What does a 10 crowd level feel like??

ask!

Original Poster
I thought October was a good time to go to WDW-- so I was surprised to find that the crowd levels for next Sunday, Oct 9 are a 10 for the Magic Kingdom! It is Columbus Day week-end and the last nite for the MSEP. Crowd levels are a 9 for Animal Kingdom on Monday, Oct 10.
By Tuesday, Oct 11th, our anniversary day, the crowd levels go down to 5-6. ah breathing room!

My husband and I are going for our 30th ann --staying at the Poly -- and are not so interested in the rides but the atmosphere and dining-- the parades and shows --crazy us but we wish this vacation to be relaxing! -- so 3 fastpasses are plenty for us.

But I am wondering how crowded it will feel?? any tips to navigate the crowd? The Touring plans really are not relevant for us, because as I wrote, its not about the rides for us. We want to bask and savor the decorations, the sights, sounds and smells--notice all the little details and soak up the Magic.We booked the Wishes Dessert Party for Oct 9th so we will have a good spot to view the Fireworks--one of my highlights.

The MSEP performs at 9 and 11--with the MK closing at Midnight. Hoping the 11p show will be less crowded--what do you think??

Thanks for any tips, insights, advice!
Andrea

Last edited:

Jess G

wall to wall people ... the 11pm parade will definitely be less crowded. Personally, I would be no where near main street for that 9pm parade LOL. Are you staying on property? If so take advantage of an afternoon break.... Hubby and I like to go to the parks around 9am-1pm and then break @ the hotel and go back at like 4 or 5pm to closing. That way you will miss the hottest part of the day and the largest crowds.

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on your big anniversary!

Sounds like you've got some great plans to help celebrate, and at a romantic and unique resort.
Remember that the crowd predictions are just that-predictions. They're a helpful guide to prepare, but not a guarantee. Typically time around any holiday is busy as folks take them as opportunities to travel. But if you make your ADRs, plan your FPs, you've got your dessert party booked, remember that it may be annoyingly crowded some of the days, you'll be good. Attitude is everything. Take it slow and relax.

Enjoy yourselves!

ask!

Original Poster
wall to wall people ... the 11pm parade will definitely be less crowded. Personally, I would be no where near main street for that 9pm parade LOL. Are you staying on property? If so take advantage of an afternoon break.... Hubby and I like to go to the parks around 9am-1pm and then break @ the hotel and go back at like 4 or 5pm to closing. That way you will miss the hottest part of the day and the largest crowds.
Thanks Jess for the tip about touring after 4.

We are arriving at MCO at 9:30 and staying at the Poly-- my idea was to hang out poolside with some drinks, soak up the Island atmosphere, relax and then take the ferry to MK at 3:30ish--and do MK 4 to Midnight~ which gives us 8 full hours.
My highlights are the Wishes Dessert Party at 9--Wishes at 10- MSEP at 11~oh and the Hall of Presidents before this election changes it once again.

One more week--so looking forward to the trip!

Dangeresque

Special Monorail rules apply for a crowd level 10
indiatrain.jpg

ask!

Original Poster
Attitude is everything. Take it slow and relax.
ah great advice!! Thanks! That IS the Plan. Bask and savor and enjoy---with no 'have-tos'----it feels so different and so decadent!

We went to Disney for our 1st ann in 1987 as newlyweds, then for our 10th when our kids were 7 and 5 and we chased the characters thru the park, then for our 20th when they were 17 and 15 and we did all the major thrill rides, including a trip to Universal Studios -- and now we are going once again as a couple-- the circle of life, the cycle of marriage---so much LIFE to Celebrate.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
ah great advice!! Thanks! That IS the Plan. Bask and savor and enjoy---with no 'have-tos'----it feels so different and so decadent!

We went to Disney for our 1st ann in 1987 as newlyweds, then for our 10th when our kids were 7 and 5 and we chased the characters thru the park, then for our 20th when they were 17 and 15 and we did all the major thrill rides, including a trip to Universal Studios -- and now we are going once again as a couple-- the circle of life, the cycle of marriage---so much LIFE to Celebrate.
Very similar for us. We both grew up going to Disney. Honeymooned at WDW in Nov 2002. Have taken our two kids who are now 17 and 12 on numerous trips and looking forward to "just us" trips in a few years.....until grand kids come along and we start the cycle all over again. :p:D:p

DisneyPrincess5

Yes, I agree!

The past few trips, DH and I have taken a more relaxed approach and it has allowed us to enjoy our trips so much more. No camera, using the phone in the parks only for Disney related stuff. It's just us two, going only about once a year and it's our only vacation. We ride what we want, ride what we can, and if we can't, we'll catch it next time. We enjoy checking out all the shops, enjoy our ADRs, take bench breaks with snacks and people watch. It's so relaxing and enjoyable!
Once we have kids, our priorities and focus on trips will change but for now, we feast!

FRD714

I have been there during Christmas time twice with peak crowds and I felt like I lost all motivation to do anything while at the parks. I will be there starting the 11th of October so hopefully crowds die down a bit.

The_Jobu

October 9th will be the final performance of the MSEP at the Magic Kingdom. I expect it will be just as crowded as the 9pm show, just something to keep in mind.

How did I miss this?? I had no idea. The parade was always a highlight for me.

WEDwaydatamover

The busiest I've ever seen the Magic Kingdom was on a Christmas day. Main Street was person to person and at a dead standstill. (a pickpockets fantasyland)

I naturally assumed the utilidors were going to collapse at a certain point.

It started out miserable but by mid-day so many people threw their hands up and left out of frustration it became a very comfortable and fun day.

The_Jobu

I went to MK on July 4th last year (free pins!) and while it was packed, it didn't "feel" busy as it seemed they had a ton of CMs on duty keeping things moving and rides at max capacity.

This year I hear they've been cutting back on CM hours and thus ride efficiency so I'm not sure what a 10 would feel like. :confused:

zurzles

Remember that while the Halloween party is going on, the days WITHOUT the party are going to be packed, especially the weekends. Every family that wants to spend a day in the park without paying an extra fee will be there, as well as people who just want to see the normal nighttime entertainment. We went to see Wishes on a Saturday in the middle of a massively dead September and it felt like Christmas levels.

You also might want to avoid leaving the park midday, you might not be allowed back in if it's at capacity. I'm not sure how that works though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom