What happens to Test Track if GM goes under?

WDW1971

Yoop33 said:
OK OK I am sorry for saying I wish GM would fold. I saw this not because I hope people and familes lose their jobs but because I prefer Ford over GM.
I don't like Ford products, but I don't want them to go out of business. Competition is good for the consumer.

Scott M

AT&T (a historic company that everyone thought the government would protect) went under

Did I miss something? When did AT&T go under? And when did we start prefacing the word "historic" with "a" and not "an"? :D

Scott

TP2000

Disneyland already ditched GM as a Park sponsor, and instead Honda is now the official car sponsor for Disneyland. The GM exhibit in Disneyland's Innoventions attraction was closed over a year ago, and now Honda has that exact same space with a new theater to display their ASIMO robot who does a show every 45 minutes or so. (Which is a fantastic show! Very impressive!) And in October they gave away a new Honda Civic every day randomly to someone coming in through the Disneyland turnstiles for a New Space Mountain promotion. Honda and Disneyland are now the best of friends.

If GM goes bankrupt, or gets in such dire straits that it can no longer afford trivial theme park attraction sponsorships, then Disney would just go and find another carmaker to sponsor the car ride and transportation pavilion at Epcot.

Disneyland already gave GM the boot, and it was seamless and very simple. Although in Southern California very few people still drive GM cars, and Hondas-Toyotas-Nissans-Scions-Lexus-BMW's and Mercedes rule the freeways. It was a smart move on Disneyland's part to distance itself from a tired and unhip company like General Motors.

bhg469

lamarvenoy said:
I don't like where this heading and I keep my political views out of the forum but for people to openly bash an AMERICAN company while promoting.... PROMOTING a foreign company,to me that's sad. Our economy is a very complicated spider web of vendors,merchants, and consumers. Spending your money somewhere that promotes growth in your backyard is beneficial to all of us and our current trade exchange(or lack there of)is the poison in our economy. I support American and European companies because of the free trade...FREE TRADE is not something supported by the Asian companies.If they won't let us sell our products we shouldn't be buying theirs.Support OUR economy not THEIRS.

Im not bashing just any amreican company, im bashing GM for their poor business decisions and im blaming the UAW that also helpd get them in this position. I will push subaru till the day i die because i own 2 of them one is my street car, handles beter than any car GM has put out other than the c6. My other car is a 93 impreza L wagon which is my rally car. Yes i drive it in the dirt and beat the snot out of it regularly.

Just to stay on topic i could also see honda taking over this pavilion as well as adding alot of their technology to innovations. They have alot to contribute.

tigsmom

Rotel1026 said:
Wow, that's the seriously abridged version of that company's history.

I am more than aware of what transpired long ago, I am not a child. :D
I could have easily given the same report you did or linked to one or more of many sites that explains it all very well. I saw no need to do so... my choice.

bhg469

bsandersjr said:
Yeah! Then maintenance costs would triple!:lol: :lol:
Strongest block ford has used in a while its a very stable platform as well. Should be a very reliable car. GM has been producing alot of sports cars lately to compete. Man that 05 Camaro is fast.... :lookaroun

miles1 said:
I may be wrong, but doesn't GM own a piece of Subaru? Where did the Saab 9-2x come from?

Not anymore they dont, they sold off the shares a month or 2 ago. That is where the Saab 92-x came from, all the parts in it are even staped subaru. Its called the saabaru in my group of friends and it was the best saab in the US in my opinion. They also built an SUV on the b9 tribeca platform, i dont know the model though. GM had very little to do with designing subarus though. They had input on little things like day running lights, which they didnt put on my car :) although the HIDs do look hot.

bgraham34 said:
I would love to see Jeep take over. And that way we can go offroad at Test Track, that would be more fun.

Fantastic idea! either those guys or land rover!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
bhg469 said:
Fantastic idea! either those guys or land rover!

Sure... an awful box shaped gas guzzling UK piece of garbage (IMO of course ;) ).... and with gas prices being where they are at today... everyone should own one! :lol: :p

disneysailor

I doubt GM will ever go bust- too many jobs in the US and all around the world would disappear. I'm sure the UK government would protect British GM (Vauxhall) factories, and various other plants in Europe would be protected too by their respective governments.

Just look at the American airlines (AA, United, Delta and US Airways)- they all lose millions every day and are still kept propped up by the US government, whilst languishing in Chapter 11 Bancruptcy protection.

This will just be a huge wake up call for GM. I bet they will streamline their finances and operations, and emerge as a profitable company in a few years time. (Disney did it!)

BeachClubVillas

lamarvenoy said:
I don't like where this heading and I keep my political views out of the forum but for people to openly bash an AMERICAN company while promoting.... PROMOTING a foreign company,to me that's sad. Our economy is a very complicated spider web of vendors,merchants, and consumers. Spending your money somewhere that promotes growth in your backyard is beneficial to all of us and our current trade exchange(or lack there of)is the poison in our economy. I support American and European companies because of the free trade...FREE TRADE is not something supported by the Asian companies.If they won't let us sell our products we shouldn't be buying theirs.Support OUR economy not THEIRS.

Oy vey
:zipit:

PigletIsMyCat

Jeep and Hummer are not car companies. Jeep is owned by Daimler-Chrysler and Hummer is owned by the big GM itself.

GM will never fold because Fords are crap. They're just in a bit of a slump right now cause Daimler-Chrylser is beating the snot out of both of them.

And almost any car you can buy in America was assembled in America by Americans paying American taxes.

Oh, and interestingly enough, Ford owns Volvo, Land Rover, Lincoln/Mercury, Mazda, and Jaguar; Daimler-Chrysler owns Jeep, Dodge, Mercedes, and Hyundai, and GM has Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Subaru, Saab, GMC, Cadillac, and the ever popular Daewoo.

Honda owns Honda, Toyota owns Toyota, and Nissan owns Nissan.

Woody13

PigletIsMyCat said:
Jeep and Hummer are not car companies. Jeep is owned by Daimler-Chrysler and Hummer is owned by the big GM itself.

GM will never fold because Fords are crap. They're just in a bit of a slump right now cause Daimler-Chrylser is beating the snot out of both of them.

And almost any car you can buy in America was assembled in America by Americans paying American taxes.

Oh, and interestingly enough, Ford owns Volvo, Land Rover, Lincoln/Mercury, Mazda, and Jaguar; Daimler-Chrysler owns Jeep, Dodge, Mercedes, and Hyundai, and GM has Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Subaru, Saab, GMC, Cadillac, and the ever popular Daewoo.

Honda owns Honda, Toyota owns Toyota, and Nissan owns Nissan.
Volkswagen owns Volkswagen and I'll be in Scotland before ye.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PigletIsMyCat said:
Not true. Please show me the statistics. Cars come in from over seas daily in the Port of Houston....

WDW1971

miles1 said:
I may be wrong, but doesn't GM own a piece of Subaru? Where did the Saab 9-2x come from?

Not anymore...they sold their stake in Fuji Heavy Industries to Toyota. One day, Toyota will own most of the world and all these anti-GM people will have to learn to hate them, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom