What free stuff have you ever got at Disney?

AmberFaith90

At Fairfax Fare in DHS, my then newly 2-year old daughter and I were at a table while my mom was in line to get food. My daughter was crying pretty hard in her stroller, and I was trying everything to get her to calm down (juice, snacks, toys, etc). A CM came over and gave her a cookie. A few minutes later, I discovered that her diaper was soaked, but I had to wait on my mom to get back (this was before she had a cell phone) in order to change her. After my mom returned to the table, I took my daughter to the restroom. When we got back, the same CM came by and gave her another free cookie.

Scooter

We get free little bars of soap, shampoo, and towel animals everytime we stay on property. lol
No, seriously, over the years we have gotten all kinds of freebees including pins, posters, chocolates, and fast passes. We also got bumped up to Concierge level at The Contemporary Resort once because our travel agent messed up and got us regular room reservations in the tower when she was supposed to get us club level rooms. When we found out while checking in, my wife started crying because it was our honeymoon trip so they bumped us to concierge and we lived happily ever after.:)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What's a dream pass?
fp_dream.jpg

Its this card where you get a bunch of fast passes for a bunch of FP attractions in the park you're at.

My sister and I got one for playing where is the fire? at Innoventions. That's never happened before, it's very rare you ever get one honestly.

IWantMyMagicBand

The last time we went, I got given loads. Mainly cocktails and deserts. It was all down to my stretching portrait sleeve tattoo :)
My dad has this and since then has had Peter Pan, Hook, Smee, Snow White, Tink and the Jolly Roger all added. Hope he gets noticed :)

We got free embroidered ear hats when we went. I went through what I wanted on ours (Me: Kerri, Daughter: Heidi) When it got to my son's I said "I tahnt". The CM didn't get what I meant so I explained to her that my 3 year old was going through some challenging issues and also some speech problems. I can't was I tahnt and it was his catchphrase. She filled out a magic moments form and said no charge.

Then we were in DLP and it was the same son's birthday. I went to our reception the night before and asked for a birthday badge to pop on him when he wakes. The CM asked us to come to reception in the morning after breakfast. When we got there she said (in a lovely French accent) "Ah Eliot, someone very special wants to speak with you" and handed him the phone. It was Mickey. She also gave him a voucher for any pin in the park. He chose a Stitch Birthday pin. Great times.
dadtattoo.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
fp_dream.jpg

Its this card where you get a bunch of fast passes for a bunch of FP attractions in the park you're at.

My sister and I got one for playing where is the fire? at Innoventions. That's never happened before, it's very rare you ever get one honestly.
The dream fastpass (for the park you were visiting that day) was only given out during the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. No one gets them anymore :(

epcotisbest

fp_dream.jpg

We got a couple of these as well, back in the day. I decided to look up the prizes handed out during the Year of a Million Dreams promotion and it seems this was awarded a lot. Here are the numbers:
  • 156,300 Dream Fast Passes to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
  • 95,970 Dream Fast Passes to Orlando's Magic Kingdom
  • 57,125 Dream Fast Passes to Epcot
  • 95,970 Dream Fast Passes to Disney MGM Studios
  • 95,970 Dream Fast Passes to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We got a couple of these as well, back in the day. I decided to look up the prizes handed out during the Year of a Million Dreams promotion and it seems this was awarded a lot. Here are the numbers:
  • 156,300 Dream Fast Passes to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
  • 95,970 Dream Fast Passes to Orlando's Magic Kingdom
  • 57,125 Dream Fast Passes to Epcot
  • 95,970 Dream Fast Passes to Disney MGM Studios
  • 95,970 Dream Fast Passes to Disney's Animal Kingdom
Wow, I feel extra lucky to have received the Epcot one ;)

epcotisbest

Wow, I feel extra lucky to have received the Epcot one ;)
Year of a Million Dreams actually ran for 15 months. If you take the 57,125 Dream Fast Passes awarded at Epcot, divided by around 450 days that's about 125 per day. Lucky indeed. Now, I don't know if they handed out the same number every day, or many on some days and few on others, but either way, considering how many people are in a park each day, 125 was not very many.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Year of a Million Dreams actually ran for 15 months. If you take the 57,125 Dream Fast Passes awarded at Epcot, divided by around 450 days that's about 125 per day. Lucky indeed. Now, I don't know if they handed out the same number every day, or many on some days and few on others, but either way, considering how many people are in a park each day, 125 was not very many.
The funny thing is Epcot was not very crowded that day so the only fastpass we even used from our lanyards was for Soarin'.

Daniel Johnson

fp_dream.jpg

That is really awesome! Do you still have it? That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard some one getting!

FigmentFan3

Some year of a million dreams stuff, birthday stuff, pins probably, fancy desserts to accommodate allergies... But my first and more amusing reaction was the occasional cup of ice water :D

EOD K9

Not counting my buddies on K9 and getting me in on occasion, I did get a one day park hopper comped to me.

Many, many, many years ago, I bought a 7 day PH but stayed for 8 days. I don't recall why we didn't purchase LOS passes, but on our eighth day we had obviously used our seven days passes up. So, when we went to MGM (at the time) the CM wouldn't let us in. They said go to GR. We went and explained our brain fade and the CM asked to see our tickets. They looked up where we were, and how many times we hopped. The CMs could tell we weren't kidding that we used our tickets to their potential, so they went to the back, had us fill out some paperwork, and BAM, free tickets.

HatboxGhost

A giant Mickey rice krispy treat
A backstage tour of Star Tours with a personal ride and dual lightsabers signed by the ST crew
A bottle of water as the cm said, "On the mouse"

More than the free things, we have been treated to and have experienced wonderful things like being sung to by Patrick at the Garden Grill
Being the family that opens the Liberty Tree Tavern
FP given to us by great cms when rides were busy like during the parties

There is more, I just cant think of them at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom