What I think...as of today...for now...

cblodg

We're 22 pages past that point. I doubt even Lee believed that request was going to be honored.

:drevil:

Yup. You can't post info on here without it being debated, unless the thread gets locked right after it's posted and the only people who can do that are Moderators and Administrators.

WDWGoof07

Per Lee's request, can we keep this thread to FACTS only and leave the speculation/opinions out? This thread is already at 23 pages long in just 1 day, and it's a challenge to scroll through to find the facts.

There are many FLE threads out there for some of these debates. Just keep them out of this one.

Again, Lee started this thread as a place to share new information. Not debate it.
I think not allowing speculation and opinions is impractical, but, for the sake of making the facts easy to find, we could either:
  1. Update the first post to reflect any changes or new facts
  2. Or sticky a post to the top of the FLE board and lock it right away

CarlFredricksen

I think not allowing speculation and opinions is impractical, but, for the sake of making the facts easy to find, we could either:
I never said commenting on the speculation was impractical. In fact I encouraged people to do it...
on one of the 100 other threads relating to FLE!
Yup. You can't post info on here without it being debated, unless the thread gets locked right after it's posted and the only people who can do that are Moderators and Administrators.
Maybe that’s what needs to happen…I think that’s a great idea

We're 22 pages past that point. I doubt even Lee believed that request was going to be honored.

We aren’t 22 pages past that point. Lee is taking the time to provide answers, and with him doing that, we should honor his request.

And I don’t think he believed his request wouldn’t be honored…look at his post after this thread was started (see below)

It'll be much better than that, I assure you.

Again, let's keep this thread free of any wild speculation or opinion.
Just the facts.

lebeau

We aren’t 22 pages past that point. Lee is taking the time to provide answers, and with him doing that, we should honor his request.

And I don’t think he believed his request wouldn’t be honored…look at his post after this thread was started (see below)

People are going to post their thoughts in the same thread where the info appears. That's just how it works. With all respect to lee (thanks for the info!) there's no way this thread was going to be any different from any other thread on wdwmagic.

Arguing about what people should post where really doesn't make that info any easier to find. Especially on a thread that's 23 pages and growing.

What planet do you live on?! :veryconfu

I honestly don't know one kid who has seen the movie or read the book (or had it read to them). I'm not sure how old your children are, but younger children just aren't exposed to it. Even kids who go to Disney simply know it as a ride, they don't know the story behind it.

The clowns could add for a more adreanline rushing white knuckle experience. Dont you want to have the feeling of being rushed into the action clowns will be FL's Alien Encounter.

The problem with clowns isn't that they are scary so much is that they think they're funnier than they are and expect you to delight in it. They annoy me more than anything.

Obviously, kids' b-day parties are hard for me.

_Scar

I know this will never happen but how cool would it be if the new SW mine cart ride also housed an updated version of SWSA?

That'd be pretty epic.

Like a Fantasyland version of the original Indiana Jones Adventure attraction complex for Disneyland :lol:

BriEcho3194

I know this will never happen but how cool would it be if the new SW mine cart ride also housed an updated version of SWSA?

That would be cool! An updated SWSA all they have to do is move it so technically they are not losing it lol But we are getting a better one! But I do like how they are adding a snow white ride! I cannot wait until the official announcement! I hope it's sooN!

BriEcho3194

That'd be pretty epic.

Like a Fantasyland version of the original Indiana Jones Adventure attraction complex for Disneyland :lol:

LOL That would be fun! Let's hope they make it different from the orignal SW attraction! Like have new special effects! But I have faith in the WDI :lol::sohappy:

emaginear

Just a thought but all this talk of mine coasters etc....If they really have ditched Cindy/Aurora and are designing a new ride for that space do you think there is a possibility that they just may use the Grizzly Coaster being built in HKDL? Judging by the scenes and concept art for this ride if they basically rethemed the scenes to include the Dwarfs they would have a Dwarf Mine Train coaster and most importantly this eliminates the development time it takes to design a new worthy attraction to take that space, considering it has been said that everything is still going to open for the 2012-2013 time frame. Of course this coaster has similarities to both BTM and EE so who knows!

For those who may not know of Grizzly Mountain.
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/hong-kong-disneyland-5813/

_Scar

Grizzly coaster is too similar to EE (and BTMRR) to be built, plus it has to do with bears and such. Maybe in FrL, but that's a total stretchh because of the large size of the ride. But don't get me wrong, the ride looks amazing.

Mr. Spock

It will not be the Grizzly coaster the uses the same ride system as EE and is to thrilling. This is going to be much more dark ride than coaster.

imagineer boy

You really think most kids today have seen a nearly 70-year-old animated film beginning to end? I seriously doubt it, especially since Dumbo isn't one of Disney's more heavily-promoted films. The only place you ever see him is in the spinner ride — or the fireworks if you go to Disneyland.

Are you serious? Dumbo is a timeless classic and one of Disney's most beloved films. Its been beloved by children for decades and even today.

And of course kids will watch a 70 year old cartoon. They'll watch any cartoons, especially good ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom