What happens to the 3d glasses after each show?

animay

I can only speak for Muppet Vision, but I imagine the process is the same for all the 3-D movies minus Honey I Shrunk the Audience. They're removed from the buckets at the exit after each show and get sorted and boxed up in trays. These get driven to the Imagination pavillion at Epcot each morning for cleaning where new glasses for the day are picked up.

dolbyman

sometimes those glasses are wet(drips) when you get them .. so I thought they have some sort of quick/modified dishwasher to clean them :shrug:

Jorden

I had a roomate on the CP who worked at HISTA and he said that all 3d glasses for all 4 movies were cleaned at Imagination. Can't remember the process tho.

animay

I can't remember if it's a wet or dry cleaning system either. I know there's nothing on site (except at HISTA obviously) to clean dirty glasses. Once they're worn, they're done for the day. I only saw the machine once. It was a huge thing with a conveyor belt. The glasses never leave their plastic trays once delivered for cleaning I believe. They just put the whole thing through the machine. That process started only a few years ago. Before that the glasses were shipped back and forth in flimsy cardboard box trays so I think they were actually inserted into the machine somehow then. I'm sure someone here has more detailed info.

Dagger

Cool!

For some reason I thought they'd be melted down and remade but that would get costly :shrug: The washing system sounds more like it!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can't remember if it's a wet or dry cleaning system either. I know there's nothing on site (except at HISTA obviously) to clean dirty glasses. Once they're worn, they're done for the day. I only saw the machine once. It was a huge thing with a conveyor belt. The glasses never leave their plastic trays once delivered for cleaning I believe. They just put the whole thing through the machine. That process started only a few years ago. Before that the glasses were shipped back and forth in flimsy cardboard box trays so I think they were actually inserted into the machine somehow then. I'm sure someone here has more detailed info.

sometimes those glasses are wet(drips) when you get them .. so I thought they have some sort of quick/modified dishwasher to clean them :shrug:

If you check my link above it references wet and dry cleaning in the UV method!
Articles which are discovered to be above a predetermined standard of cleanliness are irradiated with UV light in order to sanitize such articles without washing. Articles which are below the predetermine standard of cleanliness may be washed in a traditional wash system prior to being irradiated with UV light.

head mouse

All the more reason I don't do the 3D shows. I did the Muppet 3D once and the glasses were wet. eew. From that point on I don't do any show that requires me to wear anything that a thousand other people just wore B4 me. Gross. And you all know when the entrance runs out, they just dump the bin from the exit into the entrance. :hurl:

unkadug

All the more reason I don't do the 3D shows. I did the Muppet 3D once and the glasses were wet. eew. From that point on I don't do any show that requires me to wear anything that a thousand other people just wore B4 me. Gross. And you all know when the entrance runs out, they just dump the bin from the exit into the entrance. :hurl:

No, please re-read above thread. :wave:

unkadug

See below.

I can only speak for Muppet Vision, but I imagine the process is the same for all the 3-D movies minus Honey I Shrunk the Audience. They're removed from the buckets at the exit after each show and get sorted and boxed up in trays. These get driven to the Imagination pavillion at Epcot each morning for cleaning where new glasses for the day are picked up.

Scooter

Cool...You just keep on thinking that they reuse these glasses w/o washing them between uses...that's one less person I have to stand behind in 3D show lines.:lol:
BTW....I heard that the 3D Glasses in It's Tough To Be a Bug are cleaned with acid.:ROFLOL:

head mouse

Cool...You just keep on thinking that they reuse these glasses w/o washing them between uses...that's one less person I have to stand behind in 3D show lines.:lol:
BTW....I heard that the 3D Glasses in It's Tough To Be a Bug are cleaned with acid.:ROFLOL:

Wouldn't have to worry about that anyways. If I want to watch a movie I'll go to the theater. I go to Disney for the Rides. Can't see paying $75/pereson to watch a bunch of movies. :shrug:

Maybe its a little silly, but my husband and I have just sort of blown off the thought of other people wearing the glasses. There are so many other places in Disney to pick up germs that we assumed they clean them in some way and that's just good enough.

Thanks for the information on how they get cleaned.

joshwill

I CAN READ. CAN YOU?????

You know darn well, when they have 100 people in line waiting to get in, they are not going to take time to wait for a delivery of glasses, when they can just "recycle" the ones from the exit to the front.

:wave:

i would hazzard a guess that they have purchased enough glasses that they dont have to recycle them without cleaning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom