What I think...as of today...for now...

Cosmic Commando

Perhaps they could put the show building for a Liberty Square ride in the Skyway plot, have the entrance in LS with a Fantasyland-appropriate facade in Fantasyland. There could even be space to have a very small M&G or stroller parking garage in Fland.

lazyboy97o

Perhaps they could put the show building for a Liberty Square ride in the Skyway plot, have the entrance in LS with a Fantasyland-appropriate facade in Fantasyland. There could even be space to have a very small M&G or stroller parking garage in Fland.
The only problem I see with this plan is that, by adding a new entrance and exit, a greater bottleneck might be created.

SeaCastle

They are being scraped due to being garbage concepts. Nobody is going to Disney World for meet and greets sorry

Have you seen any of the queues for meet and greets across the resort? Our family doesn't do meet and greets, and I'm assuming your family doesn't as well, but there are tons of people visiting the parks who do.

jt04

They are being scraped due to being garbage concepts. Nobody is going to Disney World for meet and greets sorry

Garbage? Maybe in your eyes. But it seems the more detailed and thought out the m&g's become the more popular they are.

One of the things that the new management team brought with them was an awareness that people want a more participatory theme park experience. The days of passive dark rides is diminishing in the age of interactive gaming and entertainment on demand.

So, of course nobody goes to WDW solely for the m&g's but it is a huge part of many people's experience and it is a growing trend.

Does this mean the end of traditional dark rides? Obviously not. But the new ones will be fewer and fewer.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Seems to me that it would be fairly easy to have a dark ride where you watch a story line played out involving the character in question. The exit to the attraction dumps you out into the standard gift shop where you find a que on the opposite side to meet said character.......not rocket science. Both are achievable.

inluvwithbeast

If it's totally segergated from the rest of Fantsyland it might not be so bad, but I still think it's going to look cheap. I know it fits the theme of Dumbo, and I really shouldn't be judging it before it is even built. I just keep thinking of the tent at MTTF, and how it just didn't feel like WDW to me. This is just my opinion, and I can't help how I feel about it.

I guess I understand where you are coming from. I mean, the only thing "fantasy" about Dumbo is that he has large ears enabling him to fly. The rest is pretty standard circus-y things. I just feel like it won't be as out of place as MTTF though. That always looked thrown in to me. Like "Oh! Let's do this. But where do we put it? Oh there's some room over here. Kinda work it in, like so."

WDWFigment

By the way, did anyone notice how certain sections were completely blocked out of the computer-rendered FLE layout presented at the NASA conference? Everything not shown is being replaced.

I just now discovered this thread/news today (I always forget about this damned subforum). After starting to get a headache after only reading through the last 6 pages (I figured I might as well go backwards), I still haven't found this (saw it quoted on the last page). Can someone provide a link or something so that I don't have to endure countless more pages of drama?

Please. Please!

goonie007

I just now discovered this thread/news today (I always forget about this damned subforum). After starting to get a headache after only reading through the last 6 pages (I figured I might as well go backwards), I still haven't found this (saw it quoted on the last page). Can someone provide a link or something so that I don't have to endure countless more pages of drama?

Please. Please!

This was on CSPAN 2, as part of the NASA Information Technology Summit.

The first video is Little Mermaid attraction design,second is the expansion in general:

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/230891

Go to 1:09:40 in the first,1:43:15 in the second.

Interesting to note that Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are the only areas shown. This includes the Belle meet and greet,so it is safe to say that is a go.

Credit goes to WDW Vacationer
user_offline.gif

WDWMAGIC Guest

DisneyNut2007

I still think that what could (and should) be done is keep the Cindy and Aurora experiences in tact, build a scaled-down Pixie Hollow (as just a meet-and-greet area similar to DL's) and put the Dwarfs' Mine Coaster closer to the train station, across the street from the Dumbo's Circus area.

Like JT, I really am hoping that all the new beauty, architecture and aesthetics that they said would be coming to Fantasyland will still be coming, regardless of attraction offerings.

After all, not everything has to be an E-Ticket. And some guests DO come to WDW for opportunities to meet and interact with the characters, so they have every right to build all the meet-and-greets they want...except that the Belle, Cindy and Aurora experiences WILL NOT be merely standard meet-and-greets and do not deserve to be dismissed as such, since they will be immersive full-fledged attractions/experiences.

Again, I still believe that Cindy's chateau, Aurora's cottage and Pixie Hollow will still be include in the FLE one way or another.

And I'll stand by that belief until they make an official saying that they've been scrapped...and they have yet to do so!

tirian

Please. Please!

Yeah, I barely read online forums at any site anymore. I check to see if anything is interesting, but I basically just skim.

I respect Steve more than any other non-official site's webmaster, but I'm weary of the fanboy fights on every Disney website (Magic, Age, Laughing, etc).

jt04

This was on CSPAN 2, as part of the NASA Information Technology Summit.

The first video is Little Mermaid attraction design,second is the expansion in general:

Go to 1:09:40 in the first,1:43:15 in the second.

Interesting to note that Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are the only areas shown. This includes the Belle meet and greet,so it is safe to say that is a go.

Credit goes to WDW Vacationer
user_offline.gif

WDWMAGIC Guest

Thanks for the links!

jt04

I'm surprised this isn't all over the other Disney boards yet lol

It's been up for like a week

WDWMagic also had the SM audio news here before anyone else. Including Disney's own site!!! :lol:

WDWMagic is THE place for Disney news.

inluvwithbeast

I'm surprised this isn't all over the other Disney boards yet lol

It's been up for like a week

I've seen it on one other board, which kinda surprised me actually because it's not a board usually rife with rumor and speculation. However, it definitely did not receive the attention there that it did here. That's why I come here for all my speculation. :p

Go WDWmagic! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom