What everyday things remind you of WDW?

omgthatsfun

Original Poster
My father says that when he hears "Hey there Delilah" his mind zooms back to our trips at DisneyWorld. You can't blame him, the song was EVERYWHERE when we went two or so years ago.

So that got me thinking - What reminds YOU of WDW? For me it's listening to No Doubt. Probably because of the song "Tragic Kingdom". Plus, I listened to them non stop on my last trip to WDW.

So what reminds you of the World?

(If this is in the wrong forum, let me know and i'll delete it or move it. I wasn't sure which forum would be most appropriate)

pixiesteno

When I make french toast I add vanilla and cinnamon to the mixture so when it is cooking it reminds me of walking down Main Street USA by the bakery:slurp:

Matt and Kelly

I made a calendar with pics from past WDW trips which I have hanging on the wall right beside my desk at work. It's a nice reminder of the fun we had which is sometimes needed suring a tough day at the office.

cblodg

We drove into an apartment complex that had the sign "Welcome Home" and the buildings kind of looked like Saratoga Springs. Sooooooo made me want to be in Disney!

BigRedDad

Whenever I make my DD pancakes, I have to make her Mickey pancakes. I play different Disney channels in the background. Once in a while a very old attraction or song comes on. It makes me think of the MK in the 70s.

wild01ride

We like to find "Hidden Mickeys" in everyday life.
Of course, 99.9% of the time, they're not intentional (although I'm still convinced that the back door on the Office Max truck has an intentional Hidden Mickey made out of the rubber band balls!).
Regardless, it makes the mundane a lot more fun!

That, and we compare every place and type of food that we eat with WDW!

Rinx

Driving to school on the highway there's a big sign that says Riverside Ave and always makes me think of PO.

I've had hockey games at the Steel Ice Center in Bethlehem, PA. The rink is not far from the old blast furnaces and the way you see it is like a three quarters view from the rink with the stacks looking like castle spires. Well at night they shine pink and purple lights on the entire thing and it reminds me of MK at night. Here's a day picture. http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bethlehem_steel_1_m1.jpg .Now picture it back about 300 yards with pink and purple lights at night.

CBug88

Things that remind me of Disney:

1) Linkin Park's Metaora CD (listed to it over and over on the way to Disney in 2007)-- I immediately associate it with my sister and friends who joined me on that awesome trip and our wonderful memories!

2) I have the perfume Laila from Norway, and every time I smell that or Geir I am immediately back in the Puffins Roost!

3) I LOVE cannolis, so anytime I see or get to have one I think of Italy in EPCOT (where I tried my first cannoli)

4) The smell in Coldstone reminds me of walking down Main Street:slurp:

pcarathers

I too love the perfume Laila from Norway and everytime I wear it, I imagine myself walking thru the gift shop in Norway....I'm out of it too and can not wait to get back to get more!!

We also make the Mickey pancakes/waffles and even brought back a few of the Mickey Ears plates they use for kids meals...they handle the dishwasher very well and we use them for the kids all the time.....

It does not take long at all in our house to see or feel a "Disney" touch....

Cmdr_Crimson

The Museum of Science & Industry in chicago reminds me of Epcot. Many of the exhibits have the feel of being in Future World..The Farm (Land) The Idea Factory (Imagination), Flight (Soarin), Petroleum Planet (Universe of Energy), YOU The exhibit (Wonders of Life)..etc..All they need to do is play the Innovention loop in The Great Hall and Huzzah Epcot Perfection..

MUTZIE77

There is a railroad that runs behind where I work and when I hear the horn blow it reminds me of the boats running from Fort Wilderness to MK. Also every once in awhile a certain smell makes me think of the smell of the water in POTC, IASW, and Splash.

Luige11

When I was on the plane and when entering Disney World I was listening to Kid Cudi's Day N Night so everytime im on here posting I listen to it.

LucyintheSky

Also every once in awhile a certain smell makes me think of the smell of the water in POTC, IASW, and Splash.

That's a big one for me, too. Certain other smells will remind me of something in the parks, be often I can't put my finger on what it is.

Oh, I have a weird one, too. During the time I was a CM, there was a period of time there were bad brush fires all over Orlando. some were very near the MK, and I remember being in the park in the mornings and smelling that strong smoke smell. It wasn't very pleasant, but to this day every time I smell that kind of smoke, it takes me back to being in the MK before opening.

Disney05

I bought my wife a tube of Laila hand lotion from Norway in EPCOT. She puts it on every night before going to bed. I'm instantly in EPCOT at Norway as soon as I smell it.

partyoffour

I have the same Laila perfume from Norway so every time i use that I am instantly back walking in Epcot drinking a Margarita from Mexico and heading to Norway to get on the ride.
I always am back in Disney when i hear the Hershey kiss commercial they have the Hi Ho Hi HO song playing.

rodserling27

Every time I meet someone named Judy I instantly think of "stupid Judy!" from Ellen's Energy Adventure. Good thing none of my students at school are named Judy, I'd be quoting it non-stop through the day!
Also, I too have smelled certain water odors at times that really remind me of Pirates/Splash Mountain/small world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom