What I think...as of today...for now...

njDizFan

Grizzly_Hall I belive is who he is mentioning. He seemed "trollesque" at times and a lot of posters gave him a hard time so he claimed he would retire from posting after 1000 posts.

I don't believe Mr. Spock is him because he would have posted something about being excited for "more thrills". :rolleyes:
Correct ,I was refering to Grizzly_hall. Wow almost forgot about General Grizz. Sorry for the confusion. It just seems a little sereptitious.

IWant2GoNow

Lee, thanks as always for providing us with what info you can. I know you've been working extremely hard on uncovering all of this and you've managed to stick to these boards and give us constant updates. I, and I'm sure a lot of others, appreciate it.

I do have a question concerning FLE East. Does this mean TTF is a permanent area since it fits the circus theme or are there still plans to bulldoze and put something else in?

I enjoy all of the Dumbo things we are getting, but that, plus the TTF area is just a bit much IMHO.

Thanks! :wave:

ToTBellHop

Lee, thanks as always for providing us with what info you can. I know you've been working extremely hard on uncovering all of this and you've managed to stick to these boards and give us constant updates. I, and I'm sure a lot of others, appreciate it.

I do have a question concerning FLE East. Does this mean TTF is a permanent area since it fits the circus theme or are there still plans to bulldoze and put something else in?

I enjoy all of the Dumbo things we are getting, but that, plus the TTF area is just a bit much IMHO.

Thanks! :wave:
The dumbo circus tents will be REPLACING the TTF tents...

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Do you see this being something along the line of The Mummy in UNi?
No. Not at all.
Much more family friendly, less intense, and better themed.

TTF will no longer exist in it's current form.

The dumbo circus tents will be REPLACING the TTF tents...
Yes. Probably. I'm hearing that Dumbo's Circus will incorporate the TTF area, or at least much of it.
There could be some room left for future expansion.

CTXRover

Thanks Lee for keeping us as updated as you can.

You may or may not be able to answer any of this, so I understand. Given your best guesses, what you've heard or seen do you know any of the following regarding the probable SW mine coaster ride:
1. Is it a primarily outdoors coaster? Specifically, do you expect one to see coaster supports (i.e. Barnstormer) with the train cars riding in and out of caves/mines and the trees?
2. Is it an entirely indoor/enclosed coaster?
3. Perhaps it is a mix of indoor and outdoors? If outdoors, will it be apparent it is a coaster or will it be more themed (i.e. supports covered by rocks or rides along the terrain)
4. Any actual show scenes planned or will it primarily be ride-through of sets/trees/mines? (do you think we'll see the Dwarves and SW?)
5. Last, I appreciate you answering a question I had before in terms of whether this replacement will have the same sense of place and themeing as the original released plans did. Knowing a little more now, do you still feel that this area will be highly themed?

It sounds like this was the original plan and then may have been axed for budgetary reasons. Now that its back, I'm hopeful that it was the better of the two plans. Another ride always gets a thumbs up in my book, so it sounds like it is in the right direction.

I can also understand closing SWSA if another SW ride opens. Probably don't need two and if it is a better telling of the story or adventure, than I'm all for it.

Thank you again.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
1. Is it a primarily outdoors coaster? Specifically, do you expect one to see coaster supports (i.e. Barnstormer) with the train cars riding in and out of caves/mines and the trees?
2. Is it an entirely indoor/enclosed coaster?
3. Perhaps it is a mix of indoor and outdoors? If outdoors, will it be apparent it is a coaster or will it be more themed (i.e. supports covered by rocks or rides along the terrain)
4. Any actual show scenes planned or will it primarily be ride-through of sets/trees/mines? (do you think we'll see the Dwarves and SW?)
5. Last, I appreciate you answering a question I had before in terms of whether this replacement will have the same sense of place and themeing as the original released plans did. Knowing a little more now, do you still feel that this area will be highly themed?
1-4 - No idea. I suspect the ride will be mostly indoor, but some outdoor.
5- Yes. Very highly themed.

imagineer boy

I can defintaely say this is an improvement over what was planned before. I still have few critiques.

First off, hooray the fairies are dead! :sohappy: That franchise will die in a few years time and people would be clueless about the land in ten years. Although personally, I'm not all that thrilled with the whole east side being Dumbo Circus land. I honestly can't help but think of Dinorama. I still would prefer that they just kept toon town and have dueling dumbos built off to the side of the entrance. But its still better than fairies.

I'm mixed on Snow White leaving. I think the coaster sounds cool since it will both be a dark ride and coaster hybrid. But I'd hate to see the ride replaced by princesses. Just put the princesses in the sky way station! Its perfect. But Lee said they were temporary and that a new ride would replace it later.

Perhaps the coaster will be very gentle along the lines of the Casey Jr. coaster at DLP. Does that sound right Lee?

However I am very glad Cinderella and Aurora's houses are going. Those were total wastes of space.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
You know...if they really wanted to add some capacity, and have some extra room over in FLE east...
They could just look back into Disneyland's past and resurrect...
The Mickey Mouse Club Circus!
MMCC_Reel1_856C_1L.jpg

Nah....just kidding. Won't happen.

ms7479a

I have to say that I like the new changes, not only because of what is coming now but also for the possibility of more additions in the future. From the sounds of it, it seems that there is the possibility of something coming to the old skyway building (maybe a permanenet M&G for the princesses), a new attraction taking the place of SWSA (once the princesses move out), and something where the proposed Pixie Hollow was going to go. This is just speculation on my part, but maybe all of these could be part of a phase 2?

ToTBellHop

I can defintaely say this is an improvement over what was planned before. I still have few critiques.

First off, hooray the fairies are dead! :sohappy: That franchise will die in a few years time and people would be clueless about the land in ten years. Although personally, I'm not all that thrilled with the whole east side being Dumbo Circus land. I honestly can't help but think of Dinorama. I still would prefer that they just kept toon town and have dueling dumbos built off to the side of the entrance. But its still better than fairies.

I'm mixed on Snow White leaving. I think the coaster sounds cool since it will both be a dark ride and coaster hybrid. But I'd hate to see the ride replaced by princesses. Just put the princesses in the sky way station! Its perfect. But Lee said they were temporary and that a new ride would replace it later.

Perhaps the coaster will be very gentle along the lines of the Casey Jr. coaster at DLP. Does that sound right Lee?

However I am very glad Cinderella and Aurora's houses are going. Those were total wastes of space.
Staggs said himself that THRILLS were being introduced, which suggests this won't be a gentle coaster. Family friendly, but not gentle. A mine ride SHOULD have at least some thrill...and given the theme, it could also be a very pretty ride. There are some very pretty scenes in the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride at TDS that come to mind (I realize this ride will be no where near the scope of JttCotE--my point is Disney has made some very impressive cave-themed rides in the past).

DocMcHulk

I have to say that I like the new changes, not only because of what is coming now but also for the possibility of more additions in the future. From the sounds of it, it seems that there is the possibility of something coming to the old skyway building (maybe a permanenet M&G for the princesses), a new attraction taking the place of SWSA (once the princesses move out), and something where the proposed Pixie Hollow was going to go. This is just speculation on my part, but maybe all of these could be part of a phase 2?

Even if the Skyway M&G, new SWSA building ride, and former pixie hallow area attractions are "blue sky", that still give WDI a great deal of flexibility in the future over what they had with the original FLE plans.

_Scar

Wow! I can't believe it!

In other threads, I at first was very confident about the mine coaster but then doubted as the days went on. Very glad it's real! Is there concept art coming soon?

jumblue

picture.php

In light of the Jim Hill Article, and some of the conversation here pertaining to the M&G's this pic should be helpful. There's a fair amount of space there (should have kept the carousel in the crop, there's space for two in the woods and skyway).

They could easily sandwich the M&G's "house" between HM and IASW, have a queue wind through a garden or woody area, and still have enough room to reroute traffic around/through the little shop by the HM entrance.

lebeau

Thank for the infor Lee. This was kind of what I thought since Raven brought up the closing of an exisitng Fantasyland attraction to be repurposed for meet and greets. I think this is a great substitution.. SWSA is a great attraction but with a very small appeal. Too scary for younger kids and kind of bland for the rest of us.

Let's hope something officially gets announced and we see some artwork. I am dying to see if this is an e-tick, a thrill ride, dark ride or something between a barnstromer and BTM.

If this is correct, then I think I was the first person to correctly decipher Raven's clues. (Yay me!)

Also, no egg on my face from Alice in Wonderland or some other off the wall property.

From a prognosticating standpoint, this would bode well for me. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom