What do you think of the EPCOT Central Spine redesign?

BenJacobs

I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I'm not basing my thoughts off the art from D23.

Of course the concept art is not the finished product, the finished product will have changed a lot from what we were given at D23, but the fact that they have added certain things to the concept art shows that they are thinking about adding said things to Future World, which means that they may actually be built in the future.

This is the only reason why I added the idea that a Dolphin show(or something similar) may be coming to Epcot in the future, because the concept art proves that Disney have thought about having such an attraction in Future World. This is a forum for news and rumours, and a rumour is what I was trying to put forward, only to be met with you disgarding my thoughts on the matter, and saying that you would never even look at the concept art - the concept art provides clues about the imagineering behind the scenes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Of course the concept art is not the finished product, the finished product will have changed a lot from what we were given at D23, but the fact that they have added certain things to the concept art shows that they are thinking about adding said things to Future World, which means that they may actually be built in the future.

This is the only reason why I added the idea that a Dolphin show(or something similar) may be coming to Epcot in the future, because the concept art proves that Disney have thought about having such an attraction in Future World. This is a forum for news and rumours, and a rumour is what I was trying to put forward, only to be met with you disgarding my thoughts on the matter, and saying that you would never even look at the concept art - the concept art provides clues about the imagineering behind the scenes.
I saw that art months ago. I've been over it myself with a fine tooth comb. Like I said I based my comments on other things.

Bender123

If you didn't know, @marni1971 is basically one of the most insider of Disney insiders...The guy has sources that are almost always timely and correct at an astonishingly amazing rate. When he says the artwork is out of date and the company has moved on to other plans for the area, its a virtual lock that that is the case.

He may not be 100%, but its as close as you can get for an ever changing corporation that is constantly shifting ideas and possibilities.

njDizFan

I always thought that the space between the Land and the Seas was under utilized. And the West has only 3 pavilions while the East has 4. I think Soarin could have been built there as an air pavilion, with land/air/sea next to each other on the West side. Anyway back to how @marni1971 doesn't understand the concept art.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I always thought that the space between the Land and the Seas was under utilized. And the West has only 3 pavilions while the East has 4. I think Soarin could have been built there as an air pavilion, with land/air/sea next to each other on the West side. Anyway back to how @marni1971 doesn't understand the concept art.
It was mooted as the last version of the Space pavilion before Horizons was put into the mix.

It's also the last remaining true expansion pad. The Soarin area - despite the movie ride art - was never a true pad and neither was the area north of Motion.

trainplane3

If you didn't know, @marni1971 is basically one of the most insider of Disney insiders...The guy has sources that are almost always timely and correct at an astonishingly amazing rate. When he says the artwork is out of date and the company has moved on to other plans for the area, its a virtual lock that that is the case.

He may not be 100%, but its as close as you can get for an ever changing corporation that is constantly shifting ideas and possibilities.
The best part is he doesn't brag and doesn't have to be the one to break the news. He takes his time confirming something rather than running around screaming that X is happening only to redact it the next day. It's nice change compared to most rumors in the theme/amusement park industry. There are times when plans change (Tron to UoE, then Guardians, then big bang, then Guardians for sure) but it's nice to hear some of the process behind the scenes.

njDizFan

It was mooted as the last version of the Space pavilion before Horizons was put into the mix.

It's also the last remaining true expansion pad. The Soarin area - despite the movie ride art - was never a true pad and neither was the area north of Motion.
Wow, so M:S could have went into the expansion pad if they decided to keep Horizons. Will this new proposed idea swallow that pad?

Brad Bishop

I think there's confusion between the "space" between The Land and The Seas and Mission: Space.

I know I read it wrong the first time.

MrHappy

Will Dolphins in the future be different from Dolphins today? Maybe future Dolphins will evolve to stop being so cute. And stop hopping over the wakes of boats. Stupid current Dolphins.

Goob

The best part is he doesn't brag and doesn't have to be the one to break the news. He takes his time confirming something rather than running around screaming that X is happening only to redact it the next day. It's nice change compared to most rumors in the theme/amusement park industry. There are times when plans change (Tron to UoE, then Guardians, then big bang, then Guardians for sure) but it's nice to hear some of the process behind the scenes.
And he isn't condescending, patronizing and a general egomaniac like another certain "insider" poster here.

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

There were rumors of LAL getting (re)moved back in 2015 too, but that didn't come to pass. But I fully support the idea. Those things are heinous.

LAL_Tombstone.jpg

Jbres_

It's very possible that the artwork has already changed. Disney will only share updated artwork once things are more final across all of FW. They don't release every single version of the map; there'd be thousands between now and the final drawings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom