What do you think of the EPCOT Central Spine redesign?

EpcotMark

Original Poster
Any predictions on when we will hear or see more of this, on the future world redesign? Myself, I have a feeling they are waiting for another big project to get done before they tackle this. Perhaps when toy story land is done, they will reveal more.

At first I thought that communicore would not be knocked down, but considering how Communicore West is almost empty, I am thinking more and more that something is going to happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any predictions on when we will hear or see more of this, on the future world redesign? Myself, I have a feeling they are waiting for another big project to get done before they tackle this. Perhaps when toy story land is done, they will reveal more.

At first I thought that communicore would not be knocked down, but considering how Communicore West is almost empty, I am thinking more and more that something is going to happen.
It’s a mess. It’s slipped from a summer 2020 completion to a sometime in 2023 completion.

Of note is recently a redesign of Mousegear between those two dates cropped up. My hope is the longer it drags on the more chance of a rebuild and not a removal is possible.

hpyhnt 1000

It’s a mess. It’s slipped from a summer 2020 completion to a sometime in 2023 completion.

Of note is recently a redesign of Mousegear between those two dates cropped up. My hope is the longer it drags on the more chance of a rebuild and not a removal is possible.

Glad I’m not the only one feeling that way. If delays mean Epcot stays in its sad festival state but avoids irreparable damage and demolition, then so be it. Rather take my chances post 2020 with (hopefully) different leadership that’s willing to embrace EPCOT’s unique vision and mission.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
2023?! :eek: I figured this would be done for WDW 50, or at the latest, EPCOT 40.

...If they built things in Orlando based on anniversary dates...but there's 20
Years of history now that builds a case they do not. The recent announced slate of things happens to coincide with much larger business realignment that disney is experiencing on the corporate level...

Just a theory.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Glad I’m not the only one feeling that way. If delays mean Epcot stays in its sad festival state but avoids irreparable damage and demolition, then so be it. Rather take my chances post 2020 with (hopefully) different leadership that’s willing to embrace EPCOT’s unique vision and mission.

I think we've passed the Waterloo moment on the "spirit of Epcot"...unfortunately.

I may not be the #1 classic Epcot fan...but I'm definitely top 5 and it's a harsh reality.

"Blucher is in the woods"

HauntedMansionFLA

What’s up with the Cast Members only signs up everywhere??? Lots of unused space.
AF608A0D-C638-413B-8970-D5339064432A.jpeg

jmmc

With something on such a large scale, is it possible they'd need to take time with this, doing it segments, to avoid shutting down half the park all at once? It would at least maybe avoid chopping the park in half like DHS. I mean, we are talking "completion date" of 2023, not saying "nothing done until 2023", right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom