What I think...as of today...for now...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
"Possible" is not, and rarely is, the point.
That stuff is all armchair imagineering, which is mostly pointless unless you're playing Rollercoaster Tycoon.:lol:

Remember your target audience there, Lee.....:dazzle:

jt04

"Possible" is not, and rarely is, the point.
That stuff is all armchair imagineering, which is mostly pointless unless you're playing Rollercoaster Tycoon.:lol:

When looking at the artwork there does seem to be a massive show building. Much bigger that what would have been necessary for what they announced. So are you saying the mine train was an original part of the concept and was just not "leaked" until now? I mean couldn't they just build the mine train in the canceled PH area rather than scrap the chateau and mill they promised everyone at the D23 Expo?

It seems to be it would be easy to build both seperately if they never planned for them to share the same footprint rather than disappointing one group or another by only building one concept.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
When looking at the artwork there does seem to be a massive show building. Much bigger that what would have been necessary for what they announced. So are you saying the mine train was an original part of the concept and was just not "leaked" until now? I mean couldn't they just build the mine train in the canceled PH area rather than scrap the chateau and mill they promised everyone at the D23 Expo?

It seems to be it would be easy to build both seperately if they never planned for them to share the same footprint rather than disappointing one group or another by only building one concept.

The Cindy show building was only big enough for a couple of matching show spaces.
The mine ride was one of Eric Jacobson's early concepts, and was designed to go in the Cindy/Aurora spot, where it's going now.

jt04

The Cindy show building was only big enough for a couple of matching show spaces.
The mine ride was one of Eric Jacobson's early concepts, and was designed to go in the Cindy/Aurora spot, where it's going now.

So we should clear our minds of anything we saw during the FLE panel at last year's D23 except dumbo? :shrug:

Perhaps we need an MiB memory eraser flash thingy. :dazzle:

aladdin2007

It would be cool if it had both indoor and outdoor components. Show scenes inside ala darkride,,,but then go outside a little bit as well. Kinda like the alice ride in disneyland I guess. Will be fun to see how it progresses and what details come about in the coming months.

huntzilla

So we should clear our minds of anything we saw during the FLE panel at last year's D23 except dumbo? :shrug:

Perhaps we need an MiB memory eraser flash thingy. :dazzle:

OMG jt, why are you so in love with the M&G's? Honestly, everyone has said time and time again that the M&G's are dead, yet you still persist! Now, your saying that the Chateau should be a facade for the Mine Car Ride, how does that even make sense? Btw, Disney is allowed to change their minds, and they obviously have. Why must you go on and on when your obviously wrong? Boo hoo, things have changed since the D23 expo.

I don't understand why people mark grizz as a troll with all of jt's incessant ramblings. I've always admired your optimism jt, but just give it up.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Forget all but Mermaid and BatB complexes, Dumbo, Barnstormer, new train station and lots of pretty theming.

It would be cool if it had both indoor and outdoor components. Show scenes inside ala darkride,,,but then go outside a little bit as well. Kinda like the alice ride in disneyland I guess.
All very possible.

David S.

Regarding the Cinderella Chateau being cancelled, I remember the new Cindy meet and greet was part of the speculation as to why the Carousel name was changed (because there would be too much Cinderella). Hopefully now that it's been canceled, they can go back to calling Cinderella's Golden Carousel "Cinderella's Golden Carousel"! And hopefully they could then put the mice back up on the sign! ;)

jt04

OMG jt, why are you so in love with the M&G's? Honestly, everyone has said time and time again that the M&G's are dead, yet you still persist! Now, your saying that the Chateau should be a facade for the Mine Car Ride, how does that even make sense? Btw, Disney is allowed to change their minds, and they obviously have. Why must you go on and on when your obviously wrong? Boo hoo, things have changed since the D23 expo.

I don't understand why people mark grizz as a troll with all of jt's incessant ramblings. I've always admired your optimism jt, but just give it up.

A chateau would be something to look at as opposed to a ............. rocky pile of stonework. We are talking about a massive area. It will need something. What do you suggest, a mount rushmore with the dwarves faces?

What Lee is saying is far beyond "changes at the margins" and now we are still stuck with circusland. No, I'm not liking the direction this is headed. A utilidor level dark ride and the announced m&g's w/aethetics should be what we are demanding. THAT is a "win-win"

Besides, someone needs to speak for the m&g crowd since most of them can't type yet. If that is my calling, so be it.

TP2000

I mean couldn't they just build the mine train in the canceled PH area rather than scrap the chateau and mill they promised everyone at the D23 Expo?

jt, I admire your tenacity, but it bugs me when people say that someothing was "promised" to them by a company. Disney didn't enter into any legally binding agreements on what would be in the FLE. It's a minor miracle it's still happening considering the state of the economy and lack of any recovery in the forseeable future, quite frankly. There were "green shoots" back in '09 when this was announced, remember?

That said, at least we still have the video of Jay Rasulo announcing FLE at the D23 Expo in Anaheim last year. I just watched this video again, and forgot how HILARIOUS it is with all the super-fans gasping and cheering and oohing and ahhing over Rasulo's 4 minute presentation. Listen to the crowd reactions and prepare to laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

But, at least we do have Rasulo calling Little Mermaid "a real E Ticket!". And that one is still in the plans! Lets' just hope the mine coaster queue doesn't impact the queue for Mermaid next door. :D

jt04

jt, I admire your tenacity, but it bugs me when people say that someothing was "promised" to them by a company. Disney didn't enter into any legally binding agreements on what would be in the FLE. It's a minor miracle it's still happening considering the state of the economy and lack of any recovery in the forseeable future, quite frankly.

That said, at least we still have the video of Jay Rasulo announcing FLE at the D23 Expo in Anaheim last year. I just watched this video again, and forgot how HILARIOUS it is with all the super-fans gasping and cheering and oohing and ahhing over Rasulo's 4 minute presentation. Listen to the crowd reactions and prepare to laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

But, at least we do have Rasulo calling Little Mermaid "a real E Ticket!". And that one is still in the plans! Lets' just hope the mine coaster queue doesn't impact the queue for Mermaid next door. :D

Well obviously the intended audience of the m&g's does not understand cynical bait and switch business practices. Especially coming from Disney.

No, I think putting stuff out there and then saying, "nevermind" to appease the fanboy community is bad business and since D23 was the venue used....bad show also.

mightynine

Besides, someone needs to speak for the m&g crowd since most of them can't type yet. If that is my calling, so be it.

This has to be a joke. Please tell me this is a joke.

Please.

Note: I know it's not

imagineer boy

A chateau would be something to look at as opposed to a ............. rocky pile of stonework. We are talking about a massive area. It will need something. What do you suggest, a mount rushmore with the dwarves faces?

Well Lee has been saying it might be a mix of the old dark ride and the roller coaster part assumedly would happen during the journey through the Dwarf's mine. So the exterior possible could resemble DL's dark ride facade with the German castle look.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Changing plans after announcement is not is a new thing.
See: Beastlie Kingdomme, Western River, Liberty Street, Edison Square, etc.

dhall

I hate to use pirates as a comparison, since folks might get the wrong idea.

You're right about not comparing to pirates for depth of theming comparisons, but I think the person who made the reference might have been trying to get at how hight the drop is. I'm assuming they can't build too high in that spot without blowing forced perspective on B&tB, so how much of a lift can they get?

Of course, they could have more of the higher sections at the other end of the ride, (closer to the teacups) so the sight lines from the castle exit don't clash. If there's any rockwork involved, that'd be closer to TLM, which I think had some cliffy/rocky exteriors as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom