What happened to dead men tell no tales

Bocabear

Following my previous post, I would also like to address a serious lighting issue in the ride. Compared to Disneyland's POTC, MK's POTC is unusually bright. You can plainly see the ceiling now. Did they ever have cloud projections on the ceiling like in Disneyland?
WDW's Pirates had cloud projections from the very beginning when it opened... I noticed too the last time I rode it that they were not working...which was pretty disappointing. They also added a cloud and moon projection to the battle sequence that was great but have noticed that it is not always working...

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Following my previous post, I would also like to address a serious lighting issue in the ride. Compared to Disneyland's POTC, MK's POTC is unusually bright. You can plainly see the ceiling now. Did they ever have cloud projections on the ceiling like in Disneyland?

good point, MKs use to have rolling clouds on the ceiling, they took them away with the depp refurb, I believe.

Redhawk

I remember the clouds; used to be one of my favorite parts. Shame on Disney if they are gone forever. Skipped POTC last visit (2 weeks) ago because standby line was long and I hate the feelof those dank, humid winding corridors. Even a 20 minute wait felt too long to me, and it was only 65 degrees that day. Reminded me that I always think the ride (corridors) needs better ventilation.

In other news, I rode Splash Mountain right before it closed before it's annual refurb and it still looked great. Very few broken effects, looking much better. With an annual refurb, it should stay that way.

We tend to go in January so I haven't got to ride Splash in years. Maybe soon they won't need a 3-week annual refurb.

matt9112

Tried. Ride management are banging their heads.

Same as ToT.

So when will you meet with lee and 74 to draft some fixes for potc,tot,EE,dinosaur,ect. . ? You and lee can crunch number and 74 can pull some strings to get you into a top floor in Anaheim and all you need to do is pass a note with a price tag. The note should simply read "stop being a dumba$$"

tl77

The next Pirates movie is called Dead Men Tell No Tales and is slated to come out in 2016, so they'll probably have the ride audio fixed by then

matt9112

We could certainly play around with the allocated budgets.

Or am I a "dumba$$?”

referring to current management practice not you.
in all honesty i wonder if you all "the insiders" got together and made a call or something of the like if it would create enough buzz.

Big C 73

WDW's Pirates had cloud projections from the very beginning when it opened... I noticed too the last time I rode it that they were not working...which was pretty disappointing. They also added a cloud and moon projection to the battle sequence that was great but have noticed that it is not always working...

Poor Yale Gracey....

Mr Bill

That's been down for a bit actually. Wasn't working when I was there either.
The Ariel and Scuttle AAs have had their issues, but none have been down for any extended period of time to my knowledge. Like you said, attractions have good days and bad days. Sounds like it was a couple cases of bad days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom