves.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Unknown

Good thought. Could be.
Also the Calico Mine Ride at Knotts Berry Farm and Blazing Fury at Dollywood come to mind.

DocMcHulk

Blue Sky planning began back in 2006. The project went through a few different phases, concepts plugged in, pulled out, etc. Until they settled on what we saw last year with the blueprints and then the art/model.
The new SW ride was an early concept that was pulled in favor of the M&Gs. Thankfully, cooler heads have prevailed.

Speaking of the blueprints, are the "double dumbos" going to be on the north or south of the FLE East? The blue prints had them north, but the artwork had them south.

Evil Genius

Unknown

Good thought. Could be.
Also the Calico Mine Ride at Knotts Berry Farm and Blazing Fury at Dollywood come to mind.

If it was designed along the lines of Blazing Fury at Dollywood I would be beyond happy...that's such a unique ride! I can only imagine what WDI could do with the concept.

Mr. Spock

I am not sure I buy some of this. Looks like way too much Dumbo, More likely that there will be a wall behind the Casey Jr. stuff and nothing behind it for now.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Speaking of the blueprints, are the "double dumbos" going to be on the north or south of the FLE East? The blue prints had them north, but the artwork had them south.
I'm told south.
I have some documentation from last fall showing them between the curve in the Speedway and Barnstormer. That seems to be the current plan.

I am not sure I buy some of this. Looks like way too much Dumbo, More likely that there will be a wall behind the Casey Jr. stuff and nothing behind it for now.
Possible. I could see them holding some space aside for a small Phase 2 over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom