What do you do at home to keep you in touch with the magic?

disneytati

Original Poster
Hey, guys!
I think I have already seen a thread like this before, but anyway...

What do you guys do when you miss WDW so much? What do you do to keep in touch with the magic?

Well, I try to keep connected to WDW every day. I miss it so much that I feel as if I needed some disney magic to keep myself alive (people here in Brazil think I am a freak...:p ). So I always try to use as much disney stuff as possible all day long:

- I drink in souvenir mugs, or in my Mickey Mouse glass (I will get a Donald Duck one pretty soon)
- Only write with my Philharmagic pen at work, and never leave it there:lol:
- Wear disney shirts at least twice a week
- Wear my Mickey Mouse watch every day (but never on the bus, I may have it robbed... :lol: )
- Wear disney earrings (I have them in different colors, to match all my clothes)

I also do the following:
- Watch vacation planning videos regularly
- Watch my own videotapes every day (I have recordings of my car arriving in Orlando, and then arriving at WDW, the red and purple signs, the monorail, the entrance to the MK...)
- Listen to disney music as often as I can.

And you guys? What do you do?:D

J

joviacdan

I'd say alot of the same.

I watch my vacation planning videos. I watch the home videos I took. I look at pictures.

And of course, I come here to discuss my addiction with other freaks which helps pass the time to my next trip.

My name is Dan, and I'm a Disneyholic.

disneytati

Original Poster
Yeah, I had forgotten wdwmagic.com, and Disney-Central!:lol:

These are the places I make disney friends that help me keep in touch with Disney!!!:D

Hey, TIGSMOM, you mean the whole family uses disney glasses? How cool! I wish I had a family like this! I am the only disney freak in my family (except for my aunt, but she is not as nuts as I am:hammer: ), and being in Brazil, it makes me a real freak!:lol:

micmse73

:sohappy:

I spend my days (mind you at work) surfing the internet for all things Disney....and of course visiting wdwmagic.com every couple of hours.

Jungle Skipper

Well I play my Disney music...My alarm clock plays one of my official albums every morning when I wake up (althoguh it often gets cut off by that wonderful snooze button! :D

Whenever our family gets together we ALWAYS talk about WDW. We're always thinking of things to do on our next trip...new ideas...reliving old memories. Some of us are constantly looking for excuses to plan other trips!

Speaking of planning trips, I plan for a lot of my friends and coworkers as a little hobby...keeps me thinking Disney all the time.

Then there are my memory books and photo albums. And I'm always looking to find my very own Disney Princess (I'm still single ladies! :) )

Jungle Josh

Since1976

I listen to park music on Live365 while at work, and listen to self-created CDs in the car. I change the wallpaper on my computer to a new WDW scene every couple of days (this site has provided many a great photo!).

In a way, this has created a perpetual Disney vacation state of mind (2 years and counting now!). It really helps put me in a good mood (or at least a mood where I'm not so easily perturbed).

I don't do this at home, because I know it would drive my wife nuts!

disneytati

Original Poster
Hey, Jungle Skipper, how can you get your alarm clock to play disney songs? That's a great way to start your day! And yeah, you also have a great family! I wish I had a Disney nuts family too... Well, at least I have my web-disney-friends here to plan trips together!:D

swimmom

I'm surrounded by Mickey paraphernalia at my desk.

I give Disney greeting cards to my husband and daughter for every occassion I can think of. I sign them "M.M. See at the world in ___ days!" May Day's coming up, I'll have to make my own card for that one!!!

I check Disney websites practically every day to see if there's any news. :D

Listen to Disney music & watch videos.

micmse73

Originally posted by swimmom
I'm surrounded by Mickey paraphernalia at my desk.

I am using my Sorcerer Mickey mouse pad along with my Magic Kingdom pen that is kept in my mouse ears pen cup right next to my mickey post-it note holder which is on top of my Mickey Mouse note pad all the while listening to my Walt Disney World Official Album on my computer....And people think I'm a little over the edge at work. I can't understand why????

stingrock23

I do lots of the same. Websites with pictures help alot because I don't have that many of them. Listening to music and watching the videos helps a lot.

Jungle Skipper

hit the nail on the head, I have an AM/FM CD alarm clock radio..thats how i do it.

Oh and I forgot my fav Disney thing to do that keeps me sane...surfing the WDWmagic boards at work while my boss isn't watching!

Jungle Josh:lol:

daoVinci

Not me. I'm not a Disneyholic. C'mon, it's not a problem...everybody does it. I can stop anytime I want to.

I just don't want to.

I get my daily fix here. When it becomes unbearable...I imagineer my own parks and attractions. Since we're expecting, I'm currently "Imagineering" ideas for my two year old's "big boy" room (I've just got to remember not to get so outlandish as to keep him too excited to sleep at night. :veryconfu

Our home is peppered with disney artwork, cels, etc.

Then there's the regular diet of WDW music and the sing-along videos he likes to watch.

And my Sorceror's Apprentice pen, mickey-themed legal-pad, date-book cover and desk set that greet me at work everyday.

But that's about it. I try to keep it low-key.

SpongeScott

wdwmagic.com
Disney music almost constantly playing in the house
wdwmagic.com
wearing Mickey golf polo shirts
wdwmagic.com
Mickey wrist watch
wdwmagic.com
entertainment center in bedroom chocked full of Disney snowglobes

almost forgot--wdwmagic.com :)

stitch rocks

Originally posted by Since1976
I listen to park music on Live365 while at work, and listen to self-created CDs in the car. I change the wallpaper on my computer to a new WDW scene every couple of days (this site has provided many a great photo!).

me too... lol.. my friends keep giving me weird looks and demamd that i change the station and my computer wallpaper... sniff... they just don't understand...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom