What I think...as of today...for now...

JustInTime

I was thinking the same as well. It'd be a shame to lose a counter-service restaurant, but I'm assuming it's staying because it is part of the BatB area.

Yeah, I am hoping they keep the complete BatB area. I am itching so bad to know what has changed on the plans.

Magenta Panther

Perhaps a bit OT, but someone on another forum (in response to ideas to even out the heavy dose of estrogen in FLE) suggested some kind of Sleepy Hollow attraction to be added, probably where the FL Skyway stands, or even somewhere in FL Forest. IMO it's a lovely idea and much more gender-neutral. Thoughts?

I think Sleepy Hollow would make an awesome dark ride!

Animaniac93-98

Sleepy Hollow wouldn't fit in FL because its a very American story. Would feel pretty out of place in a European fairy tale themed area.

Which is interesting because it apparently was once considered for MK's Fantasyland. If true, then the original design team probably didn't have a problem with that.

Sleepy Hollow, Sleeping Beauty and Mary Poppins would all make great dark rides, along with The Black Cauldron and Enchanted IMO.

NoChesterHester

Does anyone remember exactly what is missing?

I just re-watched the presentation again. He shows the aerial rendering a couple times, and when he does so specifically mentions "BatB, Little Mermaid, Dumbo"... NOTHING about Cindy or Aurora.

In the second video they show the concept renderings of the individual attractions, but again the Cindy and Aurora buildings are definitely not featured. When he talks about meet and greet he talks only about Belle's encounter, no Cinderella, no Aurora.

In the BIM model they either cut before the camera rotates to the foreground area, or it is blank. The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast complexes are clearly visible in all the BIM model shots. I looked hard for the dumbo in the background of any of the BIM Model images, the camera never panned that direction.

Captain Chaos

I just re-watched the presentation again. He shows the aerial rendering a couple times, and when he does so specifically mentions "BatB, Little Mermaid, Dumbo"... NOTHING about Cindy or Aurora.

In the second video they show the concept renderings of the individual attractions, but again the Cindy and Aurora buildings are definitely not featured. When he talks about meet and greet he talks only about Belle's encounter, no Cinderella, no Aurora.

In the BIM model they either cut before the camera rotates to the foreground area, or it is blank. The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast complexes are clearly visible in all the BIM model shots. I looked hard for the dumbo in the background of any of the BIM Model images, the camera never panned that direction.

I re-watched as well... I don't think we can really take much out of it though...

jt04

I guess they are scrapping them. I wonder if this is due to the limitations of nextgen tech. Perhaps they are rethinking this based on rethinking RFID and how it will ultimately be deployed.

Thanks for the info. The potential for the 'island complex' that is somewhat depicted in the artist concepts continues to stoke my imagination. It could be a potter swatter if they choose it to be.

SeaCastle

My favorite point in the video is when he goes to say "Meet..." and then stops himself and stutters for a few seconds. It makes me wonder if it was intentional. :lol:

lazyboy97o

Sleepy Hollow wouldn't fit in FL because its a very American story. Would feel pretty out of place in a European fairy tale themed area.
Sleeping Hollow would fit perfectly well if it was incorporated as part of the transition between Fantasyland and Liberty Square. Fantasyland is Fantasyland, not the European Storybook Showcase. At Disneyland Paris, Peter Pan's Flight is in Fantasyland, and right next door in Adventureland is Jolly Roger and Skull Rock, with Pirates of the Caribbean to the immediate north.

imagineer boy

If they were ever to have a Sleepy Hollow dark ride, I think it would be better off in Liberty Square. It would fit a lot better there, however I'm not sure there's room.

Captain Neo

I guess they are scrapping them. I wonder if this is due to the limitations of nextgen tech. Perhaps they are rethinking this based on rethinking RFID and how it will ultimately be deployed.

They are being scraped due to being garbage concepts. Nobody is going to Disney World for meet and greets sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom