What happens to Spectromagic?

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this one - if they're bringing the MS Electrical Parade over from DL for the summer, what happens to the Spectromagic Parade? Do they run both? I admit, I want to see the MSEP but would be VERY sad if I didn't get to see Spectro. Anyone? :shrug:

majorrfb

Spectro is the best!!

If Steve says it, it's pretty much guaranteed. :wave:

I'm putting my faith in Steve!. The loss of Spectromagic would be terrible. This parade is my absolutely favorite parade. The original version of the parade was "creepy", my little ones at the time were intimadated. I loved it.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I'm glad the Spectro is going away for a while. I don't like it and I'll be at MK the first day that MSEP is shown. I absolutely love it. This is the light parade that I grew up with.

This seems to be the trend. Depending on which parade you saw first is the one that you love more.

AMEN! This is the first parade I saw. And I do LOVE the music. Minor variations don't bother me, there have been minor variations before, particularly on the last float. But yes, I am greatly looking forward to this and hoping it will stick around longer than just this summer. That would probably convince me to buy an AP again, even though I'm 450 miles away.

Anybody heard a hard start date yet?

Upvote 0

durangojim

I'm another one of those MSEP fans from being a young child and going to Disneyland. I really hope they keep it running through the fall when we take our 4 y/o and 2 y/o to WDW. I'd love for them to be able to see this great parade and make some memories of their own!

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

I have only ever known Spectro, and I just love the Spectro music, and think the MSEP music is just plain weird. I am trying hard to open my heart, but so far, everyone seems to love MSEP not because it is a better parade, but because of fond memories of the past, and those are memories I just don't have.

I am taking my 2 year old in June, and for months we have been watching Spectro on the computer several times a day, so not getting to see it has been stressful for me this last week.
Make new memories. :)

And it WILL be a better parade, now that it has newer, brighter tech. :D

It'll be fun, trust me. :lol:

Upvote 0

dshimel

What?

When?

I'm coming to WDW May 29-June 5, 2010.

As a West Coaster, I see MSEP (actually named "Disney's Electrical Parade for the last 8 years that it has been at California Adventure instead of on Main Street in DL where it belongs. Wow, hard to believe DCA is 9 years old already. Time flys when you are old.) all the time. I love MSEP, but I was hoping to see something different when I went to Disney World.

Want to hear something ironic? Only other time I was in WDW was November 2000.... MSEP was playing there then too. It was a last chance to see it "forever". We even replanned our last night to catch it a second time of the trip.

Forever has gotten a lot shorter.

Upvote 0

etwtec

MSEP is going to be wonderful!!!!!

I wonder when the first parade date will be? I plan on being there "Opening night"...

I would like to know as well the dates, not only for MSEP but also Spectros last night. I do not know if Spectro will be one night then the next night MSEP? Or if there will be a gap in between.

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

What?

When?

I'm coming to WDW May 29-June 5, 2010.

As a West Coaster, I see MSEP (actually named "Disney's Electrical Parade for the last 8 years that it has been at California Adventure instead of on Main Street in DL where it belongs
. Wow, hard to believe DCA is 9 years old already. Time flys when you are old.) all the time. I love MSEP, but I was hoping to see something different when I went to Disney World.

Want to hear something ironic? Only other time I was in WDW was November 2000.... MSEP was playing there then too. It was a last chance to see it "forever". We even replanned our last night to catch it a second time of the trip.

Forever has gotten a lot shorter.
Good point...It'll be on MSUSA again. I hope they rename it. :D

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

They could dump Spectro in the South China Sea for all I care. :lookaroun

My only proviso is that since there can apparently be only one MSEP, I'd rather it be at DL in the long run...in which case MK can keep Spectro. :D

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I'm in the minority i guess. I grew up with MSEP like many of you. However I'm am so glad to have Spectro instead. Bring Spectro back soon!!!

Upvote 0

dizzney

I like Spectro but I am looking forward to seeing MSEP again since we havent seen it in a lonnnng time. And newer brighter lihgts? Sounds great.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

aladdin2007

I cant wait to see MSEP again, grew up with it too. But I hope it gets the full real title here and not just the generic disneys electrical parade.
Spectro needs some work now and new floats would be nice. I still wonder why though they didnt wait to bring this here as a huge promotion for the 40th?
I guess cause on miceage today Al said they needed some space out in cali for awhile, but he said they were nervous about sending it here because florida is so bad about how they take care of things. while that is true sometimes, just once cant he say something nice about wdw???:fork:

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
I agree that Spectro could use some new floats, but there is NOTHING better than that music (besides Fantasmic and Wishes) and although I'm excited to see the MSEP (which I ALSO saw in 2000, the VERY LAST time they were going to bring it to WDW) again, I will truly miss the magic of Spectro. The music to MSEP is just...weird. Very 80's and not magical in the least. I'm sad. :cry:

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

I agree that Spectro could use some new floats, but there is NOTHING better than that music (besides Fantasmic and Wishes) and although I'm excited to see the MSEP (which I ALSO saw in 2000, the VERY LAST time they were going to bring it to WDW) again, I will truly miss the magic of Spectro. The music to MSEP is just...weird. Very 80's and not magical in the least. I'm sad. :cry:

Will you be seeing it again this year? :D Give it a new chance. It should be very different.

Upvote 0

celticdog

I think it's time for a change. Spectro has been running for close to 10 years. I would like to see MSEP have a longer run than just the summer. Like so many others, it's been a very long time since I've seen MSEP.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom