What do you collect?

Tiggerfanatic

I'm developing a love/desire for pins. I haven't gone nuts with them yet because I don't have a place for them but I'm thinking to get a scrapbook but instead of doing paper pages, doing thin foam pages so the pins can stick in them without poking through the back.

I collect shot glasses in general. I have some Disney ones that I really like.

:)

Disney sells these books - we bought one at the Contemporary gift shop when I took my niece and nephew and they really got into the pin trading. I had bought them both a lanyard and 10 pins from E-bay before we left, and we ended up spending a fortune more once we got there because they wanted to keep so many! Anywho, the pin scrapbook is really a nice way to keep your pins nice and they still enjoy looking at all their pins.

I also do shotglasses wherever I go. I have a curio cabinet full.

Chrononymous

I collect a little of everything as well!

I have a pretty big haul of pressed pennies (and other pressed coins) some general collectible coins from the parks, and quite a few pins.

I also have general ephemera, like bags, napkins, do not disturb signs, soaps and the like. Plus Disney music cds, souvenier photo books and guides, tickets, cards and stuff.

Mostly though I collect in themes.

I have a lot of toys, dolls, pins and merchandise from:

Pirates of the Caribbean (the ride and the movies...but mostly the ride!)
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion

Aladdin (mostly items featuring Jafar!)
Sleeping Beauty (mostly items with Maleficent)
and other general villain stuff.

SHAUN39

I always try to collect the following:polynesian mug,Grumpy mug,Grumpy tshirt,Birnbaum guide for the year im traveling:wave:

Matt and Kelly

Each time we go to the parks we always stock up on Christmas ornaments and I will usually buy a new Disney coffee mug, pretty much anything Mickey related. Every year during the holiday season we make sure to pick up a few new ornaments from the Disney stores here in town as well.

We have saved Fastpasses and room keys from previous trips for scrapbooks and whatnot but we have not done that each time we go.

KingdomofDreams

Dude! Look at all those Figments! Are you going to be getting one of the 40th Anniversary Ear Hats with Figment & Dreamfinder (also Orange Bird and an EPCOT Center pin) on it? All the new hats coming out are so unique, I think they're going to be very popular.

I'm not really big into collecting but I have a few pins, maybe 20 or so. I thought for a while I might like to collect them on a limited basis, but I got over that pretty quickly. I also have a few books which I'm really more interested in than the pins.

jlevis

Pins, both my wife and I
Prints and animation cells
Christmas orniments
Garden statues
Hats and t-shirts - especially Grumpy & Goofy

John

Being a collector of many things...ie antiques etc. I go Ol' school. I search local antique stores, fleabay, yard sales etc and look for vintage stuff. You would be surprised what you can find if you look hard enough.

As far as modern stuff goes I collect pins.

While we are on the topic I am an avid antique bottle collector....if you have any....I want them!

For the pin collectors, has anyone noticed on Ebay, that if you wish to bid/purchase pins in lots of 50, 100, 200, etc, the cheapest sellers seem to be from China and they provide free shipping. Before we head out on our WDW vacations, we usually buy 50 or 100 and trade away.

mickeyme

You have to be careful of pins from CHina. That is where many of the knock-offs com from. The cast emebers know this and will not trade with you unless the pins are authentic. And they know how to tell.

cslafferty

When we travel, we get a shot glass and Christmas ornament from wherever we go, but my exclusive Disney collections are snow globes and picture frames (the ceramic kind with characters on them). However, when we went last August, there were hardly any snow globes, and only the standard wooden/metal picture frames. Have they stopped making them?

<3caseyscorner

Cool thread!!! Me and my DH are addicted to pins!! Next time we go we will be getting us a book! Also, every year we go to the Christmas store in DTD and get a personalized ornament with the year on it!!! Soon our tree is going to be just disney ornaments :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom