What I think...as of today...for now...

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
OK.
After endless emails, pm's, and a couple phone calls, I'm gonna lay out what I see as happening with FLE. It hasn't been easy to get any info or confirmation. Lips are sealed pretty tight about the whole FLE v2.0.

I will update/modify it as needed, which hopefully won't be too much.

If anyone finds fault with it, feel free to chime in. (But keep it to facts or very good info. Let's leave opinion out of this thread.)

So here we go, based on a metric ton of rumor and good info:

FLE East will be almost entirely "Dumbo's Circus" themed. Double Dumbo ("Dumbo's Big Top"), rethemed Barnstormer (likely clowns), rethemed train station, Casey Jr food stand, and a fairly major merch location.

Tents will go due to their current condition being not all that good, but will likely be replaced by more tents.

Pixie Hollow (in all it's early concept forms) is dead.

FLE West will have the biggest change from the original plan.

Mermaid and BatB areas are proceeding as planned.

Cindy/Aurora M&G complex is dead.

The large space where they were going will in fact be the Snow White/Dwarf coaster/mine car ride.

Snow White's Scary Adventure will close, providing a home for the wayward princesses. This looks to possibly be a temporary move, perhaps using the recycled name of Fantasyland Character Festival.

This will allow them to have somewhere to do M&Gs while a new area is built, perhaps over in the old Skyway station spot. The SWSA show building would then be changed into a new attraction.

Tink and the Pixies....not sure.

EDIT: Chance the princesses may move in with Mick and Min on Main St for a bit while their new home is being prepared. Depends on the timeframe of how long they keep TTF open.

Ok...there you have it. As of Monday, August 23, 2010 at 9:20 in the am.
Refute it. Deny it. Prove it. Love it or hate it.

Evil Genius

Where would you place all this outstanding information on the Legit-o-Meter Lee?

Oh and any idea on whether the mine coaster would be an adult coaster or one more juvenile/family style?

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Where would you place all this outstanding information on the Legit-o-Meter Lee?

Oh and any idea on whether the mine coaster would be an adult coaster or one more juvenile/family style?
If I didn't think it was pretty damn legit, I wouldn't post it. Confidence is high.

The coaster would be family friendly, but not as "kiddie" as Barnstormer.
Say, somewhere between Barnstormer and BTM, I guess.

Oh...and what about that Adv Club nugget you casually dropped out there the other day....?

njDizFan

Thank for the infor Lee. This was kind of what I thought since Raven brought up the closing of an exisitng Fantasyland attraction to be repurposed for meet and greets. I think this is a great substitution.. SWSA is a great attraction but with a very small appeal. Too scary for younger kids and kind of bland for the rest of us.

Let's hope something officially gets announced and we see some artwork. I am dying to see if this is an e-tick, a thrill ride, dark ride or something between a barnstromer and BTM.

WDWmazprty

Awesome Lee! :sohappy:

Im not a huge Dumbo fan, so FLE East will be ok for me. Im more excited to see BatB come to life along with that mine coaster. :D

jt04

They really need to stop everything and reevaluate. A good place to start would be my AI musings :eek:. A large Circus-land is a failure. That is as unimaginative as it gets for what should be the premiere castle park. Weak, weak, weak!

So we are left with the info you have gathered vs. what Staggs says. Someone is mistaken....er........I guess I'll keep it nice. :wave:

Thanks Lee, I'm adding my ideas to the Imagineering thread soon. They crush the concepts you are hearing. Just being real.

Kiff

I like it. Much better then the previous plans. Still was kinda hoping for something else on the east side but that is a minor issue. It sucks to lose Snow White to a M&G but if it's just temporary and a "better" ride featuring her story is going just across the way, it's win win.

Thanks Lee. It certainly has been an interesting few days as all this info has come out.

jt04

I like it. Much better then the previous plans. Still was kinda hoping for something else on the east side but that is a minor issue. It sucks to lose Snow White to a M&G but if it's just temporary and a "better" ride featuring her story is going just across the way, it's win win.

Thanks Lee. It certainly has been an interesting few days as all this info has come out.

How is it better? A "C" ticket kiddie coaster in a warehouse with some blacklight cardboard cutouts instead of one of the most amazingly themed "lands" WDI has ever conceptualized?! No, not better in any way.

Evil Genius

How is it better? A "C" ticket kiddie coaster in a warehouse with some blacklight cardboard cutouts instead of one of the most amazingly themed "lands" WDI has ever conceptualized?! No, not better in any way.

How the hell do you get the bold info above from what Lee said???

orky8

A "C" ticket kiddie coaster in a warehouse with some blacklight cardboard cutouts.

Wow, all this time I thought you were just a PITA, I didn't realize you had hard facts about the situation. Please tell. So, they are building a completely square warehouse building in the middle of fantasyland that will have 4 grey undecorated walls. If you had this inside info, JT, why didn't you share it earlier?

Or, is is possible they are building a Snow White/Dwarf cottage where Cindy/Aurora was going to go with a cool mine shaft next to it in a forest with amazing theming. So, instead of two houses in a forest we now have a beautiful cottage and a cool mine. I don't have your inside info, JT, but I guess I just have a wild imagination.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
A "C" ticket kiddie coaster in a warehouse with some blacklight cardboard cutouts....

And you've seen the plans?
No? Didn't think so.

It'll be much better than that, I assure you.;)

Again, let's keep this thread free of any wild speculation or opinion.
Just the facts.
Just+the+Facts.jpg

jt04

How the hell do you get the bold info above from what Lee said???

If they are giving us Circus-land in the east then they are going cheap. What attractions have they added recently that indicates anything different? I thought the FLE was a turning point and WDW was going to start getting the same consideration that DLR gets. But alas, the man who was trying to make that happen was 'reassigned'. Now we are getting circus-land and a dumbed down FLE. Sad day.

SpaceMountainUK

Just a thought but all this talk of mine coasters etc....If they really have ditched Cindy/Aurora and are designing a new ride for that space do you think there is a possibility that they just may use the Grizzly Coaster being built in HKDL? Judging by the scenes and concept art for this ride if they basically rethemed the scenes to include the Dwarfs they would have a Dwarf Mine Train coaster and most importantly this eliminates the development time it takes to design a new worthy attraction to take that space, considering it has been said that everything is still going to open for the 2012-2013 time frame. Of course this coaster has similarities to both BTM and EE so who knows!

Evil Genius

If they are giving us Circus-land in the east then they are going cheap. What attractions have they added recently that indicates anything different? I thought the FLE was a turning point and WDW was going to start getting the same consideration that DLR gets. But alas, the man who was trying to make that happen was 'reassigned'. Now we are getting circus-land and a dumbed down FLE. Sad day.

You have...ZERO clue as to what ANY of it will result in looking like so if I were you I'd steer clue from just making brash assertions simply because you're not personally keen on the theming.

Besides, I was speaking specifically on your statement that the mine coaster would be in a warehouse with black light cut-outs. I mean honestly...I you just typing everything you pull out of your heiny now???

goonie007

If I didn't think it was pretty damn legit, I wouldn't post it. Confidence is high.

The coaster would be family friendly, but not as "kiddie" as Barnstormer.
Say, somewhere between Barnstormer and BTM, I guess.

Oh...and what about that Adv Club nugget you casually dropped out there the other day....?

I too would like some info about this :wave:

And thank you as always Lee

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
If they really have ditched Cindy/Aurora and are designing a new ride for that space do you think there is a possibility that they just may use the Grizzly Coaster being built in HKDL?
Though I would love that....
Not enough room, I don't think...

jt04

Just a thought but all this talk of mine coasters etc....If they really have ditched Cindy/Aurora and are designing a new ride for that space do you think there is a possibility that they just may use the Grizzly Coaster being built in HKDL? Judging by the scenes and concept art for this ride if they basically rethemed the scenes to include the Dwarfs they would have a Dwarf Mine Train coaster and most importantly this eliminates the development time it takes to design a new worthy attraction to take that space, considering it has been said that everything is still going to open for the 2012-2013 time frame. Of course this coaster has similarities to both BTM and EE so who knows!

Why don't they just grafetti the Louvre? Same thing. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom