What happens to Spectromagic?

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this one - if they're bringing the MS Electrical Parade over from DL for the summer, what happens to the Spectromagic Parade? Do they run both? I admit, I want to see the MSEP but would be VERY sad if I didn't get to see Spectro. Anyone? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will be dumped into the South China Sea.:lookaroun

I am not really sure yet. I would assume that it will either go to another park or be put into storage for MSEP's run.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

It will be dumped into the South China Sea.:lookaroun

I am not really sure yet. I would assume that it will either go to another park or be put into storage for MSEP's run.

That would cost too much. More likely they would just cart it out to one of their boneyards and let it rot like they do with the rest of ride vehicles, props, etc. they no longer use. :lookaroun

The way I read the announcements was that Spectro would be taking a break for the summer, and return after MSEP finished its run. But I don't know for sure either.

Upvote 0

musketeer

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this one - if they're bringing the MS Electrical Parade over from DL for the summer, what happens to the Spectromagic Parade? Do they run both? I admit, I want to see the MSEP but would be VERY sad if I didn't get to see Spectro. Anyone? :shrug:

Careful, I asked this question and was lectured how dare I ask a question without doing a exhaustive search.

But the answer I was given was that it isn't supposed to be permanently gone. True or not, I don't know, but that is what the message board answered.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I noticed a ton of new led lighting? and those cartoonish guys switched out from round heads to what reminds me of people walking out of a black and white old movie, tuxedo effect....what I could not get was the odd pigish nose on them....otherwise the rest seemed the same from the past. I did enjoy the light effects....but that nose seemed out of place.:animwink:

I think it would be cool if they switched out the parades from time to time...have not seen MSEP in soooooooooooooooooo long.....have to keep reminding my children what that soundtrack is from as they never saw it....

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
Does anyone know if they still use the same music for the MSEP? It's cute and all, but I want something pretty that will make me cry. That's why I love Spectromagic.

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

Does anyone know if they still use the same music for the MSEP? It's cute and all, but I want something pretty that will make me cry. That's why I love Spectromagic.

MSEP will have a sliiiightly different sound to it, it's been remastered. I heard a brief clip of it, so I'll still be surprised, and I'm a fan.

Upvote 0

Goofy4TheWorld

The wonderful new technology of Youtube. Search term: Disney's Electrical Parade. User "Mint Crocodile" has good stuff. :)

Thank you very much. Despite being a mere 28 years old, I had never searched You Tube for a video until last week when I heard about Spectro being replaced. From what I have seen so far MSEP, I am extremely disappointed.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

Thank you very much. Despite being a mere 28 years old, I had never searched You Tube for a video until last week when I heard about Spectro being replaced. From what I have seen so far MSEP, I am extremely disappointed.

Thanks for the info.

No problem! :)

But why are you disappointed?! :( :lol: It's just a slight variation of the theme, no real harm done...

Upvote 0

Goofy4TheWorld

No problem! :)

But why are you disappointed?! :( :lol: It's just a slight variation of the theme, no real harm done...

I have only ever known Spectro, and I just love the Spectro music, and think the MSEP music is just plain weird. I am trying hard to open my heart, but so far, everyone seems to love MSEP not because it is a better parade, but because of fond memories of the past, and those are memories I just don't have.

I am taking my 2 year old in June, and for months we have been watching Spectro on the computer several times a day, so not getting to see it has been stressful for me this last week.

Upvote 0

rangerbob

I'm glad the Spectro is going away for a while. I don't like it and I'll be at MK the first day that MSEP is shown. I absolutely love it. This is the light parade that I grew up with.

This seems to be the trend. Depending on which parade you saw first is the one that you love more.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom