What free stuff have you ever got at Disney?

NiarrNDisney

- On a few occasions CM's have gifted me a pin without a trade

- Back in 2010 my friends and I were given a round of Margarita's on Cinco de Mayo since it was my friends (twins) birthdays

- On my last trip the bartender at Sanaa gifted me a couple containers of the jalapeno dip served with the Bread service since we liked it so much! Turns out it was amazing on a bagel with cream cheese :hungry:

epcot2004

Free admission for 2 to the Behind the Seeds tour during their Magical Moment (I think that's what it was called) promotion. I almost fell over when they told us, I never considered the possibility of getting anything for free at WDW (I know they are in business to make money, they just get too much of ours).

Edit to add: free New Years hats and noise makers for New Year's Eve celebration. We only picked that stuff up so we could see the inside of Odyssey. Also free cookies and cocoa during MVMCP - technically I suppose it was part of admission but it is the one and only time we received snacks without paying.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
On our Honeymoon we got free bride and groom pins. We have had free desserts several times when we have been celebrating various things. The dream ears during Year of a Million Dreams. And the big one my sister won the Disney Dream Job contest in 2007 and was a parade performer for a day. She got to take 3 people with her and I was one of them. Free airfare and room at Disneyland Hotel, park admission. Plus a bunch of other perks. Amazing experience!

tinkhag6

Two years ago we were there for my kids first vist. When we were at guest relations at epcot purchasing Christmas party tickets one of the cast members came out and saw my daughter had a mickey mouse plush. In her hand she had minnie. She said that mickey wanted her to have it. My daughter 3 years old was so excited and thank the cast member. Well 10 mins later two cast members came and and said that they talked to mickey and he wanted her to have the whole gang. So they gave her goofy, Donald, and daisy also. I was so over comes by there generosity I was crying. They told me that this is there favorite part of there job!!!!! They truly made a great memory for our family.

Last year we were resting aND eating a pretzel and the cast member called me over and said here is a lemonade for your daughter!

AndyS2992

Lets see, some napkins, some plastic bags, Fastpasses, a piece of paper that says DHS with my drawing on it, some resort shampoo and soap. And that is about it.

None of this stuff is really free though as I had to pay park admission, hotel reservation or make a purchase to get them.

ninjaprincesst

When my daughter was three a poor dad trying to carry a tray with about 8 drinks on it lost control of the tray and dumped it pretty much on her head, soaking her clothes, I cleaned her up and went to the nearest shop to buy her a new outfit , the cast member working there asked me what happened when I told him he told my daughter to pick her an outfit he cut the tags off and handed it to her.

DizneyPryncess

Mouse ears during the Year of a Million Dreams. Several surprise desserts during celebrations. Buttons, stickers, signed photo waiting in our room during anniversaries. Our daughter got some balloons during check-in at the Boardwalk. Lots of Ghiradelli samples. :)

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Free tee-shirts after a tour group dumped soda on us because we wouldn't move so they could take our spots for the Spectromagic parade. We had been waiting there for awhile and they camped out behind and did a lot of stuff to make us move, we didn't and when the parade ended they threw soda on us. So a cast member was summoned and got us new tee shirts and took us to a VIP area for Wishes.
That is just disgusting. I hope something was done about them!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That is just disgusting. I hope something was done about them!

By the time a cast member got to us, but tour group had dissolved into the crowd. The cast member did tell us that this behavior is common with tour groups. And if we had let them know about the group harassing us earlier we and the family next to us (because they were getting pressured to move too by the group) would have been moved to the VIP area for the parade, I guess it is where they put the celebrities. Oh well, I still wear my shirt but I have a difficult time listening to the Spectromagic music without thinking about it.

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
By the time a cast member got to us, but tour group had dissolved into the crowd. The cast member did tell us that this behavior is common with tour groups. And if we had let them know about the group harassing us earlier we and the family next to us (because they were getting pressured to move too by the group) would have been moved to the VIP area for the parade, I guess it is where they put the celebrities. Oh well, I still wear my shirt but I have a difficult time listening to the Spectromagic music without thinking about it.
I just can't believe that. Sorry you had to experience something like that in Disney.
PS I miss that parade :oops:

I took my kids to a college fair at Coranado Springs yesterday and was given a "free" lunch that was actually pretty nice. Since I have an annual pass I'm not really sure if it was free or if I paid for it. Either was it was very enjoyable.

TaraWdopeyfan

In 2003 my husband and I were on our honeymoon and we got a framed picture with Donald in it and a Mickey pin that says Mickey's Philharmagic, I think it was part of our package. Then in 2004 we got a poster that has Mickey and a few other characters on it. Does that count as free?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom