What free stuff have you ever got at Disney?

bethymouse

The Poly had a short ceremony for us when we checked in for our 15th anniversary: special leis- real flower ones!:D
My boys always got free chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick because they loved peeking in on the ladies making candies and chocolates at DHS. (used to be a smoking section where my DH would hang out, and the boys would watch them).:)
Upgrade at WL for a bunk bed room.:)

ninjaprincesst

Free tee-shirts after a tour group dumped soda on us because we wouldn't move so they could take our spots for the Spectromagic parade. We had been waiting there for awhile and they camped out behind and did a lot of stuff to make us move, we didn't and when the parade ended they threw soda on us. So a cast member was summoned and got us new tee shirts and took us to a VIP area for Wishes.
That is horrible. I commend you for controlling your temper, I'm afraid I might not have handled it as well.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Just out of interest does anyone know the policy on cm's giving away 'free stuff'. Reading these great stories of clothes, drinks and ice creams etc being given out I'm assuming cm's must have 'discretion' on this rather than just doing it because they feel like it?

MightyMouse

-Eating dinner at Tony's and my daughter ordered a milk. The waiter brought out juice by mistake. He returned with her milk and gave her a light up Ariel straw holder.

- During F&W Festival I loved the shrimp tacos served in Mexico. I asked for the chef, and paid him a huge compliment. In exchange for the respect he gave me another taco on the house.

sophie_the_pooh

My husband and I visited as a couple in 2007 and 2008, and both times we got Dream Fastpasses at the Animal Kindom allowing us to ride all the fastpass attractions once during the day at the time of our choice. We felt so lucky! What a day!
We also got balloons and cards on both of our birthdays (4 days apart), my card came with a signed Minnie picture and my husband got one from Mickey. I was really touched and still have that card as a souvenir of that special moment!

epcotisbest

Almost forgot about this. Many years ago Home Depot had a coupon in the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Guide for free flowers. Since both our guides were quite wrinkly by the end of the day, we picked up a couple of fresh copies on the way out. Went to get our free flowers at Home Depot and it turned out the coupon was for an entire tray of annuals. Nice. Asked the person at Home Depot if we could use more than one coupon and they said sure, so we wound up with four trays of annuals and our yard looked beautiful that year.

Aurora1

During the Year of A Million Dreams a group of about 10 of us all got the Dream Fastpasses at MK- we loved being able to double up on FP at the time! We also have gotten a lot of comp desserts and cards for birthdays and celebrations. Last year, when we stopped for Mickey Premiums, I was slightly disappointed to see that my Mickey bar had a crack down the center, as we ALWAYS take a picture of our mickey bars before the parade. The cast member overheard me, said to enjoy that one, because the "second round" of picture-worthy bars would be on him!

bethymouse

-Eating dinner at Tony's and my daughter ordered a milk. The waiter brought out juice by mistake. He returned with her milk and gave her a light up Ariel straw holder.

- During F&W Festival I loved the shrimp tacos served in Mexico. I asked for the chef, and paid him a huge compliment. In exchange for the respect he gave me another taco on the house.
That reminds me... when we ate at Captain Jack's ( sadly gone. I liked that place) our waitress gave our boys free Buzz light ups. We still have them ( 6 years-wow!) and they still work!:D

Glasgow

Twice I've taken along my folks to stay with us for a couple of days and both times they got upgraded to concierge and we didnt! Grrr. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom