What Do You Think is in Phase Two for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

Indy_UK

I may be wrong but I’m sure the issue about what characters can be in the land has gone on since the beginning.

The land and galactic star cruiser is set directly between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker (why on earth did they pigeon themselves like that) so in the time frame, you wouldn’t see Baby Yoda or Boba Fett for example.

The star cruiser is such a specific story for the time it’s set that to add these characters wouldn’t make sense. To the average park guest, it makes zero difference but Lucasfilm are so strict when it comes to the use of Star Wars in the parks. Odd when Disney owns them but I believe it was part of the contract of Disney buying them

kingdead

I guess that because of the Star Cruiser, World won’t get the cool characters walking around. It can’t just be because of ‘Story’
That's a real problem if they can't think of a way around it--it rips off the casual East Coast fans who just want to see Baby Yoda, and if you're a big enough fan of Star Wars to spend $3k on two nights, you've probably watched Mandalorian. Why not just have a Mando story at the hotel so all the guests can enjoy?

MagicHappens1971

That's a real problem if they can't think of a way around it--it rips off the casual East Coast fans who just want to see Baby Yoda, and if you're a big enough fan of Star Wars to spend $3k on two nights, you've probably watched Mandalorian. Why not just have a Mando story at the hotel so all the guests can enjoy?
It doesn’t fit into the timeline of the Starcruiser.

Br0ckford

This is about the most mind boggling way of thinking in the history of the business world. Mando and baby yoda should have been in the land day one, no exceptions. Disney has lost out on countless millions for locking the land in such a narrow timeframe in my opinion.
The sequel trilogy made money off the brand alone. The movies aren't nearly as popular as the money made it seem. Disney got fooled on that. They should bite the bullet and expand the characters. Would help in the long run.

MagicHappens1971

This is about the most mind boggling way of thinking in the history of the business world. Mando and baby yoda should have been in the land day one, no exceptions. Disney has lost out on countless millions for locking the land in such a narrow timeframe in my opinion.
They’re not loosing millions by not including those characters. While I agree they should abandon the timeline in someway this isn’t really the solution

erasure fan1

They’re not loosing millions by not including those characters. While I agree they should abandon the timeline in someway this isn’t really the solution
You really don't think in the time the land has been open, that they wouldn't have sold millions of dollars in merch from having all of star wars represented? If baby yoda was in the land day one, that would have sold millions alone. So yea, I truly believe Disney is stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.

MagicHappens1971

You really don't think in the time the land has been open, that they wouldn't have sold millions of dollars in merch from having all of star wars represented? If baby yoda was in the land day one, that would have sold millions alone. So yea, I truly believe Disney is stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.
They sell all that merch at Tatooine Traders & Hollywood Blvd. At least where merch stands I think they way they have the merch in the lane right now is perfect

sedati

I'd love to see them attempt something like the Enchanted Tiki Room/Kitchen Kabaret/Country Bears but in the Star Wars Universe. A seated theatre story with animatronic droids and creatures. Actually, the recent Lego Disney+ show may have given the perfect scenario. A Hutt birthday. Maybe there's a vile gangster on Batuu who is bestowed offerings on his birthday. There could be musical acts. A menagerie of creatures/gifts. And everything could go horribly wrong with bounty hunters and rival crime lords (Olga?) showing up. Small footprint, people eater, air conditioning.

Ghost93

Iger publicly took responsibility for locking SWL to the sequel after seeing the first movie make $2B. He misread the room world.
While the Force Awakens was an incredibly derivative and unimaginative movie, it was generally well received, so I can see why Iger thought making the land around the sequels would make sense.

Then The Last Jedi went in a completely different direction from the Force Awakens and divided the fandom. And then The Rise of Skywalker managed to disappoint those who both loved and hated the Last Jedi, ensuring that everyone disliked the sequel trilogy by the time all was said and done. As someone who liked both the Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I felt Rise of Skywalker retroactively ruined the entire sequel trilogy and greatly weakened the original and prequel trilogies. Bringing Palpatine back from the dead was the worst storytelling decision imaginable.

GimpYancIent

The Iger concept, which he announced when Lucas Films was obtained, was to generate 9 Star Wars movies in succession within a rather short time of each other. Obviously, the idea was to flood the movie market with Star Wars and cash in a mega money haul quickly. No thought to creativity, story lines or the fact the actors portraying the core central characters were aging, in the case of Harrison Ford (he admitted during an interview) did not want to be the character Han Solo or Carrie Fisher who passed away. The results of such short-sighted thinking are now a matter of record. The franchise is strong enough though that a return to the big screen can be done just need to allow the creative people to do what they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom