What Extinct Attraction Do You Miss The Most

Flip83

Original Poster
After quite a handful of Attractions at WDW either modified or totally removed for a new Attraction....what is the Attraction you miss the most??????

I will start... I miss Mr Toads Wild Ride the most. As much as I know Pooh is very popular, I miss Mr Toad terribly. It was just a classic ride. I am 27 years old, and I love the movie and I used to Love the ride. I think they could have just had the Poohs little playland somewhere, and keep Mr Toad. Its ashame. It's ashame when they don't really show much of older characters from the Classic movies. Most of these young children have NO idea who some characters are.

I also miss the Old Spaceship Earth. I don't mind the new one, its good. But I loved Jeremy Irons voice for Spaceship Earth. I think some of the changes were needed, but they didn't have to do as many as they did

Flip83

Original Poster
Oh yes, I will add the TTA (old version). We went last December when it opened again and it was stupid. We missed the old version so much. I dont know why they changed it. My brother in Law will be so mad when we go this December haha

Flip83

Original Poster
And the New Imagination ride stinks. It was cool for the first year, but it was still nothing like the original. I just hope if they do make a total makeover and make a good attraction there, that they dont replace Figment. He is a staple for Epcot.

wolf359

Add me to the Mr. Toad list as well.

I absolutely loved Mr. Toad, and it was nice having an attraction in Fantasyland that could be thrilling and a lot of fun without actually being a "thrill" ride.

Pooh Lover

The original Journey into Imagination, Horizons, Food Rocks and I haven't been on TTA with the new narration but I'm sure I'll be adding that to my list in September :(

Krack

2638999706_0a27971f94.jpg

Flip83

Original Poster
The Skyway was great. Nothing wrong putting that on the list. Nice to see so many Toad fans though. Its a shame its gone

rodserling27

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The most imaginitive and best-themed attraction I have EVER been on. It makes me very sad and nostalgic, actually, to think about the fact that this thing no longer exists. I agree that "Imagination" and SGE blow, don't get me wrong, but they were just re-themes of older rides. Disney made at least a half-hearted effort, as horrible as the effort was. And there were reasons for shutting them down and changing them. The same goes for "Horizons," and "World of Motion," or "Mr. Toad."

But no, not for my precious 20k. Close it and never speak of it again. Don't re-theme, don't even attempt to explain why it sat there for a decade, untouched. They didnt' even make an effort to put something there. I would have rather had a half-hearted effort to retheme it than to just let it rot the way it did. A most unfitting ending to the most amazing ride in the world.

I dream of the days where I would wait in that infamously long and hot queue, anxiously awaiting the fantastic submarine to pull up. ::sigh:: :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom